DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Early Access Launch Trailer - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-22-2018, 11:18 PM   #31
iKyrThraad993i

I don't know if it is just me but this EA Launch Trailer gives me massive goosebumps. Great job on the EA Launch Trailer and can't wait for the release of the F/A-18C Hornet.
iKyrThraad993i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:32 PM   #32
Dino Might

GA, I have watched this trailer dozens of times and still can't get enough of it.

My daughter (almost 2) really likes watching external view of DCS planes, so I showed her this, and all I got for about 15 minutes was the sign for "more" every time it ended.

I also want to commend the choice of music - whoever did that piece did a fantastic job. I'm a sucker for great instrumental crescendos, and I'm also one of those that gets a little teary when there's a good score with a moving video - just one of those feelings that is hard to duplicate elsewhere.

Great work. I'm sending this video to one of the former Hornet jocks I work with - I am sure he'll get a kick out of it.
Dino Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:45 PM   #33
Outlaw24

Send a message via ICQ to Outlaw24

Outstanding Job!
MSI Z-97 Gaming 7, i7 4790K @ 4.4, Noctua NH-U12S, 32GB Corsair Vengeance, MSI GTX 1080ti, Trustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Pro, MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind Pedals, UTC MK II Pro, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, SSD 512GB 850 Pro (DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Windows 10.
Outlaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:45 PM   #34
mmaclauchlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Might View Post
GA, I have watched this trailer dozens of times and still can't get enough of it.

My daughter (almost 2) really likes watching external view of DCS planes, so I showed her this, and all I got for about 15 minutes was the sign for "more" every time it ended.

I also want to commend the choice of music - whoever did that piece did a fantastic job. I'm a sucker for great instrumental crescendos, and I'm also one of those that gets a little teary when there's a good score with a moving video - just one of those feelings that is hard to duplicate elsewhere.

Great work. I'm sending this video to one of the former Hornet jocks I work with - I am sure he'll get a kick out of it.
My sentiments exactly. Having grown up with Hornets, it's unreal to know in about a week I'll be strapping on my VR headset and finally sitting inside a Hornet, and flying it.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:48 AM   #35
dburne
Veteran

Yep same here, I keep watching the trailer daily in anticipation of next Wed.

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro|VPC T-50 |Warthog Throttle|MFG Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:25 PM   #36
_e10

So am I the only one who thinks the trailer is a bit too "boring"?
Compared to e.g. the new warthog trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzsmrAAPpC0) this seems to be the right plane for a sunday morning flight when the weather is good... if you know what I mean.
Dont get me wrong, the trailer is not bad at all, its just not the right choice for a combat plane imo...
_e10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:12 PM   #37
Dino Might

Quote:
Originally Posted by _e10 View Post
So am I the only one who thinks the trailer is a bit too "boring"?
Compared to e.g. the new warthog trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzsmrAAPpC0) this seems to be the right plane for a sunday morning flight when the weather is good... if you know what I mean.
Dont get me wrong, the trailer is not bad at all, its just not the right choice for a combat plane imo...
Wondering if we are watching the same trailer. The high G maneuvers towards the back half really get my blood pumping. I think it may be the music preference, but I get really amped with strings and woodwind pieces that have a powerful, long crescendo. For me, the music and associated visuals were perfect.
Dino Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:58 AM   #38
Magot

Now with AIM-120C I am scored from 18 nm (33 km) despite system message that misila was lost.
Face to face, 12 000 ft, target IL-78. max 0.95
Anyway 18nm is maximum.
Magot is offline   Reply With Quote