Wind

jojo

I'm sure I'm not the first one to bring up this topic.

If I set the wind in ME at 000°, it should be blowing FROM the North, and not TO the North (from the South).

And this is also true at Moscow Sheremetyevo UUEE airport

So the wind direction in ME is reversed by 180°.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

If memory serves, per the last time this was brought up it's a deliberate choice because it is representative of meteorological maps; it makes more sense in the context of the dynamic weather in the ME.

Flipping it 180 degrees in the briefing WX report for proper wind reports with respect to aviation would be appropriate, though, I agree.

I remember from when I first started playing in the mission editor I sure would have appreciated that being explained somewhere. One of those little '?' thingies that are in other parts of the ME wouldn't go amiss.

If ED were to change the wind direction, every existing mission and campaign would have to be updated ... I prefer to just be aware of this issue, and take it into account when editing my missions.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

If ED were to change the wind direction, every existing mission and campaign would have to be updated ... I prefer to just be aware of this issue, and take it into account when editing my missions.

I agree, but there's nothing stopping them from making the briefing correct though for the users of the missions that don't know about the problem. For a study aviation simulation (ish), it really is a big problem. Seems like a simple math conversion in the auto generated briefing would make sense...

It's a legacy from "Lock On" 2003.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..