Official 'What If' Thread

Russian/Soviet aircraft, also bombers please.

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6

Messerschmitt Bf 109G-14

Focke Wulf Fw 190A-8

Hawker Typhoon Mk.Ib

De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI

North American P-51B/C Mustang

North American B-25C/D Mitchell/Mitchell Mk.II

Piper L-4 Grasshopper

Taylorcraft Auster V

Fieseler Fi 156-C

Pretty much what I would also suggest Fenrir.

1. better alignment of existing air-frames (with respect to their historical cohort) and

2. A twin engine attack aircraft (mossie/ B24/ B25 / Bf110 / Ju88 etc..)

Edited by philstyle

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Yak-3 and La-7, maybe F-4U vs A6M5

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Pretty much what I would also suggest Fenrir.

1. better alignment of existing air-frames (with respect to their historical cohort) and

2. A twin engine attack aircraft (mossie/ B24/ B25 / Bf110 / Ju88 etc..)

That's my thoughts Phil. Except...

HOW THE BLAZES DID I FORGET THE P-38?!?!?!

My fave USAAF fighter of WW2!

Getting old. Either that or too many virtual Gs deteriorating the gray matter.

So I would like to belatedly but heartily add a Lockheed P-38J/L Lightning to that collection.

Ju 88 C-6

It is the C-6 sub-type (V./KG40, later I./ZG1) that was used before and during the Allied invasion, not the A-series (glass nose) nor G-series (night-fighter). The C-6 was also used against B-17s . Still any Ju 88 is better than none.

Bf 109 G-6

The most common German war plane variant ever; used on all fronts. Definitely used at Normandie and a better match to the existing Allied aircraft than the K-4.

Mosquito FB.VI

We also need an Allied twin-engine multi-role aircraft with a variety of payloads (rockets, bombs, gun-pods), and suitable for the Normandie map/era. The FB.VI is preferred, but others are also okay.

Whatever gets added, DCS WWII needs a coherent planeset. This means adding aircraft that suit the map, suit the era and suit the other planes (which means we can fly historically-consistent missions with or against each other).

Although I like multiengine-heavies, I think they are far better as AI. These are big-formation, long-range aircraft, and are neither suited to single-player missions, nor the multiplayer environment. AI... yes!!!! Flyable? There are others that far are better choices.

Ju 88 C-6

It is the C-6 sub-type (V./KG40, later I./ZG1) that was used before and during the Allied invasion, not the A-series (glass nose) nor G-series (night-fighter). The C-6 was also used against B-17s . Still any Ju 88 is better than none.

Bf 109 G-6

The most common German war plane variant ever; used on all fronts. Definitely used at Normandie and a better match to the existing Allied aircraft than the K-4.

Mosquito FB.VI

We also need an Allied twin-engine multi-role aircraft with a variety of payloads (rockets, bombs, gun-pods), and suitable for the Normandie map/era. The FB.VI is preferred, but others are also okay.

Whatever gets added, DCS WWII needs a coherent planeset. This means adding aircraft that suit the map, suit the era and suit the other planes (which means we can fly historically-consistent missions with or against each other).

Although I like multiengine-heavies, I think they are far better as AI. These are big-formation, long-range aircraft, and are neither suited to single-player missions, nor the multiplayer environment. AI... yes!!!! Flyable? There are others that far are better choices.

Endorsed.. by me!

I'm trying to keep a tally of the responses in this thread, here is how it stands at the current point in the thread.

I might have missed a couple, and I've not included general statements like "twin engine please" and "I agree with james".

Anyway, it's starting to paint an interesting picture.

If the picture of the graph is too big to display, source image is here: https://i.imgur.com/aYofO3j.png

aYofO3j.png

One further thought,

Whatever is decided, historical and geographic coherency is critical.

Throwing in a pacific-theatre-only aircraft into the current mix does nothing to help achieve this, IMO. Adding in odd machines from 1941 or earlier would be similarly dis-jointed.

If DCS wants to provide "EUROPE 1944-45" then the aircraft should be from the European Theatre, and operating for as much of 1944 and 45 as possible.

Otherwise ED might as well forget the WW2 map and assets and just make "DCS Warbirds for Airshows".

To be honest, I havnt read the complete Thread, so im sorry if this was already posted.

I would like to see some transport modules in general. Dcs could have some more features in that direction.

C-47 Dakota for example

But we need some work on animations etc before that. Like paratroopers jumping out of the plane, droping supplies or things like that.

kind regards

Bender_39

Ju 88 C-6

Bf 109 G-6

Mosquito FB.VI

These are great choices to maximize playability with what we have and what we know is already coming. A good jump into twin engines in advance of taking on even bigger projects (B-17s, Lancaster????).

Fully support this.

Do a P-38L if you guys have access to a good source of manuals and information.

Things like B-17, 24, C47 and other kinds of bombers and transports don't attract many people. It feeds only the nececity of some part of the sim consumers. Eagle Dynamics should do things that they really have information about it and above all that really going to sell. A P-38 variant will sell like the Mustang and will definitely bring more attention to the WWII branch of DCS World, but you guys also neeed to solve the DM thing... Yes, I know, it's WIP.

Edited by GriffonBR

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Do a P-38L if you guys have access to a good source of manuals and information.

Things like B-17, 24, C47 and other kinds of bombers and transports don't attract many people. It feeds only the nececity of some part of the sim consumers. Eagle Dynamics should do things that they really have information about it and above all that really going to sell. A P-38 variant will sell like the Mustang and will definitely bring more attention to the WWII branch of DCS World, but you guys also neeed to solve the DM thing... Yes, I know, it's WIP.

+1

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Would be nice to see a more historical planeset.

But if you ask for new planes... DCS need some flyable bombers. So bomber guys can join the party too.

Totally agree.

Edited by Barone

• ED Team

I am happy to see everyones wishes for the future, but it is probably more realistic to think they will stay around the same time period. I mean I would love some BoB fighters, but then that would require a lot of what we dont have right now.

One further thought,

Whatever is decided, historical and geographic coherency is critical.

Throwing in a pacific-theatre-only aircraft into the current mix does nothing to help achieve this, IMO. Adding in odd machines from 1941 or earlier would be similarly dis-jointed.

If DCS wants to provide "EUROPE 1944-45" then the aircraft should be from the European Theatre, and operating for as much of 1944 and 45 as possible.

Otherwise ED might as well forget the WW2 map and assets and just make "DCS Warbirds for Airshows".

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

C-47 would be a good module for transport, airborne, and civilian ops. Currently only helicopters cover the playable transport role in DCS.

I'd also like anything naval, and these served in both the European and Pacific theaters:

• F6F Hellcat
  • F4F Wildcat
  • SBD Dauntless

(The F4U Corsair is already covered by M3 but you can count that too)

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]