VEAO Aircraft Wishlist

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still planning on a Mossie or two to go with the Me410? I've always enjoyed ground attackers and it would be awesome to have a Mossie at DCS level quality! It will be nice when we get some good WWII ground attackers to spice up MP play. Cheers!

Yes 2 variants have currently been researched and are awaiting their turn. The spitfire modeller is going to be working on them when spitfire is artistically finished.

Pman

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yes 2 variants have currently been researched and are awaiting their turn.

Awesome! Are you able to share which variants? If you don't want to give out too much info quite yet, I understand and can wait for the official announcement - no worries!

I think it would be great if one of them will be a fighter-bomber version with guns/cannons, bombs and rockets (late 1944 Mk VI perhaps...). But to be honest, I would buy any of them even if they are primarily bomber versions as I'm sure they would be a joy to fly :joystick:

Awesome! Are you able to share which variants? If you don't want to give out too much info quite yet, I understand and can wait for the official announcement - no worries!

I think it would be great if one of them will be a fighter-bomber version with guns/cannons, bombs and rockets (late 1944 Mk VI perhaps...). But to be honest, I would buy any of them even if they are primarily bomber versions as I'm sure they would be a joy to fly :joystick:

In the past they stated:

Dehaviland Mosquito Mk IV

Dehaviland Mosquito Mk XVI

Check my F-15C guide

• 3 weeks later...
Im really surprised the jaguar got looked over, Even by other parties, And was widely used.

They think it won't get a good enough return financially..

Plus data will not be easy to get.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

My thought is that if someone is planning to make a bomber from ww2 then they should start small and popular. like the b25. Then depending on how those go, branch out and go bigger.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

I'd rather see more common, run of the mill warbirds than the best model of a particular line. To me, it's on its way to getting out of hand. We are going to have a Normandy map with bearcats, typhoons, k4's, doras and Spit XIV's. Seriously, its like an uber matchup. Just my observation with how things seem to be going.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I'd rather see more common, run of the mill warbirds than the best model of a particular line. To me, it's on its way to getting out of hand. We are going to have a Normandy map with bearcats, typhoons, k4's, doras and Spit XIV's. Seriously, its like an uber matchup. Just my observation with how things seem to be going.

We do not select our aircraft with a goal of balancing a PvP environment. Nor do we select them based on the maps available, unless of course it is one we are making ourselves.

We select aircraft based on a number of criteria not least of which aircraft we would like to fly :D

Pman

yeah theres going to have to be what-if 1946 or 47 scenarios i think lol, like if d-day failed and russians got stopped on the east earlier like at kursk, or later at operation bagration. would get an excuse to use carrier ups in the channel

but as far as western front 1944 i think all of the run of the mill planes are in there, except bf109g series, which since i already own the k4 i wouldnt be buying (i do want the spanish bf109 though)

i hope VEAO focuses on the early jets they have planned, i love early jet combat

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

We do not select our aircraft with a goal of balancing a PvP environment. Nor do we select them based on the maps available, unless of course it is one we are making ourselves.

Pman

i am pretty happy with this philosophy, i think with other 3rd parties and ed, there will be enough aircraft to match up in a given appx time period, late 40s, early 50s, late 70s , 80s and a lot of the modules were common in 90s and up to today, even the mig21bis

just need some super sabres, drakens and mig 17s to fill in the late 50s- mid 60s gap

Edited by zantron

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

We select aircraft based on a number of criteria not least of which aircraft we would like to fly :D

Pman

... not forgetting that it is billed as a Combat sim, not FSX and "what lonely example of it's period shall I fly today?".

Balance will be in the hands of the mission builders but the a/c have to be reasonably contemporary.

Spit IX will be ok alongside the WWII a/c we have and the XIV won't be out of place.

Really need more Allied a/c alongside that rack of late MiGs and Sus, although combat using computer-controlled surfaces and weapon systems doesn't really interest me much, except for the occasional flight.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

... not forgetting that it is billed as a Combat sim, not FSX and "what lonely example of it's period shall I fly today?".

Balance will be in the hands of the mission builders but the a/c have to be reasonably contemporary.

Spit IX will be ok alongside the WWII a/c we have and the XIV won't be out of place.

Really need more Allied a/c alongside that rack of late MiGs and Sus, although combat using computer-controlled surfaces and weapon systems doesn't really interest me much, except for the occasional flight.

Not all of our aircraft we have/are developing are combat aircraft :) We do appreciate that people will of course use our aircraft for combat and they will be fully combat capable.

We just don't make decisions based around an aircrafts combat value :)

Are you guys still planning on making a Lynx?

No current plans, that may change in the future.

Pman

• 2 weeks later...

How about a AC 130 Spectre Gunship, I believe multicrew could do some real damage with it.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals