The Battle Simulator by The Fighter Collection

Raven68

ED's website for The Battle Simulator has appeared to have a major overhaul and a bunch of news and goodies!!!

http://www.thebattlesim.com/new/about/

Here is an overview

The Battle Simulator (TBS) is a networked, multi-purpose combat simulation environment that encompasses tactical and procedural training in a highly realistic environment. The simulation focus of TBS is on fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft that currently include the A-10A, A-10C, F-15C, Su-25, Su-25T, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29, L-39C/ZA, and the Ka-50. Other aircraft are in development such as the F-16, F/A-18, and AH-64. Additional aircraft can be developed based on client needs. TBS also includes the ability to direct land and naval forces and operate as a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) from a first person perspective. All of this is seamlessly integrated in a common network environment.

Clients can operate TBS in both a single-player and a network environment with up to 32 other clients using Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) compliant systems from Dell.

TBS allows the import of multiple theater map environments. The Black Sea region map consists of the western Caucasus and includes much of Georgia. The Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) has the largest contiguous air and ground space available for peacetime military operations in the free world. Other map environments are also in development that include the Strait of Hormuz, Afghanistan, Syria, and Crimea.

Based on client needs, TBS can be configured to meet your procedural and mission rehearsal requirements. This includes the client-import of classified systems performance data, the creation of new map environments, and the creation of new weapon and sensor platforms.

The_Battle_Simulator_Overview-1.jpg

The_Battle_Simulator_Overview-2.jpg

Theater_Environment-1.jpg

Theater_Environment-2.jpg

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

What's the difference between DCS and TBS?

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

What's the difference between DCS and TBS?

TBS is based on the commercial entertainment software product "Digital Combat Simulator World" (DCS World).

ED is involved in a variety of software products and services which include air combat simulation for the DCS World commercial entertainment market. We have over 200,000 active users and over two million product downloads. This provides TBS several distinct benefits:

• Software compatible over a wide array of hardware configurations
  • Robust stability using large missions and number of players over a network
  • Next generation graphics and effects
  • Massive user base that also acts as a test function for TBS
  • Intuitive user interface that requires little instruction

So, in a sense, we are the guineapigs for TBS

fluffy_guineapig.jpg

Fixed.

Well, you know, it's a bit like a puzzle. At first you only have a few pieces that seems completely unrelated but as you progress it starts to make sense and you can see the whole picture.

Edited by Eight Ball

over 200,000 active users and over two million product downloads.

Does that include the core itself? I am assuming it does.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

TBS website?

Guys, take a look on this:

http://www.thebattlesim.com/new/aircraft_weapon_and_sensor_simulation/

http://www.thebattlesim.com/new/theater_environment/

http://www.thebattlesim.com/new/aircraft_weapon_and_sensor_simulation/

Carrier DLC?

Flight_Dynamics-1.jpg

Vehicles_and_Weapon_Systems-14.jpg

Vehicles_and_Weapon_Systems-17.jpg

Strait of Hormuz?

Theater_Environment-1.jpg

Theater_Modeling-4.jpg

Theater_Modeling-10.jpg

Mission_Editor-2.jpg

Aircraft_Weapons-6.jpg

Also

Sensors, Electronic Warfare and Countermeasure Systems

A variety of sensors are modeled in the TBS engine. These include:

Air-to-Air Radar including APG-63, APG-68, APG-73, Slot Back I and Slot Back II.

Air-to-Ground radar including RB (real beam) mapping, SAR and Expanded, GMT, GMTI, and SEA modes.

Surface-to-Air radar including EWR and air defense acquisition and tracking for a wide range of both AAA and SAM threats

Surface-to-Surface radar for naval radar

Infrared Detection Systems for both IRST, TASM seekers, FLIR systems

Electro-Optical Sensors for both targeting pods (Litening II) and TASM seekers

Threat Warning Receivers including ALR-56, ALR-67, ALR-69 and SPO-15

Early Warning Radar Systems for both GCI stations and AWACS (E-3, E-2 and A-50U)

Flight_Dynamics-2.jpg

Discuss...

Edited by Darkbrotherhood7

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does that include the core itself? I am assuming it does.

So only ten percent of those that download, keep using it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

So only ten percent of those that download, keep using it.

Could it be that those numbers assume multiple product downloads per client?

For example, you have one user with XX module downloads (FC3, A-10C, NTTR, etc). That could explain the difference in numbers.

First F-18 cockpit shot is from old DCS World version. Check the shore.

