Red Flag - Aggressor PvP March - RESTRICTED WEAPONS

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent fight guys. Many grats by the Lockon Greece.

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Thanks to everyone who took part!

Sorry about the rough start, we got there in the end though once we found out what the problem was and dealt with it.

Working on the TacVIEW and getting the tracks published today, will post later tonight with all the details once I get the chance!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Many thanks to the 104th and many thanks to all those that took part. It was fun!

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

much much better with SARH and IR weapons :)

SARH-only did really turn out to be a lot of fun. Being swamped with AMRAAMs is no doubt an intimidating situation, but SARH really made it much more of a white-knuckled, personal fight. AMRAAMs are more "oh, I died," or "nope, still alive," SARH is like a knife fight to the death in a completely packed Coliseum. I'll definitely be on the lookout to sign up for the next one of those! :D

Again, fantastic event. Rough starts come with the territory in this gig, but it was handled with classic 104th expertise. As a leader of a fellow squadron, I can identify with the pressure and frustration of putting something together and having it all go tits up several times before it goes right. I've got nothing but admiration for the job you guys do.

Looking forward to that Tacview and the next news of any events you guys are looking to put together! :thumbup:

Also let Manawar know I appreciated the kind words on the livestream, but of course I've gotta give credit to DCS's braindead Sparrows where credit is due. :P Should've just run for the damn border, but in the heat of the moment I had the stupid idea to try to force an overshoot.. I'll get it right in the next one!

Edited by pyromaniac4002

Finished watching the replay. From spectator POV, it was very entertaining. Excellent and engaging commentary by Hook & Manawar as always. Some very good battles with memorable moments by Croncat, MicroVAX, Pyro, WD1, Stuge and the SF guys. Had me on the edge of my seat at the end when the M2000 guys made a last push against Red. As a previous blue pilot, I was crushed to see the blue Mirages get shot down one-by-one at the end. They put up a valiant fight!

I really like the SARH only format with AWACS. I hope this will be offered again for RF NTTR.

rr9z3I5.png

Results

Red Flag March

Aggressor Victory!

A closely fought battle this month however the Aggressors managed to take a surprising victory after holding down for 2 hours,

protecting more than 50% of the ground targets whilst shooting down enough Challenger aircraft to have more alive at the end of the mission!

RiGK4GMiL.png

Air to Air Kills

For some reason there are some errors / missing kills in the server logs, below is the logged kill data, please post if you spot something missing or incorrect that needs to be changed.

"SF_Farrago" scored a victory against "Astus" with AIM-7M

"SF_Razer" scored a victory against "rogonaut" with AIM-9M

"SF_Ocelot" scored a victory against "Esonub" with AIM-7M

"AGRS_WinchesterDelta1" scored a victory against "SF_Ocelot" with AIM-9M

"SF_Razer" scored a victory against "Plaiskool" with AIM-9M

"SF_Razer" scored a victory against "Axion" with AIM-9M

"SF_Kapsu" scored a victory against "RohanFalcon" with AIM-9M

"104th_Spade" scored a victory against "TAW_Kougar" with AIM-9M

"Croncat" scored a victory against "104th_Maverick" with Matra S530D

"<51>Frostie" scored a victory against "=GR= Mad Dog =★=" with R-27T

"<51>Frostie" scored a victory against "[bSD] BK" with R-73

"AGRS_WinchesterDelta1" scored a victory against "SF_Farrago" with AIM-9M

"F99th-pyromaniac4002 #24" scored a victory against "SF_Kapsu" with AIM-9M

"SF_Razer" scored a victory against "F99th-pyromaniac4002 #24" with guns!

"=RvE=Flame" scored a victory against "104cdt_Tiger" with AIM-7M

"104th_Stuge" scored a victory against "=RvE=Flame" with AIM-7M

"104th_MoGas" scored a victory against "horΛz" with AIM-7M

"Croncat" scored a victory against "104th_Spade" with Matra S530D

"104cdt_Dozer" scored a victory against "=GR=Optimus" with AIM-9M

"=RvE=MicroVAX" scored a victory against "<51>Frostie" with Matra S530D

"104th_Knight" scored a victory against "AGRS_WinchesterDelta1" with AIM-9M

"Croncat" scored a victory against "104th_Knight" with Matra S530D

"EVC57_Pokin" scored a victory against "<51>holimoli" with AIM-7M

"<51>holimoli" scored a victory against "=RvE=YAGA" with R-73

"<51>Rage" scored a victory against "Alpenwolf" with R-27R

"<51>Rage" scored a victory against "=EDP 71st= AlemaN_AR" with R-27R

"=EDP 71st= AlemaN_AR" scored a victory against "<51>Rage" with R-27R

"104th_Stuge" scored a victory against "Martini" with AIM-7M

"104th_Stuge" scored a victory against "Veritech" with AIM-9M

"104cdt_Dozer" scored a victory against "=RvE=MicroVAX" with AIM-7M

"104th_Mustang" scored a victory against "Croncat" with AIM-7M

"104th_MoGas" scored a victory against "Cisco" with AIM-7M!

