Slew AGM-65F

Latest update:

Can't get MAV to slew.

Could someone explain the sequence please. Which button to hold while slewing?

Thanks

Look in your control settings and whatever you have assigned to "TDC depress"...I believe the default keyboard assignment is ENTER and of course you can assign any HOTAS button to that as well, however; I am having a difficult time trying to figure out how to configure my HOTAS for this. I have an X-55 and use the mouse nipple for slew and the "E" button above is for TDC depress. Unfortunately, I cannot use my thumb to slew the TDC and hit the other button to depress it at the same time. All of my other HOTAS buttons are in use so I have yet to figure out a solution. To complicate things, with my thumb on the mouse nipple to slew the TDC, I am limited to how far my other fingers can reach.

A solution to this is getting the Thrustmaster Warthog which I believe has a button depress on it's mouse nipple as well but that is an expensive fix.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the current slewing controls, even if realistic, are extremely cumbersome. hopefully ED will have the good sense to give us a "legacy" option that works like all the other modules and doesn't require TDC to be held down

I'd agree. Whilst this ought to work OK with the setup I have currently (I haven't as yet tried it but in theory I should be OK), it does seem a bit mean to force a multi-press on everyone when they might not have the controller hardware to easily support it.

If you don't want the expense of a Warthog throttle, the TWCS throttle layout is very similar to the F-18, and has a press button on the slew control. I've owned 1 for 9 months but with my 'Wreck-it Ralph' fingers I find it difficult to slew accurately while pressed in. Consequently I have the designate control duplicated to a button on my Virpil Mongoos stick.

I plan to get a Virpil throttle next year which has a thumb operated 5-way hat, something I'm far more comfortable with having been a Cougar owner for 15 years.

PC Spec: Asus B250M Prime, I7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 32GB DDR 2400, ASUS ROG-STRIX 1070Ti 8GB, 500GB WD Blue M2 SSD, Crucial MX300 256GB SSD, WD 1TB SSHDD, 43" LG 4K TV, Oculus Rift-S, Nubwo 7.1 Headset

Flight Gear: Virpil WarBRD & T50-CM2 grip, Virpil T50CM Throttle, TM TFRP pedals, 3x TM Cougar MFD, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Delanclip, Trackhat PS3 camera & Opentrack, Oculus Rift-S

I'm not having any problems with them.. getting a lock at 7.5nm and I can rifle all 4 of them in that time on to a tank/Inf platoon... so much destruction.. it's almost not fair.... Almost :music_whistling:

Screen_181206_150449.thumb.png.e0727a98ade63eeafed10e47f945cd11.png

Acer Predator 500 Laptop i7 8750 @ 3.9MHz /16GB DD4 / GTX1070 / 256 SSD

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FtEcJlj_34i3IVqx6pE_w?view_as=subscriber

I’m glad you’re doing great. I think the Mavs are a WIP at best and unplayable at worst. I’m going to try the keyboard commands for slewing as my TDC joystick is uncontrollable. Rarely getting a lock even when right over the target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDC depress for maverick usage

Since the new update you need to hold down the TDC to slew the mav. It may be realistic but it is in no way user friendly (same with the current radar elevation axis).

Please either give us an option to remove the need to hold down the TDC or give us some sort of TDC toggle.

None of the existing Sticks/Throttles can give you good results with 1 button (slewing while holding it down). Right now i have to use 2 buttons for 1 simple action.

Not a usefull implementation

Please change.

Agreed, additional options are very much needed to make it more user friendly and functional. I am all for realism and applaud ED for their implementation of the AGM-65, however; this is a simulation and we are limited in function by the various HOTAS currently in use.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I agree with this. Although I understand the reason for doing this, it hamstrings people who aren't running Cougars or Warthogs, and makes even Warthog slewing that much more difficult.

I would like to see a check box in the Misc options menu to disable pressing TDC as a requirement, kind of like what we have for the finger lift mappings.

Love ED and I am sure they are trying their best.

In the interim i have TDC Depress set to Warthog Slew, then assign TDC controls to a hat.

Not ideal, but surprisingly easy to work and precise.

Either way, how much fun is this game. Spent last night humming in at low level, pop up Mk83 to blow up a bridge, then spin around and blast a few Tanks with IR MAVS, then thunder roll down the vegas strip at 1.3

Awesome

I'm always for more realism and would never vote for less realism, but I have to admit, that it's pretty tedious the way it is now.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I’m glad you’re doing great. I think the Mavs are a WIP at best and unplayable at worst. I’m going to try the keyboard commands for slewing as my TDC joystick is uncontrollable. Rarely getting a lock even when right over the target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was doing fine before TDC press became mandatory, now the cursor jumps all over the place, the sensitivity is too strong and I can barely lock onto any target either in white hot or black hot. Wish they'd put it back to the way it was.

Having to depress the TDC button on my TM WH throttle is a no-go. Impossible to control the crosshair position while that button is depressed, apart from the impossible haptics. I had to re-assign a button on my joystick to that function.

It's still very awkward to move the crosshair around but at least it's feasible after I reduced the Y-Saturation for both axes to 10%. ED cannot improve the precision of my TM WH slew controller, but at least they can make it to work as well (that doesn't mean really good!) as with the A-10C. I sure hope they will come up with something. And if they could make this work without depressing a button, that would be even better.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Mav slew TDC on axis with TM Warthog throttle mini stick

hi,

i have the following problem with slewing of the TDC cursor @TM Warthog throttle analog axis ( the mini stick ) ...

while this horizontal and vertical axis works fine in the AA radar ( up and down / left and right),

these axis are working on MAV screen in diagonal directions ...

this is a little bit confusing my finger coordinations :joystick:

please have a look :thumbup:

Edited by caponi

too much ...