TUSBA and TM Cougar throttle

pmsmc

Hello All,

I took my old TM Cougar out of the box and I am trying it with Realsimulator's TUSBA to use it separatley from the joystick as an independent controller.

However, I cannot adjust the curves of the throttle.

Either I get it full closed and I can keep the jet stoped while in idle, but I cannot get th AB to work, or I get the AB to work, but the throttle doesn't come all te way back and I cannot keep the plane stoped while in idle.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Did you recalibrate your axis properly using the TUSBA software? it sounds like it's not calibrated.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 3 weeks later...

TUSBA help

I bought the Real Simulator TUSBA and all works well except my cursor drifts all over the MFD screen and worse with TGP. The microstick works well other than that and I have recalibrated in the RS calibration tool a couple of times with no joy.

Anyone with an idea to stop the drift would be greatly appreciated.

First step is to look in the DCS control bindings screen. Go to Axis controls for the F-16 and see if your cursor X and Y axis are not centralised or are drifting around. If they aren’t centralised I’d go into axis tune on each of those bindings and is set a dead zone big enough that it returns the axis output to the neutral position. Possibly add a little curve in there as well so it’s easier to do precise control.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Thanks Deano87, creating a little dead zone in both axes did the trick.

I greatly appreciate your help and the quick response.

Thanks again.

Not a problem! Glad it fixed your issue!

Proud owner of:

Yeah always set axis deadzones on ministicks like that.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hello All,

I took my old TM Cougar out of the box and I am trying it with Realsimulator's TUSBA to use it separatley from the joystick as an independent controller.

However, I cannot adjust the curves of the throttle.

Either I get it full closed and I can keep the jet stoped while in idle, but I cannot get th AB to work, or I get the AB to work, but the throttle doesn't come all te way back and I cannot keep the plane stoped while in idle.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Hey mind sharing a screen shot of your curve? I attempted to play with mine and I'm not sure, there just seems to be zero control between 70-90% RPM almost like it digital. Also on the TUSBA Software I don't appear to be getting full range on the axis, I've paired it so many times.

Hey mind sharing a screen shot of your curve? I attempted to play with mine and I'm not sure, there just seems to be zero control between 70-90% RPM almost like it digital. Also on the TUSBA Software I don't appear to be getting full range on the axis, I've paired it so many times.

Dead zone between 70-90% sounds like a dead zone in the pot to me rather then any software issues. I had the same issues before I swapped to a Viper Gear Hall Effect upgrade = https://vipergear.eu/product/cougar-midlife-update-throttle-kit-c-muk/

Regarding full range on the Axis, Have you done a recalibration of the axis in the TUSBA software?

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

Dead zone between 70-90% sounds like a dead zone in the pot to me rather then any software issues. I had the same issues before I swapped to a Viper Gear Hall Effect upgrade = https://vipergear.eu/product/cougar-midlife-update-throttle-kit-c-muk/

Regarding full range on the Axis, Have you done a recalibration of the axis in the TUSBA software?

Hey, yes I've re calibrated several times and its still the same. The axis does jump all the time in the TUSBA software so I think I got a dead zone in the pot...

I'll order myself a Hall sensor then.

• 3 weeks later...

Hall sensor arrived today, fitted and all working fine, still need to add a curve to the axis tho otherwise the AF is in the wrong position (i know you can physically adjust it inside, but I cannot be assed to open it up again).

So if you could please share you're custom curves that be great thanks!