DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Guys please keep this thread for the patch notes, Off topic posts will be removed.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sorry but I do development - Beta is to introduce new stuff have people test and play then fix those bugs before you move on. It is NOT to work on bugs and add new features at the same time you are fixing those bugs! I am glad ED is taking their time to resolve the MAJOR issues with the current OB build. Take your time ED and thank you for all your hard work!

Best to wait for the patch and then take a look, we have been working on other fps issues also.

thanks

I'm more than happy that progress is being made and welcome the patch coming out this Thursday 19th March. ED is heading in the right direction with the major focus on the DCS World and it's core features while existing early access modules also make continued progress to being feature complete.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Will the next patch notes accurately list all the things/areas the ED team fixed and changed? We had many discussions on this over the years and we still find that the patch notes are not covering most of the changes that affect gameplay/use. It was said somewhere that ED would try to be more verbose, yet we see massive changes in 2.5.6 and very little of them were mentioned. It would help us find issues faster, rather than accidentally, which leads to frustration, especially when ed say they need us to feedback on OB yet the feedback loop is cut in two places, receipt of outgoing information and limited to a single word in return of information "REPORTED".

Plus, the amounts of times ED fix things without saying anything is insanely high. It would help the PR machine, surely?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Will the next patch notes accurately list all the things/areas the ED team fixed and changed? We had many discussions on this over the years and we still find that the patch notes are not covering most of the changes that affect gameplay/use. It was said somewhere that ED would try to be more verbose, yet we see massive changes in 2.5.6 and very little of them were mentioned. It would help us find issues faster, rather than accidentally, which leads to frustration, especially when ed say they need us to feedback on OB yet the feedback loop is cut in two places, receipt of outgoing information and limited to a single word in return of information "REPORTED".

Plus, the amounts of times ED fix things without saying anything is insanely high. It would help the PR machine, surely?

No.

DCS is open source??

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

Uhm, no. :huh:

It is not. But content creators do need to know critical changes in order to update their own mods. Remember what happened last time when some core functionalities of MOOSE were broken, preventing the SPAWN methods to work properly, and thus most mission didn't work either.

It would be nice maybe to have two different changelogs. One for "the main public", as it is right now, and a more detailed one for developers that need to update their mods and missions properly.

It is not. But content creators do need to know critical changes in order to update their own mods. Remember what happened last time when some core functionalities of MOOSE were broken, preventing the SPAWN methods to work properly, and thus most mission didn't work either.

It would be nice maybe to have two different changelogs. One for "the main public", as it is right now, and a more detailed one for developers that need to update their mods and missions properly.

Yes, of course. I didn't say anything against that, did I? I just answered the rather strange question by Yoda1975.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Now, that would be a fine move, considering the impending doom. :megalol::megalol::megalol:

Hahahaha, :thumbup:

Quigon,

So it isn't strange,you wanna the coca-cola composition for create your own one?

Share is good in some cases, but Pikey needs all the details, need the composition, this is impossible. Happy to explain things to you

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

Hahahaha, :thumbup:

Quigon,

So it isn't strange,you wanna the coca-cola composition for create your own one?

Share is good in some cases, but Pikey needs all the details, need the composition, this is impossible. Happy to explain things to you

Uhm, no, he doesn't requested any access to the code or details on how its written. All he requested is a complete changelog, so mission designers and such know if and how they need to adjust their missions and such. That's all.

And I gotta agree with him, as it often causes a lot of confusion that ED is omitting changes from the changelog by not mentioning them.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Should definitely be today... just be patient and check official DCS discord.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• ED Team

Hi all,

We are very sorry but we have caught another problem that will prevent an update today of the open beta version of DCS World.

We will be trying again tomorrow Friday 20/03/2020

thank you for your patience.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all,

We are very sorry but we have caught another problem that will prevent an update today of the open beta version of DCS World.

thx for the info....no problem sir - keep on rocking:pilotfly::thumbup:

Hi all,

Thanks,

It could be possible to post the changelog, please?

Instead of this being a thread open for discussion, could this not be made into a read-only announcement thread we can subscribe to where BigNewy (et al) could just keep us updated on the patch status through the coming weeks and months without the noise from (often times) uninitiated comments?

Really appreciate the initiative here!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Is the update still on track for today?

F/A-18C | F-16C | JF-17 | F-14 | FC3 | AV-8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | M-2000C | Mig 15bis | C-101 | F-86 | A-10C | P-51D | Fw 190 A-8 | Christen Eagle II | Bf 109 K-4 |

Ryzen 5 2600 | MSI RTX 2070 Super | ASROCK B450m Pro | 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws 3200 DDR4 | 500GB WD Blue Internal SSD | 1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD | Logitech X56 HOTAS | PSEYE Track IR | Delan Clip | :joystick:

• ED Team
Thanks,

It could be possible to post the changelog, please?

Not yet sorry, we may have to amend it before we patch.

• ED Team
Is the update still on track for today?

Hi welcome to the forum

Hi all,