Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Apologies for not keeping up with this thread as much as I should. Can anyone point me to help regarding adding chucks guides. They can be imported but are rather difficult to read.

Also is there some form of repository for good content. I made my own quick start guides for Mig21 and Mi8 kneeboards but lost them along the way:doh:

Before I get spammed with RTFM I just discovered Grizzleys video tutorial and website. Now they are definitely new since I first looked at this thread;)

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Apologies for not keeping up with this thread as much as I should. Can anyone point me to help regarding adding chucks guides. They can be imported but are rather difficult to read.

If you are having difficulty reading an imported file, you could try raising the import resolution in Options -> Preferences.

You could also make the kneeboard size larger in Options -> Kneeboard Settings.

Also is there some form of repository for good content. I made my own quick start guides for Mig21 and Mi8 kneeboards but lost them along the way.

I don't know of a good place to get quick start guides. Hopefully someone else will.

Before I get spammed with RTFM I just discovered Grizzleys video tutorial and website. Now they are definitely new since I first looked at this thread;)

Sorry the tutorials are still incomplete and WIP. I start making them, but then the program ends up evolving some more and life gets busy.

Thanks Alaskan for your quick attention for the 1.5 overhaul.. I still lose the ability to select Kneeboard Settings after initially making the first setting. I have used your app enough where it is no biggie because I know how I want everything. However for new users who may need to make adjustments they might find this troublesome.

Is this just something with my install or are others having the same issue? Website is nice by the way!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Alaskan for your quick attention for the 1.5 overhaul.. I still lose the ability to select Kneeboard Settings after initially making the first setting. I have used your app enough where it is no biggie because I know how I want everything. However for new users who may need to make adjustments they might find this troublesome.

Is this just something with my install or are others having the same issue? Website is nice by the way!!!

I'll take a further look. That is pretty strange. I have not had any reports about it from anyone else, but that doesn't mean no one else is affected.

AlaskanGrizzly, hi.

I can not install kneeboard application on W10. May you clarify how to fix it?

Edited by zetetic

FA-18 Grip Add-On\Warthog Stik\BRD-F1\TrackIR-5Pro\TrustmasterMFD*3/W10x64/MSIX99A GAMING PRO CARBON\i76800K@3,8GHz\DDR4 32Gb2800MHz\GTX1080Ti\2560*1440*32'

If I try to change options to Open beta then Kneeboard builder will crash.

I have fresh install of KB and Win 10 x64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

zetetic and Iku64,

Right after you try running Kneeboard Builder, could you save your Windows Event Logs and PM them to me or post them?

(Start> right click "my computer"> manage> Event Viewer> Windows Logs>Right click on Application> save all events as> save the logs as Event Files)

Thanks.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Just for the record I run Win10 x64 as well and everything is golden and works just like new. All I can mention is make sure you correctly direct your folder paths in Options/Preferences. Thanks for you quick attention to these matters. Great App!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Alaskan

Im having difficulty getting kneeboarder to place the kneeboard in the beta version. is there a file I can copy over from the non beta version as that one works find. Ive got kneeboarder aiming at my beta directory and the the saved games folder.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Hi Alaskan

Im having difficulty getting kneeboarder to place the kneeboard in the beta version. is there a file I can copy over from the non beta version as that one works find. Ive got kneeboarder aiming at my beta directory and the the saved games folder.

Try deleting the 'config' folder in the Kneeboard Builder folder and then create a new kneeboard profile in 'kneeboard settings'. Please let know if that works for you.

If I try to change options to Open beta then Kneeboard builder will crash.

I have fresh install of KB and Win 10 x64

Iku64,

Thanks for the crash logs. It looks like your User Account Controls (UAC) is blocking Kneeboard Builder from writing to its own configuration file.

Could you try moving the Kneeboard Builder folder to a non-elevated directory (like the Desktop)?

You could also try running Kneeboard Builder as an administrator, but drag and drop and other features may not work correctly.

Let me know if either of those work.

Thanks.

Funny thing is that Kneeboard Builder folder is writeable for everyone.

Kneeboard builder is not under any system folders it's under D:\A-Pelit\DCS\KneeboardBuilder.

I try to run it as admin...

Edit: Run as admin helped..

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Never got the kneeboard builder to work for importing a pdf file. I have net 4.5 or higher.

It does say that it has completed the import, but it only take a second. And does'nt actually do anything.

It sounds like Ghostscript is not working for you. Do you have the files 'gsdll64.dll' and 'Ghostscript.NET.dll' in the Kneeboard Builder base folder? Are you running 64 bit windows?

Funny thing is that Kneeboard Builder folder is writeable for everyone.

Kneeboard builder is not under any system folders it's under D:\A-Pelit\DCS\KneeboardBuilder.

I try to run it as admin...

Edit: Run as admin helped..

I am glad you were able to get it to work. I don't know why it requires admin privileges for some people but not others.

Hello AlaskanGrizzly.

In the 1.5u3, I´ve got a:

"Dicktkey_DescriptionText_1"

in the Mission Briefing and Task Briefing pages.

Other pages work as intended.

No problems in the 1.2.16.

Thanks for your app!

That appears to be due to a bug within DCS 1.5. Hopefully it will be fixed with a DCS update soon.

It is a new way in miz files to enable internationalization in the future. Not sure it will be fixed because it is not a bug I supposed.

The real text is in the i10n/dictionary (not sure the name, not at my desk) file in the miz file, the Dictkey_... is the key to find real text in this file.

Thank you for pointing me down the right path. I got it working again.