DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Home Fries

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but your new scheme for wheel brake start and special afterburner is not working for me. I am only able to get the wheel brake start to work by using the key commands and then S4. The horn button does not seem to do anything. [no animation on the brake lever in the cockpit and no increase in the brake pressure on the gauge] The same for the special after burner working with just the LTB and not shifted. The light in the cockpit comes on for the special afterburner only with the LTB and S3. I think this all may be just a syc issue, but I don't know.

Also, on your checklist for takeoff, some have recommended no flaps and the engine outlets to open using the LALT + I command.

I honestly haven't flown the Su-33 much since the PFM update, so I haven't put much time into it. However, i did test the handbrake with both the Cougar and Warthog. What I did to make the handbrake routine work is to tie the routine into the Eject Check routine (which is why it uses T6/LDGH), and then give it an alternate command if S3 isn't held. This means that you need to have S4 pressed within .5 seconds (or whatever you have for your default TEMPO value) of pressing LDGH, or else LDGH will simply clear the Master Caution indication. With the way I have S4 already dynamically mapped to whatever braking system is configured by the script options, this is the only way I could reasonably add the feature and still allow for standard braking. This is also why I added the LLED1 cue to let you know if the handbrake is active, though you have to wait another .5 seconds to clear any airbrake flashing just so that it doesn't crash TARGET. If you see the LED, you can be confident that the handbrake is on, and then you can run up the special afterburner mode without using S3.

I can add the no flaps and intake guards to the list, but I wasn't writing so much a checklist as just a sequence of things to run up the afterburner with the handbrake on. I will at the very least clarify this point in the manual.

Best,

HF

Home Fries, I dont know how to express my gratitude to your work, except telling my story:

<...>

Thanks so much again, and sorry for the long and full of spelling mistakes (Im from Spain) letter. :smilewink:

Thank you so much for that, Luke. It is for reasons like yours that I make this profile public. And your English is much better than my Spanish (Castilian or otherwise), so no worries. :D

Also (not everything can be positive :-) ) I would like to comment that with the Harrier profile, although I know is a work in progress, I´m having difficulties with TDC movement using the slew control. Maverick attacks are really difficult. With CTS 2.0 the slew control didnt worked at all, but with 2.01, seems to work, but with problems. I dont know if its my fault, as I dint changed your default keys. So maybe someone can share his experience to help me.

When I released the first version of the profile, I had the TDC set for analog axes. It wasn't until later that I realized that the axes are currently only digital, and I had to revise the routine for 2.01. So it wasn't your fault at all.

For the ending a small small name error: in the warthog images of the profiles, you call the COMBAT SWITCH to the BOAT SWITCH, like the Cougar. I almost go crazy trying to find where that switch was, until I noticed the name in the Cougar files.

To clarify, the 3-position thumbswitch on the Warthog is called the Boat Switch, and the comparable switch on the Cougar is the Dogfight switch. Since this script started as a Cougar profile and evolved into a Cougar/Warthog profile later, there are plenty of instances in the documentation where the Dogfight Switch is referenced. I mention early in the documentation that unless specified otherwise, references to the Dogfight Switch will also apply to the Boat Switch for Warthog users. It's much easier than going through all of my documentation and writing Dogfight/Boat every time. :smilewink:

First one:

Huey profile import (TARGET UH1 wh v140.diff.lua and TARGET UH1 kb v140.diff.lua) does not create Cyclic Pitch and Cyclic Roll. Must be added manually. I tried everything.

I'm sure you're right. I use a Sidewinder FFB2 stick for the Huey and Mi-8, and I likely exported that diff.lua without re-inserting the default axes. I'll have that fixed shortly.

Please keep up the comments and reports. I can only fix the bugs if I know they exist! :thumbup:

Best,

HF

Thanks for the 2.01a update!! I only had time to configure and check UH1 and Harrier, but everything work as it should now with those birds. Great!!

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

Sorry for asking this technical question here, but I cant imagine a place with better experts in Warthog devices than this. :joystick:

I load CTS. I find the script I want to fly with, i.e. Harrier, and I build it.

I execute it, and my two Warthog devices, throttle and joystick, turn into one. OK. I run DCS, configure luas, etc, and I do my thing. All perfect.

Now, I want to fly i.e. X-Plane 11.

The problem is that, even if I close the script editor, all games are not detecting the previous two devices and get crazy. I.e., in X-Plane 11, all keys and controls are lost, and its really annoying to have to reboot the computer everytime I want to run a sim different from DCS with TARGET configurations.

So, Is there a way to "unload" or "clean" the TARGET script and leave the system as it was before loading it? I dont know, maybe a DX default profile to turn 1 device into two again?. I hope I explained myself correctly.

Thanks in advance!

