4K resolution menu unclickable after update to DCS 2.5.3.21444 Open Beta

JumpinK

Thanks for this but it is just a workaround to correct temporarily bad patch/update only. This is not a stable solution.

I really don't know what you mean. Current 'Scale GUI' issue for those who use that aside, DCS works superbly in 4K, except for the in-flight menus, which are way too small in terms of text size. The mod I linked to solves that issue as it makes the menu text a 'normal' size. It is not 'correcting a bad patch/update'. Nothing to do with that at all.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

No difference

Hm... can you check please in 'window' mode (["fullScreen"] = false)?

One more question - do you use Windows scaling?

Hi USSR_Rik,

I have tested this with options.4K.lua (4K config.lua) from OP and setting ["fullScreen"] = true (in original lua) to false, makes no difference. Alt+Enter does essentially the same and it was established initially that this trick didn't work.

I am not using scaling - or I should say my Windows 10 "Make everything bigger" is set to 100%.

The only way I was able to use OP's options.lua was to edit ["scaleGui"] = true, and set its value to false.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I have just discovered the last nVidia driver makes this problem. Few minutes ago my game worked fine and after installing the last driver this bug happen. If you uninstall this driver and install the old solve this problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep informed about DCS World news at: ALLIED FLYING FORCE

CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00 Ghz / Gigabyte Z170X Gaming Motherboard / Memory 32GB DDR4 / Graphic Card Asus GTX1080 Turbo/ S.O. Win 10 Pro 64bits /

What is the version?

I have just discovered the last nVidia driver makes this problem. Few minutes ago my game worked fine and after installing the last driver this bug happen. If you uninstall this driver and install the old solve this problem.

Hi

What is the driver version that you claim fixed the issue?

The latest is 399.24, I have got 399.07 installed.

Edited by Gierasimov
drivers

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Guys. I had it in the past. long time ago.

Delete Saved Games\DCS\Config\Options.lua

Run DCS and put in your desired settings again. Don't exceed your monitor pixels.

Hope it helps. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

This latest version of DCS is unplayable using a resolution of 3840 x 2160.

I don't know why you make sweeping statements like that. I am running in 4K, and have no problems with this latest version of DCS.

The issue being discussed here clearly affects SOME people, and not others. That does not make DCS 'unplayable'.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Imaken, what is your res setting, how large is your monitor and what video card do you have?

I an running a gtx 1080ti on a 65" monitor at 3860x2140 or higher. Seems like the lower my resolution, the more accurate the mouse gets. I would imagine on a smaller monitor it wouldn't be so recognizable, but it is a big issue.

using a single monitor with QHD resolution (2560x1440) with scaleGUI=true the mouse has an offset of about 200-300pix, to LOG OUT the mouse needs to point to the MODULE MANAGER icon, the offset is horizontally as well as vertically, to exit from the GUI your mouse pointer should be left and above the "EXIT" by about 200-300 pix. without ScaleGUI activated everything is as usual (as before the update).

Imaken, what is your res setting, how large is your monitor and what video card do you have?

I an running a gtx 1080ti on a 65" monitor at 3860x2140 or higher. Seems like the lower my resolution, the more accurate the mouse gets. I would imagine on a smaller monitor it wouldn't be so recognizable, but it is a big issue.

As I said, I run in 4K and my system details are in my sig, i.e. 32" monitor and 1080 Ti.

Which 4k resolution? There are more than one right?

Not sure what you mean. 4K is 3840x2160.

I don't know why you make sweeping statements like that. I am running in 4K, and have no problems with this latest version of DCS.

The issue being discussed here clearly affects SOME people, and not others. That does not make DCS 'unplayable'.

I'm not saying its unplayable for everyone, I am saying it is completely unplayable for me. None of the click spots align at 4k resolutions for me. From the main menu I have to spend several minutes finding a click spot which appears to be in the upper left say about 1920 x 1080 pixels of my 3840 x 2160 resolution. The click spots are significantly smaller as well so very difficult to find and select something. So with the F-18 background image, the module icons displayed at the bottom highlight when my mouse is on the horizontal plane with the middle of the F-18 fuselage from behind the jet exhaust to about the middle of the right wing. The "Exit" button highlights when hovering just above the plane number on the right wing.

Getting to and adjusting settings is extremely difficult. I've also tried the mission editor and everything is off there as well. What I haven't tried is loading an actual mission to see if the click spots are also off in cockpit. I haven't bothered yet because it would just be an exercise in frustration.

I stand by what I stated, it is unplayable right now for me and it sounds like for others as well.

****Update****

Ok, I decided to do a couple of test to give additional information. First off, I did go ahead and test click-spots in cockpit and found that they do work as they should. If however you press ESC to access the menu to adjust controls, view the briefing etc., the menu that pops up will have the clickspot offset issue.

Next, i renamed my options.lua file so it would build a new one on startup. First I only changed the resolution option to set my 4k resolution. After the restart, clickspots were good so next I enabled the Scale GUI option (using Win10 175% scaling option). After a restart, the click spot offset issue comes back. I tried with Full Screen both on and off and no difference. Hopefully somebody can figure this one out soon.

Edited by mboddicker

I'm not saying its unplayable for everyone, I am saying it is completely unplayable for me. None of the click spots align at 4k resolutions for me. From the main menu I have to spend several minutes finding a click spot which appears to be in the upper left say about 1920 x 1080 pixels of my 3840 x 2160 resolution. The click spots are significantly smaller as well so very difficult to find and select something. So with the F-18 background image, the module icons displayed at the bottom highlight when my mouse is on the horizontal plane with the middle of the F-18 fuselage from behind the jet exhaust to about the middle of the right wing. The "Exit" button highlights when hovering just above the plane number on the right wing.

Getting to and adjusting settings is extremely difficult. I've also tried the mission editor and everything is off there as well. What I haven't tried is loading an actual mission to see if the click spots are also off in cockpit. I haven't bothered yet because it would just be an exercise in frustration.

I stand by what I stated, it is unplayable right now for me and it sounds like for others as well.

****Update****

Ok, I decided to do a couple of test to give additional information. First off, I did go ahead and test click-spots in cockpit and found that they do work as they should. If however you press ESC to access the menu to adjust controls, view the briefing etc., the menu that pops up will have the clickspot offset issue.

Next, i renamed my options.lua file so it would build a new one on startup. First I only changed the resolution option to set my 4k resolution. After the restart, clickspots were good so next I enabled the Scale GUI option (using Win10 175% scaling option). After a restart, the click spot offset issue comes back. I tried with Full Screen both on and off and no difference. Hopefully somebody can figure this one out soon.

Right, it is unplayable for you and some others.

Why do you enable ScaleUI, when we know that is the issue? Personally, I’ve never understood why anyone uses that, but with this current issue, it certainly should be left unchecked.

This latest bug is a bummer because, a couple of updates back, they'd finally fixed "scale gui" in 4K to actually make the gui 4K-crisp, but not tiny like it was/is with the scaling unchecked. With this week's update, not only does the gui scaling look crappy again (like 1080p upscaled to 4K), but, as has been reported above, nothing is clickable and you have to go into your config and change 'true' to 'false'. A shame when they'd fixed it two weeks ago. Oh well... we'll get there. :-)

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Why do you enable ScaleUI, when we know that is the issue? Personally, I’ve never understood why anyone uses that...

Why is it so hard for you to understand? When a 4K user doesn't have scaling checked, menu items and text are tiny. Kind of simple, really.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I'm not seeing this behavior at all on my 50' 4K.

I think the issue is you are scaling up in both Windows and DCS.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs