F-14A and MIM-23 HAWK

otester

I like to set up singleplayer scenarios sometimes.

I know Iran developed an air launched MIM-23 HAWK missile for their F-14A's, would it be possible to attach a HAWK missile to a hardpoint, I am aware you can attach any AAM to any plane so I don't see much difference for SAM?

(If no-one knows can you point me in the direction of a tutorial on doing hardpoints and i'll play around with it).

Thanks,

otester

No, I do not; but consider that the proof is in the pudding. They put a HAWK missile on an F-14, made some noise about it, but there's been nothing said about it since ... and somehow, Iranian F-14's haven't been lugging it around either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Search for a program called LOPE -- it will allow you to change loadouts. I don't think you can put a SAM missle on a jet however.

Also, don't play online with modded loadouts -- people will be upset with you.

Regards,

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

Iran never launched a MiM-23 from an airborne Tomcat, what you may saw in the pictures was a dummy missile.

AIM-54 Phoenix was bulit exclusively for Tomcat as it's longest stick so there's no point in having a MiM-23 that has a lesser range, is heavier and creates a lot more drag hanging from your wings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Search for a program called LOPE -- it will allow you to change loadouts. I don't think you can put a SAM missle on a jet however.

Also, don't play online with modded loadouts -- people will be upset with you.

Regards,

Got a link? I have searched and all I can find is broken links :(

Iran never launched a MiM-23 from an airborne Tomcat, what you may saw in the pictures was a dummy missile.

AIM-54 Phoenix was bulit exclusively for Tomcat as it's longest stick so there's no point in having a MiM-23 that has a lesser range, is heavier and creates a lot more drag hanging from your wings.

MIM-23 is very accurate with a Pk of 0.85 and longer burn time so I can see why they tried it.

There was a video of flight and launch, I however cannot locate it.

• 10 years later...

Oh yes. They did. I know the pilot who shut the first Hawk and was involved in the program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk