• MIG-15bis
    • Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight
    • SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

1st day buy for me as well. You deserve some serious payback for your time spent so I ask everyone to buy the PRO version or send some donations.

I am really looking forward to this!

Hollywood, You have made DCS world so much better with your investment in VAICOM during these years. Respect!

Regards

HoBBiS

Simpit: i7 8700k, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, Oculus Rift-S, Grip: Virpil Constellation Alpha. Throttle: Virpil Mongoos T-50CM2 all mounted on a IKEA office chair with the Monstertech office chair kit.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hollywood,

haven't checked whats up with Vaicom for quite some time. I actually let it rest awaiting a stable DCS 2.5 release. But you seem to have us covered anyway overcoming the issue with 2.1 and stuff. I reckon i can pretty much forgo Vaicom 2.0 and wait a bit longer until 2.5 drops. The Pro version is a sure buy for me as well, it sounds really great what you have planned. Especially that Vaicom will support all modules!

And i think you priced it perfectly. I am curious though. May i ask; how does this differ from offering a DCS aircraft module without a contract with ED? I reckon its not a mod (when it does not use any ED DCS code) and has not been developed with ED tools and such. Not trying to be the devil's advocate here, just curious how it complies with ED rules.

Anyway, best wishes for the final leg to the 2.5 release.

Hey Hollywood,

haven't checked whats up with Vaicom for quite some time. I actually let it rest awaiting a stable DCS 2.5 release. But you seem to have us covered anyway overcoming the issue with 2.1 and stuff. I reckon i can pretty much forgo Vaicom 2.0 and wait a bit longer until 2.5 drops. The Pro version is a sure buy for me as well, it sounds really great what you have planned. Especially that Vaicom will support all modules!

And i think you priced it perfectly. I am curious though. May i ask; how does this differ from offering a DCS aircraft module without a contract with ED? I reckon its not a mod (when it does not use any ED DCS code) and has not been developed with ED tools and such. Not trying to be the devil's advocate here, just curious how it complies with ED rules.

Anyway, best wishes for the final leg to the 2.5 release.

Probably the same at TacView Pro does. Pay if you want the Pro version, don't if you don't. Not really sure I see your point with this post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

@sc_neo VAICOM PRO (FREE/PRO) will not be a DCS module,

it's a separate piece of external software that uses lua scripts to link into DCS.

Think along the lines of Simshaker, HELIOS,..

It will be downloadable from a separate website.

I'm no legal expert but as far as I'm aware there is no issue here and I'm abiding by all rules.

Anyway always happy to have a chat with ED of course.

@all Thanks for your generous comments :thumbup:

Stay tuned!

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Guys I have a question. I have this installed and when I start the background coms they come on and sound great but as soon as I go to do anything else the VoiceAttack program loses focus and goes silent. Am I missing something simple? Thanks!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

@ Greekbull By default the chatter audio stops when window focus is lost. If you start it with DCS running and it will keep going.

If you want to change this behaviour you can look up the _Menu_Chatter command in the profile and deselect the 'stop command if target window focus is lost' option.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

No doubt you all picked up this news by Wags the other day:

We plan to release DCS World 2.5 in the coming weeks!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196539

I'm sure you can see the benefit of having things pre-tested with the new version before it goes out.

So in line with this announcement I'll be planning release of VAICOM PRO 2.5 shortly behind the release of DCS World 2.5. Given the above statement it seems we can expect this quite soon.

All the best

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

No doubt you all picked up this news by Wags the other day:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196539

I'm sure you can see the benefit of having things pre-tested with the new version before it goes out.

So in line with this announcement I'll be planning release of VAICOM PRO 2.5 shortly behind the release of DCS World 2.5. Given the above statement it seems we can expect this quite soon.

All the best

Ohh nice :) thanks,

Looking forward to the vaicom pro 2.5

You got my support ;)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

If anyone will make a full profile not just coms for the AV-8B NV I would be in haven even if it turned out to be a pay ware Since i use VR it would be invaluable

i7-8700K/32 GB ram/1TB SSD/ TB storage/ 2x Nvidia 1070 in SLI/X-56 Oculus 840 watt liquid cool power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

If anyone will make a full profile not just coms for the AV-8B NV I would be in haven even if it turned out to be a pay ware Since i use VR it would be invaluable

i7-8700K/32 GB ram/1TB SSD/ TB storage/ 2x Nvidia 1070 in SLI/X-56 Oculus 840 watt liquid cool power

I'm sure Hollywood has us covered, will just take a little time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

@Hollywood I finally got everything working correctly! Thanks for the help! This is awesome!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Hollywood, VAICOM is working great for me in FC3 aircraft but I'm having trouble with my setup for the A-10C. My PTT is working and I can broadcast to tower but I'm not getting any replies. I have tried various airfields but no response. I'm setting the proper radio channels.

If I request a startup from ATC, I'll hear the correct request being broadcast, for example, "Anapa, this is hawg one one requesting startup" but I never get an answer. And as I mentioned, I have the right radio channel for the particular airfield.

Any suggestions?

Hollywood, VAICOM is working great for me in FC3 aircraft but I'm having trouble with my setup for the A-10C. My PTT is working and I can broadcast to tower but I'm not getting any replies. I have tried various airfields but no response. I'm setting the proper radio channels.

If I request a startup from ATC, I'll hear the correct request being broadcast, for example, "Anapa, this is hawg one one requesting startup" but I never get an answer. And as I mentioned, I have the right radio channel for the particular airfield.

Any suggestions?

Have you installed the Static ATC mod noted in the top page?

13700k @5.6GHz | 32GB DDR4 4000MHz CL14 | ASUS Z690 TUF  | GIGABYTE RTX4090 Gaming OC | Samsung 970PRO 512G + 980PRO 2T

GIGABYTE M32U | HP Reverb G2

Warthog HOTAS | TPR | JetSeat | TrackIR5

Windows 11

@sabotage If you're using Easy Comms OFF you could double-check that you are using the correct PTT key (VHF1 for ATC) and that the Intercom dial is set to VHF1 and not to INT for example. Radio power must be switched on obviously. If that's not it you may want to check in the log if Easy Comms OFF is properly recognized after Start Mission command.

If it isn't you will need to tweak the _fetch_data.cmd script depending on which DCS version you are using, see '1.5openbeta' note attached to first post. PM me if you get stuck.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

I'm "new" to DCS, again, with all the latest releases on my computer. I followed all the directions in the original post by Hollywood and I can hear my transmit buttons as well as hear the chatter when I request it in the back, I've done the learn my speech thing in Microsoft settings, but I cannot get any response when I PTT the Auto button on my joystick and request ATC, Options. No menu comes up. I know it's me. I'm 45 and don't spend time tinkering on computers like I did in the DOS and WIn 3.11 days.

I'm wondering if I missed an update to Viacom along the way in these 80 or so pages of Forum posts. I'm wondering if the ATC script is faulty in my machine because I don't have it set up the right way. I'm on a Win 10 machine and lord knows the god damn permissions and Admin settings could be a big part of the problem. If anyone has a global fix once and all for ME the owner of my machine to be the ADMIN for everything on my damn machine I built. Sheesh.

I'd be happy to take screenshots. I worked on this for about an hour yesterday. My log says a lot of stuff but it's hard to tell what is normal and what is a fault.

and my DCS folder with no temp missons file

Wondering if this is an issue. I have 3 versions of DCS on my machine since not playing in over 4 years. I have DCS, DCS OpenBeta and DCS openAlpha. The only reason I downloaded DCS OpenBeta 1.5 was to run the harrier. It is not clear if I need both DCS OpenAlpha and DCS openBeta. i only installed VoiceAttack to look at my original DCS folder which is version 1.5.7.11...

1942358764_DCSfolder.png.ca9eeb39c97fe9409a94299c2fefe43c.png

Please help..

Good morning,

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas to help me get Viacom working. I am currently running DCS 2.2 and flying the AC 10c and for the life of me cant get Viacom to work. I installed as per direction and also added hotfix for mod which restored my atc menu. It just doesn't seem to recognize voice commands i can get start mission but after that it just fails to even register anything im saying.. I made my own basic profile using Voice Attack and it all seems to work efficiently discarding any problems with my mike or the program itself.

Good morning,

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas to help me get Viacom working. I am currently running DCS 2.2 and flying the AC 10c and for the life of me cant get Viacom to work. I installed as per direction and also added hotfix for mod which restored my atc menu. It just doesn't seem to recognize voice commands i can get start mission but after that it just fails to even register anything im saying.. I made my own basic profile using Voice Attack and it all seems to work efficiently discarding any problems with my mike or the program itself.

There is log window in VA, you can check the log messages first to see what happened.:)

13700k @5.6GHz | 32GB DDR4 4000MHz CL14 | ASUS Z690 TUF  | GIGABYTE RTX4090 Gaming OC | Samsung 970PRO 512G + 980PRO 2T

GIGABYTE M32U | HP Reverb G2

Warthog HOTAS | TPR | JetSeat | TrackIR5

Windows 11

Does anyone know if VR makes a difference in operation of VIACOM? i still cannot get my menu to come up when I press AUTO transmit and say ATC Options. Can anyone help me with my previous posts and screenshots. I would really love to make this work this afternoon.

@swimbody Let me have a look and get back to you on PM

@Chev67 Make sure to keep holding the PTT button all the way until you hear the beeps. Articulate slowly at first, inspct the log how it was recognized and PM me if you get stuck

@Karma Not yet but upcoming VAICOM PRO plugin will have support for the F-5E.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com