Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

For me it works OKeish but I don't use all features, mostly the dynamic mission info and that seems to have 2 bugs or missing features. I need to reset it for other missions sometimes at least and the fact that a longer mission briefing is not put/truncated on more than first page.
Thanks for the app anyway AlaskanGrizzly !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 10:24 PM, gryper said:

Not working in VR for me. I'm spent. Ive been trying to get this to display right for two days now. I'm done. Guess I'll just have to do it the hard way. Thanks anyway.

but is should make no difference. for me it works in VR or non VR just the same. I can't remember if it has dependencies like latest dot.net or C++ distributable but just make sure you have them updated and your setup is correct. like Open Beta or release etc.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

17 minutes ago, Paladin1cd said:

Is this app no longer supported? The download link on the site appears to have expired. 

Yes, unfortunately it is not supported anymore. However it is still very useful to me and I manage all my kneeboards with it, and also use it to place mission-specific kneeboards inside MIZ files. If you want to try it yourself, here is a download link for its last version:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h6VXVPz3681SIEpRmA?e=DODDuL

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

18 hours ago, Paladin1cd said:

Is this app no longer supported? The download link on the site appears to have expired. 

See statement from the developer earlier in this thread: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

31 minutes ago, Walshtimothy said:

can this be used to edit the dcs map in kneeboard?

No that I know of, I use it to easily convert my pdf briefings and notes onto kneeboard images, like this:

JGrZ6l5.jpg

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Unfortunately at startup it generates an error.

Thx

er1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

S.O: Win 64bit

MB: ASUSTek TUF GAMING X570P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8 Core

GPU: nVidia GTX1080Ti 8GB

HD: Sabrent SSD 1TB

RAM: DDR4 32 GB 1600Mhz

Accessories: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Alim: 850 watt Corsair 850TXEU

1 hour ago, calys said:

Unfortunately at startup it generates an error.

what is the full path where you installed the KB? … seems it is too long

9 hours ago, SGT Coyle said:

How many pages can you add to a kneeboard?

How many do you want to add?

I don't think there is a limit; maybe if you are talking about hundreds, or thousands, or more.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

7 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

How many do you want to add?

I don't think there is a limit; maybe if you are talking about hundreds, or thousands, or more.

Added a Chucks guide for F18 and it crapped out, or stopped loading around page 64.  Just trying to get a handle on the limit if one exists.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

I just read in the entire AH-64 Quick Start Manual (361 pages), without issue.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

On 3/11/2022 at 10:57 AM, SGT Coyle said:

So after latest Windows 10 update I'm getting terrible performance in the "Group Modify Screen".  Was not having any issues with app prior.  Ram at 98% with F18 Manual.

So what ever that issue was it seems to have gone away.

On 3/11/2022 at 7:50 AM, Captain Orso said:

I just read in the entire AH-64 Quick Start Manual (361 pages), without issue.

Orso,
What DPI are you using, in options are you using?  I'm at 200 and stuck at 237pages.

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

If you can still use this mod, you are very lucky.  Whenever I try to load it, I get the same error and it dies.  I really miss this mod.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

47 minutes ago, sobe said:

If you can still use this mod, you are very lucky. 

I use it, to manage all my kneeboard files. Works for me with no trouble. It is not a Mod tough, I use it as an external utility software, to convert pdf files into kneeboard files.

47 minutes ago, sobe said:

Whenever I try to load it, I get the same error and it dies.  I really miss this mod.

What is the error you get?

A little to early to celebrate.  I cannot get into Options>kneeboard profiles>modify so I cannot set up an apache profile.

I don't believe it but after I sent the below message I deleted the config file and now this program works.

Here is the error.  The problem seems to be in the line

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\13057\Saved Games\Mods\aircraft'.

which is obviously the wrong location as it leaves out DCS world openbeta.

Here is my kneeboard config file and it has the right location. 

<add key="SavedGamesPath" value="C:\Users\13057\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" />

So for some reason the program is not picking up the correct line in the config file.  Lost as to what to do.

======================================================================================

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <appSettings>
        <add key="DpiSetting" value="150" />
        <add key="DCSpath" value="D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\" />
        <add key="SavedGamesPath" value="C:\Users\13057\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" />
        <add key="PriorVersion" value="False" />
        <add key="PriorComponents" value="False" />
        <add key="AllowUpdate" value="False" />
        <add key="Notifications" value="False" />
        <add key="DCSVersion" value="OpenBeta" />
        <add key="KeepClear" value="False" />
        <add key="Mig21KeepClear" value="False" />
        <add key="Mig21DefaultKneeboard" value="True" />
        <add key="LiteMode" value="False" />
        <add key="UserMods" value="False" />
        <add key="DCSexeVersion" value="2.5.6.61527" />
    </appSettings>
</configuration>

---------------------------
There was an error!
Use Ctrl + C to copy this error and e-mail it to s13solutions@gmail.com :  

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\13057\Saved Games\Mods\aircraft'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()

at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.FindLuaFile(String _pathToSearch, String _fileNameToFind, String _aircraftName, String _optParam)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.GetDeviceInitPath(String _dcsPath, String _dcsSavedGamePath, String _aircraftName)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.SetupKneeboard(String _dcsPath, String _dcsSavedGamesPath, String aircraftname, ProfileModel _selectedProfile)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.UpdateDefaultKneeboards()

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel..ctor()

at KneeboardBuilder.Views.MainView..ctor()
OK   

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

11 hours ago, SGT Coyle said:

So what ever that issue was it seems to have gone away.

Orso,
What DPI are you using, in options are you using?  I'm at 200 and stuck at 237pages.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler