USN Su-33 Camo

EricJ

Working on a USN "low-vis" scheme. Current plans is for the VF-213 to be used, but just getting the base camo down:

air1.jpg

air2.jpg

air3.jpg

Currently it's 1024 x 1024

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Thanks guys. My plan is to do a CAG bird, then after that also release "templates" for the community, as this is quite an easy texture, so it shouldn't be too much to offer some bases for any possible squad use.

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

air14.jpg

air15.jpg

Working on fading the camo.

Thanks man, though I should have this one out by the end of the week. I'd like to have more time, but RL gets in the way.

Tweaking the engine texture:

air18.jpg

air19.jpg

And the CAG WIP:

air20.jpg

It should be noted that the markings are for an OEF bird, so I found a crapload on airliners.net and fixing to just make another skin with the different markings.

Anyhoo some more touchups:

air21.jpg

air22.jpg

air23.jpg

air24.jpg

1024 x 1024 is what I'm preferring right now. Yeah I would like to have 2048 x 2048 but it's an FPS issue so far that I need to double check. Plus the amount of detail I can still put on 1024 x 1024 is still pretty good. Down the road I'll have to go higher but 1024 x 1024 is a happy medium for me.

I have to double check tomorrow on the US Carrier issue. You can land on one yes, but takeoff never has been too great. Like I said I'll have to see.

Started more on the CAG bird. I'll be able to get the templates out and the regular version out by Sunday.

air28.jpg

This is great!! If only we can use it a s an american plane operating from american carriers!!

Looking your page: http://562.50megs.com/LOMAC/

I noted the mixed loadout and the big number of bombs, can you tell me what bombs are those and how you added 6 under each wing?? Also how can you use the under the engine A-G missiles, and where I can found the low vis missile skin fior the Russian missiles??

Thank's a lot

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

The glass is based off of the F-16s colorscheme, and you have to modify the SU-27-30-FONAR.tga and COCP-STANDART.tga, as well as MIG-29-FONAR.tga, which two are the external canopy textures, while COCP-STANDART should be the inside canopy texture.

I used Lock On Payload Editor to get the MER*6 PB-250s, and so far the low-vis missile skins are the ones I use. It's just annoying to make a really cool low-vis skin, and look! White missiles! Nah it's easy to do.

USN1small.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/LOMAC/skins/USNSu33BL.zip

Replaces "Standard-1" (third skin selection)