Warthog Throttle out of Idle Detent for Start

epolta

Does someone have a lua file that allows me to move the warthog out of idle detent? It's currently frozen unless I use a keyboard command to move it.

I've searched around and don't see anything.

thanks for your help!

I suppose you want to use the OFF/IDLE switch in the TM Warthog throttle?

With the A-10C that works out of the box. But for the other birds e.g. FW-190, F-5E, Viggen, I use a little addition (one line) to the default.lua.

The detail of the added line varies between aircrafts, but it's always the same logic. One little detail to watch is that most aircraft expect the switch to "make" when you go from OFF to IDLE. The switch in the TMWH throttle however "makes" when you go from IDLE to OFF. So the added line in the default.lua needs to reverse the operation which is not a big deal.

I have posted a guidance document for modifying the control binding files in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2862001#post2862001

For the FW-190C, the addition to the .lua file would look like this:

{down = iCommandLeftEngineStop, up = iCommandLeftEngineStart, name = _('Throttle 2-Pos. OFF/IDLE'), category = _('Engine Control')},

and you would insert it into the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" under "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FW-190D9\Input\FW-190D9\joystick".

After editing the .lua file and starting DCS, you have to go into Options / Controls and bind the new command "Throttle 2-Pos. OFF/IDLE" to the throttle switch.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

If you want a general Target profile that lets you assign most of the missing throttle functions as normal buttons, I have uploaded it below.

It will also work for the flaps and boat switch among others.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=158183&d=1488313130

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• 2 months later...
If you want a general Target profile that lets you assign most of the missing throttle functions as normal buttons, I have uploaded it below.

It will also work for the flaps and boat switch among others.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=158183&d=1488313130

I doesnt work for me unfortunately. I dont know how to handle the file in taget. I run it and then the Warthog Throttle disappers and a virtual device appears.

If i start DCS and hop in the FW190, the throttle steers the rudder and the flaps isnt assign. Plz help :=)

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

I suppose you want to use the OFF/IDLE switch in the TM Warthog throttle?

With the A-10C that works out of the box. But for the other birds e.g. FW-190, F-5E, Viggen, I use a little addition (one line) to the default.lua.

The detail of the added line varies between aircrafts, but it's always the same logic. One little detail to watch is that most aircraft expect the switch to "make" when you go from OFF to IDLE. The switch in the TMWH throttle however "makes" when you go from IDLE to OFF. So the added line in the default.lua needs to reverse the operation which is not a big deal.

I have posted a guidance document for modifying the control binding files in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2862001#post2862001

For the FW-190C, the addition to the .lua file would look like this:

{down = iCommandLeftEngineStop, up = iCommandLeftEngineStart, name = _('Throttle 2-Pos. OFF/IDLE'), category = _('Engine Control')},

and you would insert it into the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" under "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FW-190D9\Input\FW-190D9\joystick".

After editing the .lua file and starting DCS, you have to go into Options / Controls and bind the new command "Throttle 2-Pos. OFF/IDLE" to the throttle switch.

where abouts on the .lua file do you paste it

where abouts on the .lua file do you paste it

I put it right after the original lines which for the FW-190 are around line 340.

Technically it doesn't matter where you put it, as long as it's in the block for buttons. It must be above these lines which are around line 440 in the original file:

},
axisCommands = {

The lines below "axisCommands = {" define the "Axis" commands on your throttle and stick.

Note: I recommend you have a look at the document referenced in my original post before you start editing .lua files. And don't forget, these changed files will be overwritten by stock files each time you update or repair DCS. Therefore it's recommended to use a simple tool like OvGME to manage them.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/5/2019 at 2:57 PM, Scoll said:

With TARGET :

MapKeyR(&Throttle, IDLERON, PULSE+R_ALT+HOME); "out IDLE position"

MapKey(&Throttle, IDLERON, PULSE+R_ALT+END); "in IDLE position"

Good morning all,

Being new to DCS, I too encountered some difficulties to properly configure my ThrustMaster Warthog to make the most of my Oculus Quest II and be in total immersion !

And Scoll gives us the best solution here ! Thanks to you 🙏 !

However his answer is succinct and requires some explanation for the most novices among us.

First of all if you are lucky enough to have a Thrustmaster controller I can only advise you to use it through their TARGET configuration software.

Why ? Because it will allow you to have total control over your controllers, and therefore will offer you the possibility of using your IDLE trigger as in real life.

To begin with, configure all the keys of your controllers, or at least all those you intend to use. In my case for example, for the time being, I only have to map the keys present on the HOTAS, since I use my Oculus Touch to perform all the other actions necessary to be as close as possible to the cockpit of my device, the F/A-18C.

