IRIS-T

kotor633

According to wikipedia, the F-16 has 6 × LAU-7 / A launch rails for each 1 × Diehl BGT Defense "IRIS-T" - infrared-controlled, self-target seeking for medium-range. I do not know if the block 50 CCIP that we get in DCS can also be equipped with these missiles. But if it does, this would be at the top of my wish list.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Would be nice to have IRIS-T for the AI Tornado though :)

Tornado-IDS-ASSTA-3-0-TaktLwG-33-Lenkflugkoerper-Taurus-uebung-Two-Oceans-Bredasdorp-Suedafrika.jpg

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not until after they give me my F-111 :thumbup:

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

The IRIS-T is more or less equivalent to the AIM-9X but developed in Europe, so you'll get similar capabilities but a different missiles.

And clearly a Tornado module should have precedence over an F-111 ;)

I wouldn´t say they are more or less equal. The Lock on After Launch and thanks to that, shooting at targets that are behind the plane give the IRIS-T more capabilities than the AIM-9X.

Adding to that the IRIS-T is faster, has more range and a better seeker.

I wouldn´t say they are more or less equal. The Lock on After Launch and thanks to that, shooting at targets that are behind the plane give the IRIS-T more capabilities than the AIM-9X.

Adding to that the IRIS-T is faster, has more range and a better seeker.

I think the AIM-9X recieved LOAL capability as part of its block II upgrade to keep up with the IRIS-T in that regard at least.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg