N430 Module- WHat aircraft could get this?

Kev2go

I know this is being released first for the mi8

However will there be made available to other aircraft already in DCS or future planned modules that make use of the NS430?

IF i buy this Am i getting this just for the mi8? IF there are other aircraft that do get this GPS system would i have to rebuy NS430 module for them as well? or is this just a general purchase be applicable to any aircraft that makes use of it of the NS430?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

However will there be made available to other aircraft already in DCS or future planned modules that make use of the NS430?

Probably, but we don't know which. L-39 is almost certain.

IF i buy this Am i getting this just for the mi8? IF there are other aircraft that do get this GPS system would i have to rebuy NS430 module for them as well? or is this just a general purchase be applicable to any aircraft that makes use of it of the NS430?

We don't know. The funny thing is that the devs don't know either, or they don't want to tell us.

The only official info so far:

929fe91739862582d3ff73e5d46a7b96.png

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Probably, but we don't know which. L-39 is almost certain.

We don't know. The funny thing is that the devs don't know either, or they don't want to tell us.

The only official info so far:

929fe91739862582d3ff73e5d46a7b96.png

huh i guess that answers my questions. I guess it depends on the module. Not as much interested buying this for the mi8, or even the L39 but would totally want a N430 for UH1H or an old generation fast mover like Mig21 or F5E ( OFC only if its realistic for them to be fitted with them).

Personally i do hope itl be applicable to any aircraft compatible with it. ITl certainly be good buy for that price.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

would totally want a N430 for UH1H or an old generation fast mover like Mig21 or F5E ( OFC only if its realistic for them to be fitted with them).

It is realistic for smaller nations, and I completely agree. I hope they make it available for many more aircraft, without having to pay separately for each additional airframe.

--gos

It is realistic for smaller nations, and I completely agree. I hope they make it available for many more aircraft, without having to pay separately for each additional airframe.

--gos

havent been able to find images of Militarily operated LEgacy Mig21's or F5's or other such vintage military jets that are equipped with this exact system.

Most of older type aircraft i have found online are private owners of warbirds that have had their Gunsights or weapon avionics system removed and have A GPS .NAv system similar to 430 fitted to where the gun sight was. Ideally i wouldn't want to sacrifice weapons capability for better navigation within DCS if it can be helped.

Privately owned Mig21UM

rkovh3.jpg

Looks like a N430 reffited to Privately owned Sabre jet.

F86-cockpit-1000.jpg

panel+final.JPG

This one heres has a garmin at the botton. Its actually a Canadian Sabre owned by Canadian VIntage Wings of Canada.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

havent been able to find images of Militarily operated LEgacy Mig21's or F5's or other such vintage military jets that are equipped with this exact system.

Most of older type aircraft i have found online are private owners of warbirds that have had their Gunsights or weapon avionics system removed and have A GPS .NAv system similar to 430 fitted to where the gun sight was. Ideally i wouldn't want to sacrifice weapons capability for better navigation within DCS if it can be helped.

Privately owned Mig21UM

rkovh3.jpg

Looks like a N430 reffited to Privately owned Sabre jet.

F86-cockpit-1000.jpg

panel+final.JPG

This one heres has a garmin at the botton. Its actually a Canadian Sabre owned by Canadian VIntage Wings of Canada.

There are certainly military jets equipped with this device..here is the example of Croatian air force MiG-21BisD and umD

Here is a MiG-21bisD upgraded with an older Garmin unit:

eFenSYW.jpg

And the umD:

napyScw.jpg

And here are examples of the most recent uprade which incorporates the newer Garmin unit as the one we have in DCS

MiG-21bisD:

aWwz17R.jpg

UTz8WJO.jpg

and MiG-21umD:

gIqEae9.jpg

i really would like to see the gps on the wwii warbirds. that is, because i mainly use them for formation flying, aerobatics and general procedures training and an f.e. bf109 outfitted with the gps would not only be useful, but better convey the idea of flying a vintage aircraft in modern times...

Back to the original question:

What other modules can possibly get the NS430 system?

If a single purchase will allow me to use it for several aircraft (L-39, Mig-15,...) then I will go for it. It would be very nice to see an official statement on this. Until then, I'll just wait and see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are certainly military jets equipped with this device..here is

well thats good to hear that its realistically been used on Military MIg21Bis's. thanks for sharing

:thumbup:

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Back to the original question:

What other modules can possibly get the NS430 system?

If a single purchase will allow me to use it for several aircraft (L-39, Mig-15,...) then I will go for it. It would be very nice to see an official statement on this. Until then, I'll just wait and see.

yea im also hoping the single purchase will be applicable to more 1 one platform.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

As we have temporarily had access to an L-39 install of it, I'd say it was a pretty sure bet it'll be available again at some point.

As for some kind of official announcement of which modules will get it - I don't think you will hear anything from Belsimtek until they are ready to release it in other airframes. It may also of course be limited to their own airframes, so that would include Sabre and MiG-15Bis, but possibly not the MiG-21Bis, Viggen, C101s or Hawk?

Really though it is all just speculation until someone from the inside makes a more definitive statement.

I totally expect this to be available for a lot more aircraft soon(ish). If not fully implemented into the 3D cockpit, then at least via 2D overlay.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

As we have temporarily had access to an L-39 install of it, I'd say it was a pretty sure bet it'll be available again at some point.

As for some kind of official announcement of which modules will get it - I don't think you will hear anything from Belsimtek until they are ready to release it in other airframes. It may also of course be limited to their own airframes, so that would include Sabre and MiG-15Bis, but possibly not the MiG-21Bis, Viggen, C101s or Hawk?

Really though it is all just speculation until someone from the inside makes a more definitive statement.

Sure, I'm not expecting it to be available for all modules. I'd just like to see a statement on which modules they are planning to make it usable. I think that's a reasonable question before anybody hits the buy button :)

Edited by agentkgb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
No news that I have heard. Asking for an official statement on the business plan for the NS430 is a reasonable request though, IMO.

Agreed. I'm also interested but do want to know how many modules it will apply to before purchase.

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

I'd love this for the Viggen. Taking fixes is a pain.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)