Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

Cyph3r

I love the grips on this throttle - so many buttons - but I am also getting ready for VR flight, and I think most of the buttons, switches and dials will not get used by me.

All I really need is the controls on the grip, a flaps lever, and a gear button. (stuff I can reach "blindfolded" easily)

Do you think there is any chance of having a VR throttle in the future? :thumbup:

e.g.

attachment.php?attachmentid=181091&stc=1&d=1521255741

vrThrottle.png.5942bf96e79e91699ba8188f979a732d.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the grips on this throttle - so many buttons - but I am also getting ready for VR flight, and I think most of the buttons, switches and dials will not get used by me.

All I really need is the controls on the grip, a flaps lever, and a gear button. (stuff I can reach "blindfolded" easily)

I don't know, I have been flying in VR for over a year now, and I make very good use of the buttons/switches on both my throttle and stick.

Anything to keep me having to find and press a keyboard key.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I don't know, I have been flying in VR for over a year now, and I make very good use of the buttons/switches on both my throttle and stick.

Anything to keep me having to find and press a keyboard key.

Do you find that you can find the base/non-grip switches easily enough when you can't see them?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Do you find that you can find the base/non-grip switches easily enough when you can't see them?

Yeah for the most part, but really I had been doing that for a number of years, not just since getting VR.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 4 weeks later...

Any news about the release date ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Any news about the release date ?
May 20th..more info in the other thread with pre orders available on the Belarus store as well as the EU store starting April 16.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

► VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle - Pre-Production Reveal!

The VPC Team are very excited to reveal the pre-production samples of the long awaited VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle!

MT50Throttle_PreReveal_01.jpg

MT50Throttle_PreReveal_02.jpg

MT50Throttle_PreReveal_03.jpg

MT50Throttle_PreReveal_04.jpg

MT50Throttle_PreReveal_05.jpg

Stay tuned for further news,

VIRPIL Controls Team

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice to see the pictures! Can't wait to preorder this. Only a bit disappointed, that it seems that we can't have different light for the B1 to B8 buttons as I have it for my rusty G940 throttle :music_whistling: Probably some modding will do this in the future as I really like the function of having different button lights and colors for gears and flaps transitions, hook position, parking brake, airbrake and so on.

What is the usd price if you have done the conversion

You can find a currency converter on the virpil website, here for the thottle:

https://virpil.by/en/shop/throttles/vpc-mongoost-50-throttle-vpc

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

$400 USD, for those who don't want to click the link. Likely will be closer to $500 with S&H to the USA.

Cypher, I was wondering if you can help answer the following questions:

1. For the 8 push buttons, are they tactile buttons that have no travel before activating, or do they have some travel before the button activates?

2. Do the 3 rotary encoders have a center push?

3. To confirm, are all the toggle switches latching? What about the T1 switch under the switch cover?

4. How is the friction of the throttle levers adjusted? Does it require that the throttle be turned upside-down?

5. How are the idle and AB detents adjusted? Does it require that the throttle be turned upside-down? Are there different heights that the detents can be at, to give a more distinct or subtle feel, or are they simply engaged/disengaged?

6. Can the detents be adjusted independently of each other? Can you have an idle detent without AB, or AB without idle, or do they have to be adjusted together?

7. Can we get a shot of the front of the throttle pre-production sample, to show the buttons on the front of the throttle levers?

8. Do the two analog dials on the base have a click button at the beginning of its travel, or are they purely dials? Does it have a center push button?

9. Is there an analog stick version planned? If so, is there an ETA?

Edited by Ranma13

Whoa, it looks nice but with that kind of price I will probably have to take a pass.

Don B

Throttle looks awesome but I will wait for the version with a mini stick. Maybe the second version should have more hats and 4 way plus + push switches

Because I mainly fly the A10C I have a warthog throttle and I've gotten so used to it. With this version you can't map everything for that jet. I use the throttle also to map almost everything else I need in other planes too.

The only issue is the Warthog is not as good quality. I've had lots of button issues, disconnects, and ghost presses. Your items look like much nicer quality, hopefully internally too.

Hopefully the next version has more hats and a slew control. I'd love to replace my warthog throttle with this throttle but I just can't map everything yet for the main jet I fly.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Whoa, it looks nice but with that kind of price I will probably have to take a pass.

Quite a surprise, and like you, I may have to pass. If the pre-order discount for T-50 owners is 15%, that would be $60.00 less. Well pre-orders don't start until the 16th, still some time to think about ordering one.

Same, its waaayy out of my budget. With tax and shipping probably double the cost which is very sad for me. Logitech X-56 here I come...

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Way to expensive

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

So, all the people with 1080 Ti's are finding it way out of their budget? ;). I'll admit it was a bit more expensive than i thought it would be, but i'll have to wait for reports on the build quality and performance before deciding. I'm looking to upgrade my throttle this year, and if this one is top quality i can stretch my budget a bit.

I can afford it but I also just got a Samsung Odyssey and need to replace my warthog stick and base. The only reason I'm not getting it yet is because I mainly fly the A10 and I want to see how people map stuff for this module as it does not have the same amount of hats and 4 way + push buttons. Will see how the ministick model turns out.

So, all the people with 1080 Ti's are finding it way out of their budget? ;). I'll admit it was a bit more expensive than i thought it would be, but i'll have to wait for reports on the build quality and performance before deciding. I'm looking to upgrade my throttle this year, and if this one is top quality i can stretch my budget a bit.

It's about 25% more than I was expecting, which is significant. Also, I fly space sims too, so kinda need the analog stick version, which may, or may not, be more expensive (ot mention either way from Virpil).

Yeah, I may have a 1080Ti, doesn't mean I didn't work my butt off for it...

Also, remember, the VKB estimated their TECS to be in the $200 range, now, it's a lot further from production than the VPC unit, but that is a gigantic potential price difference, especially as their sticks are far closer.

Z...

Edited by Barefoot Bandit

Hey guys - please ignore the pricing on the .by webstore, this is a bug on the store db which is getting sorted out as we speak.

The confirmed pricing will be announced shortly!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]