MFD cougar pack

Precog

Depends on whether you can mount them in an appropriate place so that they match up to what you see in VR. Personally, I would consider them a waste until an Augmented Reality solution arises.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I use them in both the A10C and the Harrier.

They're useable but not ideal. I usually grab the inside portion to give my fingers some sort of reference position and then fumble around for the buttons.

That said, I think I often hit the wrong button about 35% of the time. It hasn't caused any real problems yet, but if I'm in a hurry I often grab the mouse to click in-game for the sake of accuracy.

I just peek out through the bridge nose/gap and use the buttons. Works well enough for me.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

They are well worth the money, plug and play, they match the A10 and harrier out of the box so no need to assign keys. You can assign all buttons with other aircraft so you rely less on the keyboard. I stick small rubber grommets to the centre button of each row (pick them up from any DIY store to stop cupboard doors slamming)

I can almost get the right button every time now as I have them mounted on my desk about the same distant apart as the A10 after a while you will wonder how you ever managed without them

Edited by johnco61

Seeing as the F/A-18 has three MFDs, is it possible to use a third Cougar MFD, or do they have to be in pairs?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Seeing as the F/A-18 has three MFDs, is it possible to use a third Cougar MFD, or do they have to be in pairs?

Each one connects on its own so I guess three is possible. Target support I'm not so sure about, but I guess you'll use them to control the MFD buttons only anyway so you can just program them in DCS then.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

How do u use them in ve and found the right OCB?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------