Removed

CptSmiley

the version on the front page still says March 2014? Maybe I missed something, I dunno.....

Does this work with the recent updates to 1.5?

In 1.5 it doesn't work for me, blows up on ramp/runway when hot, and if parked cold, it jumps around on tarmac until it blows up. In the air its like a leaf flapping in front of a fan and you cant control it at all.

In 2.0 you can get in the cockpit on the tarmac without it blowing up but your sitting high up above cockpit and you can see what appears to be the external view pilots head and canopy below while you yourself are in a 3d cockpit.

If you exit and come back in then your properly positioned with the 3d cockpit but now the pilot and low-res cockpit are above you and you can't see anything because they're in the way.

I went looking for a place to re-position this stuff, but I fear it might actually be in the model and not something that can be tweaked in a lua file. :(

If someone can point me to where to reposition stuff in a lua file I'll go do that myself.

Note: I'm using the download from the github from a few posts back. https://github.com/ipr/F-16Demo/

Edited by aileron

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

none of the links have a working demo module in 1.5.6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 5 weeks later...

Are there working med versions for DCS 1.5.6 ?

I remember this mod had even HUD (speed, altitude, G, gun-cross).

We had a lot of fun just dogfighting on it =)

"Ніяка в світі сила нас не зламає, бо нас коріння наше в землі тримає"

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
In 1.5 it doesn't work for me, blows up on ramp/runway when hot, and if parked cold, it jumps around on tarmac until it blows up. In the air its like a leaf flapping in front of a fan and you cant control it at all.

In 2.0 you can get in the cockpit on the tarmac without it blowing up but your sitting high up above cockpit and you can see what appears to be the external view pilots head and canopy below while you yourself are in a 3d cockpit.

If you exit and come back in then your properly positioned with the 3d cockpit but now the pilot and low-res cockpit are above you and you can't see anything because they're in the way.

I went looking for a place to re-position this stuff, but I fear it might actually be in the model and not something that can be tweaked in a lua file. :(

If someone can point me to where to reposition stuff in a lua file I'll go do that myself.

Note: I'm using the download from the github from a few posts back. https://github.com/ipr/F-16Demo/

Not sure if it was the correct way to do about it, but I make a views.lua put it in thee root directory and made an edit to the entry.lua to call on it, I got the cockpit position fixed, however the engine quit working. And probably a bunch of other things too but I can't test it.

*edit* ok I removed my entry.lua edit and the views.lua I made. and its "working" again, but the cockpit is placed all wrong. but at least the engine is working. No electrics seem to be functioning though. And my pitch authority is nearly zero. This one is so advanced though I don't even really know how/where to start in updating it for current standards.

Edited by Kazansky222

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• CptSmiley changed the title to Removed