"104th_Stuge" scored a victory against "=GR= AEOLUS#3" with guns!

Challenger Prizes

:cheer3nc:

Air to Air - Croncat

Congratulations to Croncat who successfully downed 3 Aggressor pilots and wins any DCS module of his choosing! Please contact me via PM to arrange receiving your prize.

Air to Ground - =RvE=Moltar

Congratulations to =RvE=Moltar who managed to take his window of opportunity and score 6 confirmed Air to Ground kills, just one more than his closest rival. He also wins any DCS module of his choice. Please contact me via PM to arrange receiving your prize.

Track

The server Track the ACMI file is generated from is available to download HERE

TacVIEW ACMI

The ACMI file for the event is available to download HERE

Strategic TacVIEW Video

RiGK4GMiL.png

Thanks to all the pilots who flew in the event, we're really looking forward to introducing GCI next month to ramp up the intensity!

Big thanks to Hook and 104th_Manawar for commentating and to Hook for hosting the stream, fantastic job guys thanks so much for your patience at the start of the event!

Also to the 51st and SF Squadrons who showed a lot of talent and got some key kills for the Aggressor side you guys were awesome to work with, thanks a lot for your hard work on Saturday!

The next event is planned for the 29th of April and will feature human GCI controllers, the sign up will be open in the coming weeks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Where is my maneuver kill on IronMike. He was within 3 miles of me and killed himself chasing me when he wanted to break off. So i'll have 3 kills as well :)

But good fight guy's really enjoyed it. Thx for creating this event.

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Congrats !

You guys really deserve the victory ! :)

For the next time it would be really nice to have the ruleset under which condition the event is won by which side. So planning can be refined in that regard as we move along to greater heights of coordination complexity. :)

It would also be nice to at know what kind of scoring impact the destruction of the Aggressor AWACS made and will make in the future, considering its material value is like ~8-10 times larger then the target group itself and is both IRL and in DCS a pretty vital asset in air to air warfare, and judging by the defence group it was considered as such by you as well :).

And I sincerely ask to consider my AWACS kill as an airkill. If it was $random F16 AI, well who cares. But the AWACS is as said a vital asset and I do not really see how the planning I did, and independent of that in general is required, to down that thing is worth less in comparison to the work it takes to down a fighter aircraft controlled by a competent pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Great match to everyone involved.

I just bumped into this thread from 104th Knight, about his YT channel. The 1st video in the 1st post is from this event.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185196

Great seeing it from his perspective. Everything from the CAP plan in action, to the cluttered comms, and general chaos that ensues when the shit hits the fan, to the nearly useless never ending AI AWACS calls. The AI's fine for a typical SP mission, but the limitations for this type event are obvious.

Human GCI will be a big improvement.

I also appreciated the weapon limitation for this event. Keep changing it up and trying new things.

:thumbup:

Interresting event,

Not surprised about agressors victory, comms and coordination of skill are very important especially for FOX1 only.

Good work agressors!

Good work as well to "flight1" and the few who join my flight even if we don't know each other, we succeed to stay coordinated at least 10 min wich is a good start :)

Great event again, awesome flying from everyone.

Fantastic job again Maverick and IronMike for setting everything up.

Kudos to Microvax who tied a few red fighters up North with his 1st AWACS attempt, congrats on the 2nd sortie success.

The challengers were more cautious this time around and allowed us to control the airspace for a majority of the time, great job from the 104th and SF squadrons holding the line. There were some fantastic missile evasions on show which highlights how much more of a spectacle this set up is, hopefully we can see more merges in the future. Having one life though makes everybody extremely cautious most of the time, long range defensive shots and hard locks from different angles by the defensive side early on limited a strong press from the challengers. Great fight at the end there after the strikers went down.

I'd advise the stream organisers to please run a delay with the stream as far as I am aware it was running real time. Watching back I see comments in the chat log from pilots who were still flying. As much as a great watch the stream is if you're flying in the actual event you shouldn't be clicking on the link, delay or not, thanks all.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org