KH-25MPU in single mission "command post strike"

WelshZeCorgi

:doh:I'm having trouble using the KH-25MPU in the single mission "command post strike" Where youre trying to take out a pair of bunkers at an airfield.

I'm having 2 specific troubles with the mission.

1. it takes 2 KAB-500kr bombs to take out 1 of these bunkers and I can only carry 2. Which means I need my wingman to take out the other bunker to complete the mission.

How do I get my wingman to coordinate with me, (so that I take out the left bunker while he takes out the right bunker at around the same time.)

I've given orders, such as attack my target, then switching to the other bunker. And I've tried to use the "attack objective and return to formation/return home." And everytime my wingman just loiters around the airfield and get shot down by the AA there.

Which brings me to 2.

2. My KH-25MPUs are completely useless in this mission, because after all the radar targets are destroyed, what's left are BUKs which don't turn on their radar until I'm very close, way below min range for the KH-25MPUs. I've tried using the TV to fire at them optically, with the laser, but since it didn't work I'm assuming that is not what the KU-25MPUs are capable of.

So what do I do with KH-25MPUs in that situation? Nothing?:joystick:

Thanks for your help!

I've just been playing this mission myself with similar problems. I haven't been back to it but I was planning on changing my loadout to carry more bombs while tasking my wingman to take out the air defences.

It is my feeling that a lot of DCS missions require alternate strategies to beat them so never be afraid to play about with arming, waypoints etc.

The MPUs are Sead missiles. BUKs turn on their radars at ~20 km or so. You can even use them on shilkas if you can get close enough.

After a number of them are destroyed, the rest that survive the initial strikes seem to turn off their radar in order to prevent being fired upon by anti-radar missiles, only turning them back on when you're very close. By that time, you've passed the min range requirements and only have moments before the missile hits you.

1. it takes 2 KAB-500kr bombs to take out 1 of these bunkers and I can only carry 2. Which means I need my wingman to take out the other bunker to complete the mission.

KAB-500kr, also Kh-29, have enough explosive to destroy the bunkers and the shelters In a single shot... We were capable to destroy the airfield shelters to avoid the take off of the enemy inside, pretty realistic... But suddenly ED downgrade the explosive of these weapons.

2. My KH-25MPUs are completely useless in this mission, because after all the radar targets are destroyed, what's left are BUKs which don't turn on their radar until I'm very close, way below min range for the KH-25MPUs. I've tried using the TV to fire at them optically, with the laser, but since it didn't work I'm assuming that is not what the KU-25MPUs are capable of.

In this case you must rejoin the wingman. After that you inbound to the bunkers with 4200 m altitud, lock one of the bunkers and after AC you say to your wingman attack my target, after he say roger you change the lock to the next bunker and shot your two bombs by yourself.

If your wingman shot s single bomb then you should do the same a second time.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

KAB-500kr, also Kh-29, have enough explosive to destroy the bunkers and the shelters In a single shot... We were capable to destroy the airfield shelters to avoid the take off of the enemy inside, pretty realistic... But suddenly ED downgrade the explosive of these weapons.

Did ED ever say why they downgraded the explosive power? Also, are they going to bring the explosive power back to... realistic 1 shot lvls?

Did ED ever say why they downgraded the explosive power? Also, are they going to bring the explosive power back to... realistic 1 shot lvls?

Well a moderator move your question to the bugs forum, this is not really a bug, just do what I write above.

About Why ED did that... Is better you make this question separate in a new thread

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not familiar with the mission, but the reason you're not getting a lock on the buks is someone else killed the acquisition radar. This is the snow drift radar that elevates a large rotating flat panel. Without this, or any other IADS cues, the launchers themselves have difficulty detecting and locking you. The launchers have the required tracking radar for an engagement, but unless the (extremely) directional radar is pointed right at you, at your elevation, your sensors wont detect the radar emissions.

As for ordering wingmen to attack static targets such as bunkers or buildings....I havent had any luck with it in both the Frog and the Hog.

You might want to carry some S-25Ls as backup for the MPUs, or (gaming it a bit) have your wingman carry the MPUs while you have the Kh-25MLs.... you might have to fly back and re-arm to destroy the rest of the bunkers. Keep in mind you have to do a complete engine shutdown with the canopy open at a friendly base.

Well there are problem, yes. I tested the mission and I try to give orders to attack the command post and do not response.

I fixed. Now the wingman response to the attack request. the second flight group Su-25T do a CAS support to clean the area while we do the strike attack.

see attached below

Su-25T - Command post strike-mia.miz

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pepin, I tried the updated mission two times:

First time I dropped both of my bombs on one of the command posts, destroying it.

Then I circled around and put my shkval on the remaining command post and ordered my wingman to engage my target......nothing happened, he continued to follow me around for 5 minutes. I thought that maybe I still needed bombs loaded for the order to execute so I tried the mission again...

Second time I try giving several "attack my target" orders in the same way, before I drop my bombs. I even made sure I had a "LA" launch authorized, if that matters. Wingman continued to remain in formation for 5 mins. Also there was no voice communication during the orders.

I tried "attack mission and rejoin" and he continued to remain in formation for 5 minutes...

I tried "Attack ground targets" and he responds with "Copy, engaging air defenses", and he dropped a bomb on a SAM.

I remained above 4000 meters and was never targeted by the Buks, once their acq. radar was destroyed.

I modified the Su-34 payload, so now they can erase the Buk LN at all. The second Su-25T flight group will attack all Air-defenses, anyway now your wingman should be able to strike the Command post. I think he didn't because the Buk LN was alive. Now you will attack the position only with minor IR Air defenses, that not should be a problem above 4000 m ground level.

I just tested the SAMs attack, now left the main mission :thumbup:

Su-25T - Command post strike-miav2.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried it, and it works.....my problem is that I did not adjust the target size indicator on the shkval, when telling my wingman to attack the command posts. The command posts are much larger than the typical vehicle targets, so before I never had a lock on the command posts.....even though I was able to drop my TV guided bombs.

I tried it, and it works.....my problem is that I did not adjust the target size indicator on the shkval, when telling my wingman to attack the command posts. The command posts are much larger than the typical vehicle targets, so before I never had a lock on the command posts.....even though I was able to drop my TV guided bombs.

Anyway I tested myself doing the right procedure with 60x target size reticle and the wingman did not want to attack the target because the Buks, that's sure. Now with the last modified must work

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]