Through The Inferno (Dynamic DCS) - Public US Server

deadlyfishes

Flew on the server last night. A couple of critiques.

1) Have a connection/ping limiter. Several "flyers" were super laggy and warping all over

2) Impose perma bans on teamkillers. Last night, some kid "DynamicFighter" was spamraaming anything in sight and had a terrible connection

3) A-to-A missions prevent any A-to-G mission from being generated. This bottlenecks things as not everyone is an A-to-A guy.

We've enjoyed the server so far and have been trying to keep up with the ground missions. Even rolled into a light A-to-A in the F-5 when the mission completed or scrubbed.

Looking forward to more.

Flew on the server last night. A couple of critiques.

1) Have a connection/ping limiter. Several "flyers" were super laggy and warping all over

2) Impose perma bans on teamkillers. Last night, some kid "DynamicFighter" was spamraaming anything in sight and had a terrible connection

3) A-to-A missions prevent any A-to-G mission from being generated. This bottlenecks things as not everyone is an A-to-A guy.

We've enjoyed the server so far and have been trying to keep up with the ground missions. Even rolled into a light A-to-A in the F-5 when the mission completed or scrubbed.

Looking forward to more.

1) Alright, lower ping limit will be instated, I had it higher for some buddies who are overseas.

2) SLMOD should be taking care of it, but ill take a second look into it to make sure they get banned sooner.

3) Did you not have options for "request secondary tasks" ? Usually this option is available. If not, then the only explaination for it not being there is that literally all the secondary tasking that was called up was all AA missions... which makes no sense. I'll see about putting more limits on task stacking.

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

1) Alright, lower ping limit will be instated, I had it higher for some buddies who are overseas.

2) SLMOD should be taking care of it, but ill take a second look into it to make sure they get banned sooner.

3) Did you not have options for "request secondary tasks" ? Usually this option is available. If not, then the only explaination for it not being there is that literally all the secondary tasking that was called up was all AA missions... which makes no sense. I'll see about putting more limits on task stacking.

Thank you for the work on this.

To answer you, no. No A-to-G taskings were available. All A-to-A

Great server Fishes. I don't mean to add to the list but we were having some trouble with the JTACs this evening. Mostly they didn't respond. I did hear one try to give a 9line once and the other time it gave the ole "thanks but no thanks" no further tasking when there were still some enemies on the map. This was the 1.5 server. Fantastic concept and I will continue to fly on Inferno. -Costco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

about the ping topic:

since this isnt a PvP server i high ping shouldnt be that big of a problem. I would be sad if this would prevent me from flying on the server since its a nice concept and implementation.

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Would you consider to turn the label off ? Personally I don't like flying with label on. This is the thing that prevent me to join the server. Of course this your server and your rules.

Thank you

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Thank you for the work on this.

To answer you, no. No A-to-G taskings were available. All A-to-A

I tried a tasking update with the latest v1.63QT, any letter higher than Q is an update to what you were talking about.

Great server Fishes. I don't mean to add to the list but we were having some trouble with the JTACs this evening. Mostly they didn't respond. I did hear one try to give a 9line once and the other time it gave the ole "thanks but no thanks" no further tasking when there were still some enemies on the map. This was the 1.5 server. Fantastic concept and I will continue to fly on Inferno. -Costco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an issue when you have dynamically spawning JTAC/units, it's buggy and it's something im trying to improve. Other than that you should have some luck if you are one of the first to task A/G missions.

about the ping topic:

since this isnt a PvP server i high ping shouldnt be that big of a problem. I would be sad if this would prevent me from flying on the server since its a nice concept and implementation.

What ping do you usually get? I can see about finding a good number to have people from further away join.

Would you consider to turn the label off ? Personally I don't like flying with label on. This is the thing that prevent me to join the server. Of course this your server and your rules.

Thank you

Labels are optional, since we're trying to appeal to pilots of all skill levels. Fog of war for aircraft applies though.

"Through The Inferno"

What ping do you usually get? I can see about finding a good number to have people from further away join.

i will monitor it but its safe to say it went not over 300

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Things like this are why the server is now pure client, and will get you kicked and banned. His buddy Sky-Sword even came to complain that we wouldn't let them cheat. Also had infinite ammo going too. While he was on, the entire server was suffering massive lag spikes.

3b9a54eefa.jpg

Thank you

Sorry, labels are going to be optional, so that our server appeals to players of various skill levels, and this is a completely PvE experience.

"Through The Inferno"

its very cool that you implemented combined arms. Very nice to be able to drive around in a Tank while getting support from the air. :)

One thing tho, 10 seconds hovering to pick up a create in a chopper is very cruel :)

can you lower it or make it possible to pick the creats up from the ground?

Enemy ground vehicles end up *inside* buildings in the strip after they move to avoid attack. I get the idea that flying in the strip is cool, but it just doesn't work.

Also, there is not enough air-to-air action. The radio menu told me that we had to complete the ground objectives before we could spawn more air combat mission, but see the above.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Enemy ground vehicles end up *inside* buildings in the strip after they move to avoid attack. I get the idea that flying in the strip is cool, but it just doesn't work.

Also, there is not enough air-to-air action. The radio menu told me that we had to complete the ground objectives before we could spawn more air combat mission, but see the above.

You're referring to 2.0 NTTR?

Yeah, I'll look into moving some of those units sometime.

Air to Air, you should be able to start secondary tasks?

I need to re-work a lot of 2.0 tasking mechanics for now. I'll see about moving some of the strip units, and making sure secondary tasking works correctly to get more air to air action in.

"Through The Inferno"

Thanks deadlyfishes.

You're referring to 2.0 NTTR?

Air to Air, you should be able to start secondary tasks?

No, it said we had to complete ground objectives.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

hm the fact that you are allowing labels is a big plus for me. I fly ka-50 most of the time and find it very frustrating on other servers to be able to find ground targets, especially those that are moving and fire back! I'm going to have to check this server out tonight.

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

Tried this server out last night. Quite enjoyed it. I like the implementation of the minimum labels that only shows the little line, not the unit designation. It really helps with SA without giving too much away, but even more than that just flying around and surveying the battlefield, seeing those friendly and enemy tick marks spread around made the whole thing feel more alive. I've added this server to Favorites. Thanks!!

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

Firstly, I'm enjoying this server quite a bit. Yesterday I was blowing about in the Huey trying to support the A-G lads by placing some assets. I dropped a JTAC hmv and noted that it was lazing targets but wondered if it responded to the comms menu JTAC calls. Does anyone know? Also,Is doing this helpful? Do the Mirage jockeys benefit from the lasing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk