P-51-25-NA/P-51-30-NA

westr

After the news that we will be getting the new P-51 in the next OB update I’m really excited about this. Wonder if ED could update us on what extra features we will notice. I know about the updated cockpit textures, but will we have a more appropriate WWII mustang pilot like other DCS WWII modules. Will we notice any difference in performance compared to our current Mustang. I eagerly await.

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

That’s what I would like to find out. As far as I understand it our current P-51 is based on a variant mainly used in the Pacific theatre

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

As far as i know the P-51D-25-NA and 30-NA are exactly the same model NAA-122 without any change, constructed in Inglewood plant at California.

Another batch of NA-25 and NA-30 where constructed in Dallas as NAA-124 models

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I guess,

"D-25" will have only one antenna mast for VHF radio instead of two for UncleDog homing on fuselage in front of tail unit.

It will probably lose combined contol box for it and IFF and get only one small for IFF.

It will lose VHF antenna mast under fuselage.

May be, it will lose some weight.

HVARs capability will remain as a K-14 gyrogunsight.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Well, D-25 would have a single radio mast, I think should lack back attack alert system (so ring and light in cockpit as well) and I think I recall something with regard to IFF antennas in the fuselage/tail fin or something like that. Maybe something with exhaust pipes shape, not sure. Cosmetic differences mostly though some items in the cockpit should disappear as well.

Then there's a historical difference with regard to high octane fuel use which I don't know if we'll be getting, the i̶n̶famous 72" or 75" manifold pressure with 150 octane fuel used in Europe (though not in all of it) which wasn't in the Pacific. That's a difference for sure.

Probably they'll be different in new 3D modelling, I don't think they'll have new FMs featuring that engine differences, but we'll see as this update comes without further notice.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Those are factory fresh D-25 Mustangs with one antenna.

Just compare with the model we have in DCS

4CqonHt.jpg

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

This is the new model I think.

attachment.php?attachmentid=198995&stc=1&d=1543586235

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

They said this:

DCS Warbirds Update

Earlier this year we showed off a greatly updated cockpit for the DCS: P-51D Mustang that will be released next month. In addition to a beautiful, new cockpit, we’re also updating the external model to include both P-51D-25 and P-51D-30 versions! This includes improvements to both the 3D model and textures.

And some other WWII cockpit updates. Nothing beyond that I suppose.

The high octane fuel is something I would like some clarity on. If it was something our European Mustangs had in 1944/45 it would be nice to have that simulated, and might give a little more help against the K4 which I find to be a formidable opponent. But either way looking forward to the updates because I love the Mustang. Was a long time ago now since it was released and very pleased it is getting some love and attention.

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

From NineLine: It was stated some time ago that the current P-51 is a Pacific variant(P-51D-30NA), and that it would be updated to a more appropriate European variant (P-51D-25NA). Not much else on details right now.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3644513&postcount=26

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

They said this:

DCS Warbirds Update

Earlier this year we showed off a greatly updated cockpit for the DCS: P-51D Mustang that will be released next month. In addition to a beautiful, new cockpit, we’re also updating the external model to include both P-51D-25 and P-51D-30 versions! This includes improvements to both the 3D model and textures.

And some other WWII cockpit updates. Nothing beyond that I suppose.

I forgot about this. I was just about to ask if the external model would get a remaster! Thanks.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think, this is the most important in case a new P-51.

Not now, but it seems to be confirmed for future. :thumbup:

P-51D has another variant with new higher octane coming later

source: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3726012&postcount=50

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |