vergeev campaign

Its being updated by one of its authors, just give it a little more time:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114267&page=6

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Had the same issue, a little fix around this is to load up the first mission in the mission editor and change the Ka50 start position to take off on runway, this fixes the ka 50 and plane stuck together. If the mission wont load in the mission editor change the name of it. Vergeev_001 change it to Vergeev_0001 and then delete Vergeev_001 and rename 0001 to 001 that's how I have been able to play through the campaign on 2.5

• 1 month later...
I'm running Vergeev Group, english version, under BS 1.0.1. (Yeah. It's old but works). Can anyone tell me how to edit these files?

There used to be a trick to place all units at the exact same spot in the ME (or some such) while keeping missions fully playable. Some mission designers used that as a kind of copy protection to prevent others from changing and then redistributing their missions. Could that be it?

If that's not the case, just use the ME, exactly like Leroni did to create these missions. Just be aware that many tutorials on the ME will show features that have been added post 1.0.1 and that may not apply to such an old version.

There used to be a trick to place all units at the exact same spot in the ME (or some such) while keeping missions fully playable. Some mission designers used that as a kind of copy protection to prevent others from changing and then redistributing their missions. Could that be it?

If that's not the case, just use the ME, exactly like Leroni did to create these missions. Just be aware that many tutorials on the ME will show features that have been added post 1.0.1 and that may not apply to such an old version.

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried several things mentioned on the forum to edit these files, including changing file names, but with no result. Whenever a Vergeev mission is loaded into the mission editor only the map appears centered over the Adler airbase. Nothing else. I cannot unhide anything. If I change a property of any object the map is zoomed out all the way and still no objects appear on it.

I don't know what you mean by "just use the ME, ""exactly like Leroni did"" to create these missions". How did he use it?

Edited by dsobbe

this full campaign is being looked at to be updated, check out the mission thread
He isn't looking for an update, rather a "downdate". He is on BS 1.0.1!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Whenever a Vergeev mission is loaded into the mission editor only the map appears centered over the Adler airbase. Nothing else. I cannot unhide anything. If I change a property of any object the map is zoomed out all the way and still no objects appear on it.

That sounds a lot like the kind of "edit protection" I was referring to. I only witnessed it once in a mission that was shared by a community member and wondered what I was doing wrong, until he explained that it was "protected". I just don't remember the exact way it worked.

I don't know what you mean by "just use the ME, ""exactly like Leroni did"" to create these missions". How did he use it?

Uh...?

My guess is, Leroni used the mission editor to create and edit all the missions of the campaign. Like I said, if the missions are not protected, just use the ME (= Mission Editor) like you would to edit any other mission. If they are protected, that won't work. And I don't know if there was ever a way to undo this type of mission protection, I just think it was no longer possible to apply this past a certain DCS version, maybe 1.2 or 1.5, I don't remember.

Simply put, if the missions are protected, you're out of luck. ;)

My guess is, Leroni used the mission editor to create and edit all the missions of the campaign. Like I said, if the missions are not protected, just use the ME (= Mission Editor) like you would to edit any other mission. If they are protected, that won't work. And I don't know if there was ever a way to undo this type of mission protection, I just think it was no longer possible to apply this past a certain DCS version, maybe 1.2 or 1.5, I don't remember.

Simply put, if the missions are protected, you're out of luck. ;)

Thanks for the explanation. It appears that my copies are protected.

That's OK. They are great just the way they are. :)