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

Hi Luke,

usually when you stop the tm target script running (not the cts) it stops running the script and return the 2 devices into their origin as 2 separated devices. You only have the 2 warthog devices merged as one when the script is running.

Hi Luke,

usually when you stop the tm target script running (not the cts) it stops running the script and return the 2 devices into their origin as 2 separated devices. You only have the 2 warthog devices merged as one when the script is running.

Tnx for the reply. In my system, Windows 10 64bit, once I disable the script, I got a "Driver Error" on both Warthog devices, in the list of "Settings - Bluetooth and other Devices". Maybe I should try to reinstall all drivers from zero. :book:

Luke,

What you describe is an issue with the Thrustmaster drivers and TARGET middleware. Since I don't use Windows 10 on my gaming PC, I don't know the solution. I'm sure that other Win10 users have experienced this and there's a solution or workaround out there.

Home Fries

I am having some issues with the Su-33 profile and in particular, the TMS buttons. First, is there a difference between /U and /UO? Don’t both just command a boat switch up command?

What is the /MD command? Is it boat switch middle and then down or either middle or down?

I cannot seem to get some commands to show up properly in the controls section of the game. For example, /MI left or right does not produce the autothrottle decr or incr and the down /UI and /MD also do not produce the correct commands. One issue might be that I tried too many commands and the logical of the profile got confused. Or perhaps I am doing something wrong. For example, what is the order of button pressing for the /MI left?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Home Fries

I am having some issues with the Su-33 profile and in particular, the TMS buttons. First, is there a difference between /U and /UO? Don’t both just command a boat switch up command?

What is the /MD command? Is it boat switch middle and then down or either middle or down?

I cannot seem to get some commands to show up properly in the controls section of the game. For example, /MI left or right does not produce the autothrottle decr or incr and the down /UI and /MD also do not produce the correct commands. One issue might be that I tried too many commands and the logical of the profile got confused. Or perhaps I am doing something wrong. For example, what is the order of button pressing for the /MI left?

I'm sorry, I thought I got rid of the /UO commands, as it's just implied with /U like you indicated. /UO is for Up/Out (as opposed to /UI for Up/In, which is when S3 is held). That's just old school Thrustmaster terminology dating back to the F-16 FLCS/TQS days (even pre-dating Foxy). You can read /UO as /U, with /UI indicating that DF/Boat must be up and S3 must be held.

/MD is just a short way of saying either middle or down, i.e. /U is the only thing different. This is because /U is the air to air mode, which converts TMS to the CAC selection modes.

I'll look at the profile to see if anything got messed up between DCS updates with regard to the autothrottle. I probably won't be able to get to it until the weekend, though, and still no promises there.

Hi HF,

As always I'm loving your profiles. I was wanting to make a change for the AV-8B, but I don't understand how to do it. I'm wanting the dogfight switch on my Cougar to control the water mode. Right now you have it set to control the external light master switch. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!!!

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Does anyone know how to modify the controls for this?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

pimp,

With the latest version (2.04), I have added some additional switches (H/T Vladinsky). As long as you enable the Master Lua file and enable the corresponding value in CTS, the dogfight switch will map to DX25 and DX26. Then you can remap DX25 and DX26 to the 3 position water switch in the DCS Options menu.

Without this, I use array programming and subroutines to change the state of the external light switch and water switch. Swapping them out can be done, but it's not that simple.

Edited by Home Fries

Home Fries

I just fixed the issue. Update to the latest version (should say 2.041 in CTS). Also be sure to apply the new Diff.lua.

I just fixed the issue. Update to the latest version (should say 2.041 in CTS). Also be sure to apply the new Diff.lua.

Hi Home Fries. The update is not working. I´ve been trying since your post, but no luck. Still v2.04. Can you check it?

Thanks!

pimp,

With the latest version (2.04), I have added some additional switches (H/T Vladinsky). As long as you enable the Master Lua file and enable the corresponding value in CTS, the dogfight switch will map to DX25 and DX26. Then you can remap DX25 and DX26 to the 3 position water switch in the DCS Options menu.

Without this, I use array programming and subroutines to change the state of the external light switch and water switch. Swapping them out can be done, but it's not that simple.

I figured it out. Thank you for your instructions. All we(users) have to do is read. You're telling us how to do it. :doh:

Hi homefries...in some of the profiles i have strange freezes of the input some times...for example with the fc3 su33 profile it happens...that when i move the throttle axis i have the joystick input freezed for a couple of seconds...some times it happens also in Mirage profile...is there something i am doing wrong?

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hi Homefries,

I am testing the AV-88 and i feel the profile is very confusing vs the other aircrafts and I am struggling with some of the function which i believe they are bugged.

