Eastern Friendship - An F/A-18 Campaign on the Caucasus Map By Sedlo

Love it! Unfortunately Mission 3 isn't really playable right now until they fix the radar lock hud freeze bug, got my butt handed to me by the MiGs because I couldn't even get a lock on them. I'll reattack when the bug is fixed. Nice work!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Great missions! I look forward to your next ones. I had to hand the migs off like sandman due to the dcs radar lock bug, but wingman came through.

After getting chewed out for breaking the wrong way on landing when I didn't, I looked at the trigger and both left and right were set to the runway poly instead of the left and right poly fyi.

Great mini campaign, just finished it. The missions seem fairly realistic and are really well balanced.

I've played this over a couple of weeks, from what I remember all but mission 4 gave me a rollocking from breaking the wrong way. Minor 'complaint' though all things considered.

Thanks Sedlo!

Amazing campaign !!! just finished the 4th mission !!!

2 mission of 4 i had the problem of the tower chewing out me for taking the wrong break :music_whistling:

I also had the problem of auto-startup not working for "insufficient rpm of left engine" if i recall correctly....

Anyway, fantastic campaign... looking forward for more :thumbup:

2 mission of 4 i had the problem of the tower chewing out me for taking the wrong break :music_whistling:

I got in trouble both mission 1 and 2 and thought I broke right as told. I think I misunderstand the instruction to be honest.

On 3 I just landed straight in... naughty cause I had to taxi back onto the runway and off again to trigger the end mission event :music_whistling:

Just finished, still loving your work!

I was able to swap the AIM-7s for AIM-120s without breaking the mission. Mission 4 took a couple tries, things get confusing fast regarding who’s who in the zoo!

Can’t wait until the hornet is finished and you can really unleash your creative juices! BTW, love the little Easter egg in mission 3 (the Russian ELINT aircraft’s callsign)

Nice work!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Thanks for the kind words, folks! TechRoss, I'm still trying to troubleshoot that trigger... Do you happen to have a track file you can send?

@sandman1330, check out page 48 onward here: http://www.gensale.net/wp-th67/Instruments/Publications/FIH.pdf

Hi, in this case I think it was me doing the wrong thing. I was doing a carrier brake at the end of the runway. When I checked the charts, at the airfield in question yo need to break over the middle of the runway. When I do this I don't get in trouble :smilewink:

Edit: Just read over the post again, are you maybe referring to the trigger where I had to taxi back onto the runway to trigger the end mission?

Edited by TechRoss

I always break right after the end of the runway, sometimes a little after I pass it too. Just make sure to break in the correct direction the tower tells you to. Never had a problem doing that.

Hi, in this case I think it was me doing the wrong thing. I was doing a carrier brake at the end of the runway. When I checked the charts, at the airfield in question yo need to break over the middle of the runway. When I do this I don't get in trouble :smilewink:

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Thanks!

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Thanks for the kind words, folks! TechRoss, I'm still trying to troubleshoot that trigger... Do you happen to have a track file you can send?

@sandman1330, check out page 48 onward here: http://www.gensale.net/wp-th67/Instruments/Publications/FIH.pdf

Ha! Learn something new everyday.

As a helicopter jock all my air interception training was aimed at bug smashers approaching things like G20 or The Olympics, so that never came up. Cool!

Played two missions so far. Great stuff - thank you so much for making the campaign!

I keep confusing left and right - made me feel ashamed - a very nice touch :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Flew the first mission; very well done!

It'd be nice to have a multiplayer version of this campaign. Can the missions be edited as such without messing up triggers etc?

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Man got beaten up last night. Started the campaign again for the third time, mission 1, air defence set to easy in F10, first pass not even hit my turn out and 3 SAMS on my ass. Used all my counters in that run and got taken out. If nothing I am going be good at dodging those babies.

Then the dreaded mission 3, those Migs just blast me. Hanging from my shoot looking at the snow and I get the RTB message. Was thinking man that is gong to be a long walk.

Still getting my ass handed to me, playing for the third time and still loving it. Again thanks Sedlo and well done.

Man got beaten up last night. Started the campaign again for the third time, mission 1, air defence set to easy in F10, first pass not even hit my turn out and 3 SAMS on my ass. Used all my counters in that run and got taken out. If nothing I am going be good at dodging those babies.

Then the dreaded mission 3, those Migs just blast me. Hanging from my shoot looking at the snow and I get the RTB message. Was thinking man that is gong to be a long walk.

Still getting my ass handed to me, playing for the third time and still loving it. Again thanks Sedlo and well done.

I've also played it a second time and the first mission is tough without laser guided weapons or Mavericks. You have to be pretty precise with the dumb bombs. I also was hit a few times and almost had my left tail fin taken off which made for a very tough flight back to base and also landing was squirrelly.

Mission 3 I've died several times, I wonder if changing the load out to 120's will make it easier but I know that's not supported right now. Sometimes you get lucky and one of the migs will go after wingman leaving you some time to manuevers and fire off a few shots.

These are very fun and I can't wait for more.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I've also played it a second time and the first mission is tough without laser guided weapons or Mavericks. You have to be pretty precise with the dumb bombs. I also was hit a few times and almost had my left tail fin taken off which made for a very tough flight back to base and also landing was squirrelly.

Mission 3 I've died several times, I wonder if changing the load out to 120's will make it easier but I know that's not supported right now. Sometimes you get lucky and one of the migs will go after wingman leaving you some time to manuevers and fire off a few shots.

You can change the load out to 120Cs with no effect, that’s how I ended up doing the mission. Just changed the load out in the mission planner (not the editor)

Yeah eventually had to make a few changes to mission 3. Changed the Mig loadout to less missiles and they are also set to fire at long range. Changed that to medium range or no escape range. Figured I have no real long range weapons so would even it up. My AMRAMS sorted them quickly. Mission was not a success though, I think because I had a border violation chasing down the second Mig. If you get weapons off on them first they turn very evasive and almost seem like they are running.

With this week's update and the new features for the 120B, will be interesting, turn at them and just fire. Hopefully the AMRAMS will go Pitbull I think it is called a d hunt them down.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah eventually had to make a few changes to mission 3. Changed the Mig loadout to less missiles and they are also set to fire at long range. Changed that to medium range or no escape range. Figured I have no real long range weapons so would even it up. My AMRAMS sorted them quickly. Mission was not a success though, I think because I had a border violation chasing down the second Mig. If you get weapons off on them first they turn very evasive and almost seem like they are running.

With this week's update and the new features for the 120B, will be interesting, turn at them and just fire. Hopefully the AMRAMS will go Pitbull I think it is called a d hunt them down.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yea I wonder if that update will drop today. You should also be able to use the visual mode of the aim120's to quickly fire on them and it shouldn't require you to chase after them. I also failed the first time because I ended up going over the border and the last mig did eventually get away.

I've decided that mission 4 is impossible. After I hit the main target I don't get the prompt to egress to waypoint 6. So I assume it wants the fighters taken out. 4 of them launch initially, the AIM-120c doesn't really do anything unless you're within visual range, even then I have to hold my breath. I once had all of the initial fighters dead and then more scrambled and I caught a r-60 up my butt.

Sigh.