SHIPS

Prowler111

SHIPS  

317 members have voted

1. 1. SHIPS

• Yes
    • No

I was on the lusty 2005 til 2007

Still looking good, Think of it as Lego bricks, build the ramp as a entity of its own and then attach/collapse it to the flight deck.

Got any good reference photos??

That's the plan Stan.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got any good reference photos??

That's the plan Stan.

The best bet for you on that one is to speak to JKAGary over at Flyingstations (you are a member there). he built the ones for FSX, I did the flight deck textures for him.

Thanks . Will do sometime this week.

Only doing bits and pieces on it when I get mad at Clyde.

See the link in my Sig to my modelling thread.

on ma mobile

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

• 4 weeks later...

yeah same question here:

I really fear the splitting of the community, specialy if you are playing with a Wing and some of your friends didn't buy this pack. Would it simply possible to put this in the harrier package and if needed increase the cost of the harrier license, but still have the ships availlable for everyone for multiplayer missions ?

Or simply replace the model with standard ships if you didn't purchase it ?

what are the options here ?

Edited by Neon67
  • Like 1

I know everyone has different financial backgrounds here, but if you're willing to spend like £40 on a module I don't see why you wouldn't spend an extra £6 to get an amazing associated carrier to go with it. I agree put them both together for one price and don't have separate offers.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

we are also the customer, we can tell if ye like this idea and buy it or not. The goal of a company is to please the customers, sell the maximum amount of their products, and adapt to the wishes of the customers, that is the way it works.

Otherwise the customers will simply go to an alternate producer

Edited by Neon67

I totally agree with the following principle: increasing the price for the harrier when it will be available, but releasing ship models for EVERYONE. And even if not all DCS community people will buy the harrier, Razbam will make a lot of monney anyway. So yes, increasing the harrier price instead of selling the ships in a separate "module" is OK for me

In my opinion, it's really simple. Remove the collision models for all carriers and ships you don't own. Everyone can join the server. Everyone can see the carriers, as well as shoot at them. They just can't land on them. Win-win?

The asset packs however are a completely different issue. I'm 100% in favor of them being a part of the map and bumping the price up 10 bucks. The asset packs really have the potential to split the community if they keep being sold separately. Just imagine having a mission with SA-2's, SA-4's and SA-5's, all from different asset packs. That'd be a nightmare.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

they probably wouldn't want us to discuss theese things here, but it would also be very much possible, that razbams contract with ED involves the ships being developed for dcs. So that they can get added for free, but razbam still gets financial compensation.

I think we shouldn't immediately assume payware, if we see high quality WIP shots. For razbam it would surely be a bold move to just develop all these high quality models without being able to sell them. But DCS as a platform needs some more high quality naval assets to evolve and i think it would be reasonable to expect those for free.

I would agree that a carrier with complex systems is a different beast and could easily justify a paywall, if there was also a free version to not split the community.

From my understanding the "paid exclusivity" of WWII asset pack is an exception from the general concept of dcs dlc, because it derived from a seperate product and could also be called "dcs: WWII".

Edited by twistking

It'll turn into DLC: World if we are not carefull.

on ma mobile

Isn't it kinda that already? Without DLC you get the Caucasus map, Su-25T and TF-51D

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Isn't it kinda that already? Without DLC you get Caucuses, Su-25T and TF-51D

But you can play in your su-25T with friends flying other modules, compatibility is the issue here, specially for those who are part of a squadron

Basicly we are not against doing it as a real extra dlc, as long as it's compatible for those who don't have bought the ships. An example would be to replace those new models with existing one, or blocking any interaction (takeoff landing atc)

Edited by Neon67

But you can play in your su-25T with friends flying other modules, compatibility is the issue here, specially for those who are part of a squadron

Basicly we are not against doing it as a real extra dlc, as long as it's compatible for those who don't have bought the ships. An example would be to replace those new models with existing one, or blocking any interaction (takeoff landing atc)

Oh I see now :doh:

But yeah, personally I think the best option would be to have a basic ship, maybe with downgraded graphics and limited features (like weapons only, similar to the ships we have currently).

And if a ship were to be made payware I'd expect it to have a lot more features than current ships, though this is probably up to ED to do not RAZBAM.

I'm talking about being able to actually conduct amphibious operations (deploying landing craft, simulated well-deck) as well having functioning aircraft lifts and implemented hangars etc.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Ditto for Panzer. I've been following along recently and never really thought of the ramifications of the DLC and the WWII asset pack deal until this thread. It does seem like it doesn't jive with how it has been in DCS, pay for a plane or not you can still see it, still shoot at it, collide with it, etc....I don't understand why they wouldn't just leave it like that in the interest of keeping folks together.

I've been playing IL2 1946 since 2003 and have seen every version of the game, modded and official, from almost the beginning. Over the years the different modsets available have fractured the community. I realize the biggest part of the loss of members is better games like DCS and the BO series of the new IL2's, but once people had to choose between the UP mods or the HSFX series of mods it began to split. You have people who only fly stock, you have people who only fly this series or that, etc....and now you get maybe 70 people across a dozen servers on a weekend where once you had well over 400 between the two main game versions. Here's the thing: that was all freeware.

I really do hope they make this available in the same fashion planes have been for us. It absolutely keeps us together. Maybe just make it so that you have to buy it to move it instead of using CA, or do that and also make it so it can deploy LCAC's and do assaults if you buy it, something fun or extra, but leave it so folks can land on it, use the cats, crash into it or kill it!! I'm retired, I can afford all of the extra stuff, but some people scrape money together for months to buy a $60 module. Someone like that will buy a Tomcat or Hornet and not be able to enjoy it properly.

That's my $.02!!

~Rob

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So Razbam, could you please give us a clarification for this ?

Is the price higher than usual because of the secondary assets?

Will it be compatible for people who did not purchased the harrier ?

Yeah, I'd like to know as well. It's something I want to know before purchasing.

Will I be able to fly the Harrier from the LHA in a mission where other players don't own the module?

//Jarl

Yeah, I'd like to know as well. It's something I want to know before purchasing.

Will I be able to fly the Harrier from the LHA in a mission where other players don't own the module?

//Jarl

Wouldn't that question be best suited to ED rather than Razbam.

I thought they set the price and module availability.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

It appears from this post by Wags, that the Tarawa will be included.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3286297&postcount=6

The price without the harrrier. The stand alone price.

on ma mobile

• 3 weeks later...