Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System - Page 26 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-28-2018, 02:58 PM   #251
zhukov032186

What the grip is modeled on is literally irrelevant except from an aesthetics standpoint, as is whether it matches identically with the grip you see in game. As long as it has capacity for similar functionality and good ergonomics that is all that matters. Unless your simpit is 1-1 you're going to be improvising across the board anyway, and if you are sufficiently skilled to build a 1-1 simpit, then fashioning a 1-1 grip and throttle shouldn't be outside your reach either. You can see more than a few 'homemade' units on these forums as it is.
I do solemnly swear to strafe every pilot I shoot down, destructible or not, circumstances permitting, because reasonz. Opponents are advised to assume the position upon landing, or preferably, while still in the air.
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:19 PM   #252
some1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhukov032186 View Post
What the grip is modelled on is literally irrelevant except from an aesthetics standpoint, as is whether it matches identically with the grip you see in game. As long as it has capacity for similar functionality and good ergonomics that is all that matters.
And that's the issue. Trying to map a western hotas system to VKB/VPC products is an exercise in creativity. No mode switches on the throttle itself, no western style speedbrake, no analog slew, no CMS HAT on T-50, unrealistic analog slew instead of a regular trim hat in VKB MCG pro, etc. Plenty of weird design choices that leave me puzzled.

Quote:
I am sure they are probably appealing to the Russian market first and foremost.
Yeah, just like ED with all those study level Russian airplanes they make.

Owned modules & betas: A-10C; Ka-50; P-51; FW-190D; UH-1; FC; FC2; FC3; L-39C/ZA; MiG-15bis; F-86F Sabre; Bf 109 K-4; F-5E; Mi-8MTV2; M-2000C; SA-342; MiG-21bis; C-101 Aviojet; Hawk T.1A; Spitfire IX; AJS 37; AV-8B;NTTR; PG
Hardware: Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Rift CV1
some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:16 PM   #253
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Don't forget that now throttles design need consider the "Space Sims" trend.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:50 PM   #254
Lehmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburne View Post
I am sure they are probably appealing to the Russian market first and foremost.
Probably they are. But the money are on the Western market, not Russian, so I guess they can't just ignore it. VKB have great products, but with some weird decisions. As an example, trim hat on their MCG, already mentioned. Another one, slew stick on MCG. It look cool and comfortable to reach, but it works somehow strange. I ended up with using factory slew control on Warthog throttle. Which is terrible, but still feels much more natural.
Lehmen is offline   Reply With Quote