So to do this, you carry out a "simple" configuration thanks to TARGET, by creating a profile incorporating your controllers (whether or not they are connected or not, moreover, notice to future buyers pending receipt of their next joystick !).

Once this task is carried out, by following the flight manual and by relying on the DCS command settings menu, you should be able to obtain a configuration close to perfection. But if, like me, the idea of doing a round trip on the IDLE detent exasperates you (you paid for it quite expensive like that, it is not to hear you say that it does not do the job !), you will have need to go a little deeper into TARGET. I reassure you now, it will not be very complicated !

The idea is as follows, integrate the lines of code into the script describing the configuration you have just performed on TARGET.

To do this nothing complex, go to TARGET, edit your configuration going up to the button parameter setting phase, press the "VIEW SCRIPT" button at the bottom left of the central part entitled "2. ASSIGN PARAMETERS".

At this moment the file is opened by the software associated with your operating system (in my case Wordpad, under Win10Pro). There you will find the script version of your "simple" TARGET configuration. Now you will save a copy of this file in a folder created for the occasion in order to find it when editing and using it with TARGET Script Editor. The file will be saved with the addition of a .txt extension, we will remove it afterwards.

To modify the file two solutions, either with Wordpad which must still be open at this moment, or, TARGET Script Editor if you wish (remove the .txt extension to keep only the .tmc in this case to succeed in the to open).

In both cases, you will need to add the following lines :

MapKeyR(&Throttle, IDLERON, PULSE+R_ALT+HOME);

MapKey(&Throttle, IDLERON, PULSE+R_ALT+END);

MapKeyR(&Throttle, IDLELON, PULSE+R_SHIFT+HOME);

MapKey(&Throttle, IDLELON, PULSE+R_SHIFT+END);

If you have mapped the IDLERON and IDLELON keys (29, 30) then you will need to replace them with these. The location does not matter a priori, but if in doubt you can map them and then replace them as stated.

Don't forget to save the duly modified script using the floppy disk button at the top of TARGET Script Editor.

To run the script and generate the Thrustmaster Warthog Combined virtual controller (to which you will need to associate the control axes: rudder, L/R brake, pitch, roll, L/R throttle ...) you just have to compile the script to check that everything is in order and start the script (Play button) ! Check that everything is working in the window at the bottom for order tracking.

And there you go ! Now, with your throttles in the OFF position, when you launch a cold start mission, when you put your turbojets in IDLE, the throttles will go from OFF to IDLE and vice versa !

Thanks Scoll for these few lines of code 😉

"If you want to grow old as a pilot, you've got to know when to push it, and when to back off."

Brigadier General, Charles Elwood Yeager, knows as "Chuck Yeager" 1923-2020. First Human at the speed of sound >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 w/ 7x Silent Wings 3 PWM | BeQuiet! Straight Power 11 850W | MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 4,7GHz | BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | 64Go (2x32) G.Skill Trident-Z Neo DDR4-3600 CL16 | 2To Seagate Firecuda 520 M2 PCIe x4 | 2x 1To WesternDigital HDD Sata6 | MSI GeForce RTX 3080 x3 Ventus 10Go OC (undervolted) | Oculus Quest II 64Go w/ Touch Pad | Dell U2515H 1440p HDMi | MS Win 10 Pro 64B | DCS World 2.7 |  F/A-18C + Spitfire LF Mk. IX | PersianGulf + Channel & WWII Asset + SuperCarrier | ThrustMaster Warthog : Dual Throttle + Magnetic Base + Add-On F/A-18C Stick + TFRP | MonsterTech desk support for TM Throttle & TM Joystick|

You're welcome William !

if you like this kind of "tricks", you maybe like this funny (!?) one :

MapKey(&Throttle, APPAT, EXEC("MapKey(&Throttle, APENG, SEQ(PULSE+L_ALT+'6', PULSE+L_ALT+'9'));"));
    //AutoPilote PATH , Engage/Désengage (Toggle)
MapKey(&Throttle, APAH, EXEC("MapKey(&Throttle, APENG, SEQ(PULSE+L_ALT+'2', PULSE+L_ALT+'9'));"));
    //AutoPilote ALT/HDG , Engage/Désengage (Toggle)
MapKey(&Throttle, APALT, EXEC("MapKey(&Throttle, APENG, SEQ(PULSE+L_ALT+'4', PULSE+L_ALT+'9'));"));
    //AutoPilote ALT , Engage/Désengage (Toggle)

take care to move AP switch in 1 of 3 position (ALT, ALT/HDG, PATH) before toggle ON/OFF with Engage/Disengage Push button

(used for SU27 Auto-Pilot, but if you understand the principle... And yes it is to be used with TARGET Script Editor)

...see you in one year !

Edited by Scoll
add

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]