F/A-18 in a squadron TOP GUN

Is the F/A-18 used in TOP GUN yet, I assume it must be.

I'll try to find you some pics.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Try this site:

http://www.airliners.net

Do a photo search on the F/A-18 and you will have so many you will have to make a subfolder for them, I know I did :)

Also Flanker, the Squadron is VFC-12 "Fighting Omars" and they'd be NSAWC birds as well :thumbup:

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

ya, i should have sugested that. They could possibly have the best airplane pics on the internet. (of all planes)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

any specific reason why you are posting F-14 paintjobs although he wants F/A-18 Hornet Schemes?

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

"Imagine the reason that people hold on to

hatred so stubbornly is because if the hate

is removed, the pain will set in. Do not follow where

the path may lead. Go instead where there is

no path and leave a trail."

I guess that's because you dont see any F/A-18's but F-14's in the movie... with Topgun you mean the movie. right?

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

why do all these jets have crazy paint jobs

Except the VX-9 Black Tomcat, these Tomcats (and also several dozens of F/A-18s, F-5s, A-4s and F-16s) have adopted these different paintjobs as their primary role is to represent adversary or enemy aircraft in an Air Combat Maneuvering Environment. Their Job: Train allied Fighterpilots, fly using adversary tactics. The Paintjobs are basically there to emphasize their role as in..well...Its gonna make it easier to believe that they are the real enemy. Some Paintjobs are definately leaned on the current and late russian paintjobs of the MiGs and SUs.

This is just what i think this stuff is about...

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

"Imagine the reason that people hold on to

hatred so stubbornly is because if the hate

is removed, the pain will set in. Do not follow where

the path may lead. Go instead where there is

no path and leave a trail."