Training - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 08:09 AM   #21
Brixmis

Hi rephiled - a couple of years ago I did a few start-up guides in pictorial form that you can have appear in your kneeboard.

I did cover the Hawk - but I know there have been some changes since then, although I think it's very easy to see what to do in those cases.

I'll check the Hawk guide and maybe make one or two simple changes (this is for start-up only, until the module is declared feature complete) and update the guide as necessary.

It's very useful in VR - if you have a look at this video I made a few days ago in the Ka-50 I am using the same utility:

https://youtu.be/jZYClMqXgiU?t=4m7s

Here's a link to the current (older) guide:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde..._I?usp=sharing

You would download the folder then copy the contents to:

C:\Users\*username*\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\Hawk

then you can access it with the kneeboard controls in sim. You may have a bit to scroll through first, as usually all the maps are shown on the kneeboard as well, but I find this tool invaluable in many modules either on the monitor or especially in VR

Last edited by Brixmis; 06-20-2018 at 08:18 AM.
Brixmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:44 AM   #22
Brixmis

Right - I' ve just had a look at the procedure. Whilst it all works just fine in the training mission (1.5.8 ) it doesn't quite go according to plan in practice.

However, the linked pictorial guide (and the text one in there, too) do seem to be correct, as per the tutorial available.

The thing I would add is to release the parking brake before attempting to taxi - and I don't know how the module is currently behaving for others, but in my Hawk the steering is back to front. Left foot forward = rudder left = turn right! And vice-versa.

There's also no mention of setting up the lights and radios, but that is pretty simple in any case.

Good luck!

PS - I forgot - you may also find that the HYD warning lights don't like extinguishing much, either

Last edited by Brixmis; 06-20-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Brixmis is offline   Reply With Quote