And 2nd post is F-15 cockpit, right?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

The confess for F-16 its all I can remember! :)

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

The confess for F-16 its all I can remember! :)

Same!

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FYI, just because something is being developed for professional/military use in TBS by ED, doesn't mean we get it for DCS World.

Throwing a random existing example out: laser guided Mavericks exist in the military version of the A-10C module, but are explicitly unobtainable in the consumer version.

That's just a weapon as part of a module, but no reason why it couldn't extend up to full modules or terrain itself.

ED might well make an F-16 or AH-64, but they might not be allowed/want to make a consumer version available. They've already done that with the Predator UAV module for TBS.

Just saying this so people don't get their hopes up.

Edited by Buzzles
Extra "to"

They've already done that with the Predator UAV module for TBS.

Yup, and the Spectre as well.

I suppose however that they didn't see enough market potential for those modules (or there were other key issues that prohibited game market release). I doubt they'd make an F-16 and not try *very* hard to make that accessible to the civil market as well.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Guys, take a look on this:

Carrier DLC?

Carrier DLC was already confirmed to be coming to DCS:W

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2659915&postcount=13

As for the Cockpit shot, it's likely an early WIP/Test Shot, as the animations for lights are all ON, etc, meaning it does not have systems and animations set.

More over, please dont expect items from TBS as garaunteed to be brought over to DCS:W

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team

Hey guys, I am re-opening this thread.

I will state that I was off today, and some of you are probably lucky I was, there were a number of posts that I would have handed out warning points for. This site is a small peek into the other side of ED's business life. Both sides are mutually beneficial, even if we dont always see or know about those benefits.

This thread isnt about the discussion of ED sales numbers, who ED's favorite kid is, or any other topics but what we see on that page. I wont close this thread again, but I will hand out warnings and related bans if you guys cant operate within the rules.

Please play nice.

TBS site was recently updated, there are lots of cool things there that might one day see light of day in our world, nobody knows or is going to say what those might be, because its just not known right now, but anything being made is one step closer to being with us, so use this info responsibly, dont get your hopes up, but dont lose hope either.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

the academy edition of p3d and professional edition of p3d is nearly the same.

based on this and i think tbs and dcsw won't has such big difference, maybe 95%+ are the same.

well, tbs seems have f-16, ah-64 and uav for military user?

however i'm not fan of these, i hope ed could do something for soviet aircraft(high fidelity),

it has a-10, f-18, f-16, ah-64 already, and f-14, ah-1 in the future,

but only have mig-21 and mi-8 for now...

maybe it's another problem about classify or something untold, who knows.

the battle simulator ===> nato military simulator

LOL

the academy edition of p3d and professional edition of p3d is nearly the same.

based on this and i think tbs and dcsw won't has such big difference, maybe 95%+ are the same.

well, tbs seems have f-16, ah-64 and uav for military user?

however i'm not fan of these, i hope ed could do something for soviet aircraft(high fidelity),

it has a-10, f-18, f-16, ah-64 already, and f-14, ah-1 in the future,

but only have mig-21 and mi-8 for now...

maybe it's another problem about classify or something untold, who knows.

the battle simulator ===> nato military simulator

LOL

Well, trying to stay withing regulation here, but that market is not a bad market to be in right now, and with the tight regulations on many current Russian jets, older ones might come easier to make, it is definitely easier to do more modern American Jets than it is Russian ones. But it is The Battle Simulator cuz that can always have multiple customers and be sold to many people. It's a market and I like the prospect of being able to see what ED could be working on behind doors.

Carrier DLC was already confirmed to be coming to DCS:W

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2659915&postcount=13

I know that, buddy!:) I meant like "new pics about the carrier DLC?!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys, I am re-opening this thread.

I will state that I was off today, and some of you are probably lucky I was, there were a number of posts that I would have handed out warning points for. This site is a small peek into the other side of ED's business life. Both sides are mutually beneficial, even if we dont always see or know about those benefits.

This thread isnt about the discussion of ED sales numbers, who ED's favorite kid is, or any other topics but what we see on that page. I wont close this thread again, but I will hand out warnings and related bans if you guys cant operate within the rules.

Please play nice.

TBS site was recently updated, there are lots of cool things there that might one day see light of day in our world, nobody knows or is going to say what those might be, because its just not known right now, but anything being made is one step closer to being with us, so use this info responsibly, dont get your hopes up, but dont lose hope either.

Thanks, SiTh!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]