- S3 should be assigned to a function that we use while flying. The current issue is that S3 was assigned to "AC undesignate/nws/fov toggle". The issue is that when we want to uncage the maverick, it undesignate and then we loose the target.

- I cannot lock the maverick . the sensor aft seems not to function. Where is the sensor aft ?

- The slew function doesn't work only with the maverick (the fast slew doesn't work either)

- Master arm doesn't recognize which state it is at start

do you have the same issues ? could you let me know how you would employ the maverick with your profile.

Sorry for the questions, but it is the first time i get confused with your profile

Edited by cobragva

Hi Homefries,

I am testing the AV-88 and i feel the profile is very confusing vs the other aircrafts and I am struggling with some of the function which i believe they are bugged.

- S3 should be assigned to a function that we use while flying. The current issue is that S3 was assigned to "AC undesignate/nws/fov toggle". The issue is that when we want to uncage the maverick, it undesignate and then we loose the target.

- I cannot lock the maverick . the sensor aft seems not to function. Where is the sensor aft ?

- The slew function doesn't work only with the maverick (the fast slew doesn't work either)

do you have the same issues ? could you let me know how you would employ the maverick with your profile.

Sorry for the questions, but it is the first time i get confused with your profile

Hi Homefries,

Your AV-88 has an issue: the sensor aft is in red in the keyboard list under DCS. Even if we try to change it, it doesn't work. I believe it is the reason your profile doesn't work for the maverick

best,

Cobra

Hi HomeFries,

I've noticed that when I use the tight turn NWS(hold S3), I can no longer use my Ant Elev knob on my Cougar to turn my wheels again. They are stuck in which ever direction I used the tight turn NWS command. I've tested this in the Harrier and F-15C. Just giving you a heads-up just in case you was not aware of it. Keep up the great work. :thumbup:

Sorry, everybody. Somehow my subscription to this thread dropped, and I've been busy at work and haven't been actively checking the forum.

Hi homefries...in some of the profiles i have strange freezes of the input some times...for example with the fc3 su33 profile it happens...that when i move the throttle axis i have the joystick input freezed for a couple of seconds...some times it happens also in Mirage profile...is there something i am doing wrong?

Thanks

Sometimes this happens when the FAST middleware isn't playing well. You can stop the profile, then stop and start (or restart) the Thrustmaster FAST service using the Services menu in the Control Panel. I have tried to minimize the stress to FAST, but lets just say this component is the weakest link in the Thrustmaster line.

Your AV-88 has an issue: the sensor aft is in red in the keyboard list under DCS. Even if we try to change it, it doesn't work. I believe it is the reason your profile doesn't work for the maverick

Regarding S3, I made it so it works as NWS by default while the logical gear state is down (LLED2 is illuminated), but with gear up it only works to undesignate if tapped quickly. To use the shifted function (like uncaging a maverick), press and hold S3 and it will not undesignate the target. Same with fast slew: make sure you hold S3. If you fast slew without S3 and slow slew with S3, press S3+S1 short to resync the action/noaction toggle. If you can perform your shifted commands and still release S3 in time to execute the NWS, then you may want to reduce your TEMPO - S3/Function Modifier value in the Timing Values - TEMPO menu. Default is 300ms, but I'm quick enough that I had to reduce my value to 250ms.

For master arm, if you are not using the custom master lua, it is a toggle function. There's no way for the controller to know the in-game state, so to resync you need to hold S3 and flip the switch (this works for all other switches on the warthog throttle). This is a standard convention of mine when dealing with toggle switches (and often with discrete states as well).

For the red on the keyboard, the first thing you want to check is your modifiers. Make sure you have JOY_BTN30, 31, and 32 set as modifiers. If you do and you still have red, try re-loading the diff.lua for each controller. I don't have any issues on my end, and I have no problem at all employing the Maverick.

Hi HomeFries,

I've noticed that when I use the tight turn NWS(hold S3), I can no longer use my Ant Elev knob on my Cougar to turn my wheels again. They are stuck in which ever direction I used the tight turn NWS command. I've tested this in the Harrier and F-15C. Just giving you a heads-up just in case you was not aware of it. Keep up the great work. :thumbup:

I assume you have TM/Gameport Rudder Pedals = 2 in your configuration. I haven't changed the code since the F-5/F-15, so I will revisit to see if new features broke old code. Thank you for the heads-up.

Edited by Home Fries

Anyone using viacom pro with this? I"m just curious what the best way to go about setting up the various PTT keys would be.

I haven't tried either Viacom Pro or VoiceAttack, though it looks as if it will be a good replacement for VAC (which is in the profile but deprecated), and probably a more integrated solution.

If anybody would like me to support this, please PM me and be ready to contribute toward a purchase of both items.