DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

They’re classified to the general public. But more then likely ED has access to resources and documentation that not everyone is privileged too. They definitely did with the hornet. My point is they wouldn’t attempt it otherwise. So they must know things we don’t.

But there is a difference between classified documents and documents not available to everyone. It is classified and not sellable to export, like the HTS pod i don´t see how ED ...will get any rights about it ?

But there is a difference between classified documents and documents not available to everyone. It is classified and not sellable to export, like the HTS pod i don´t see how ED ...will get any rights about it ?

A contract with LM and or the usaf

Look at the hornet, there are plenty of features and examples of system modeling in the sim that you will not find in any public version of Natops or any other TOs or manuals. That demonstrates they have a much higher knowledge base then just what’s unclassified. I’m sure it’ll be similar with the F-16

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I've been waiting 20+ years for a good F16 Sim...and in VR will have me over the moon. I do hope it will have the MLU with the color MFDs (being greedy)...and I will pay whatever right now for it :)

224289616_FalconSeries.thumb.jpg.9e82f64c99e8a43023abb25c843bc3d9.jpg

throwing-money.gif.52ceb508c93576f29e74ebfe4cf9a11c.gif

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Livery / Skin Wish List

Let's get a livery wish list going! What are your top 5? Here are mine:

1. Colorado Air National Guard 120th Fighter Squadron

2. Texas Air National Guard 182nd Fighter Squadron

3. South Carolina Air National Guard 157th Fighter Squadron

4. Arizona Air National Guard 152nd Fighter Squadron

5. New Mexico Air National Guard 188th Fighter Squadron

It has to do with the fact that those systems we are talking about, HTS and internal equipments on dorsal spins ... you won´t be able to reproduce them because they are classified.

I said in my first post that i am curious on how they will implement those since you can´t find public data about it.

Then you talked about different avionics suites on different F-16 variants.

I then just went on about how SEAD is not the only option to go about SAM sites, that because of the lack of HTs pod some countries do go about DEAD.

Then you said something about my comment about SEAD abd DEAD and i just answered. But my statement about SEAD and DEAD wasn´t a riddle.

We are getting many thing mix and confused here. Lets brake it down.

Having the HTS pod (or similar capabilities internally) does not define whether an air force ( any air force) does SEAD or DEAD.

Not having the HTS pod nor similar capabilities internally would not prevent the SEAD/DEAD mission.

Not using Anti Radiation Missiles (ARM) would certainly make it more difficult and on newer SAM almost impossible, but ARM do not define missions.

The F-16C block 30 started to do the SEAD/DEAD missions on the late 1980 early 1990 and would fly paired up with F-4G Wild Weasel as a Hunter Killer team. F-4G being the eyes and ears. The Same thing was done as far back as Vietnam with F-105G and F-4C/D/E or F-100F and F-105.

About the system being classified,

So are many other things including but not limited to Radios, Radar, missile performance and capabilities, etc. Will we get 100%? No, we don't have that with any aircraft now.

Something to read.

SEAD neutralizes, destroys or temporarily degrades surface-

based enemy air defenses by destructive or disruptive means.

Direct PDF link

https://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/MCWP%203-22.2%20Suppression%20of%20Enemy%20Air%20Defenses.pdf

I just found this myself so let me do some reading.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It doesn’t depend on Block version.

It depends on the software upgrade and yaer the ED BLK 50 will be modeled.

For example USAF BLK50 have color MFD’s .... HAF block 50 have monochrome MFD’s ....

HAF BLK 52+ have multicolor

HAF and ROK BLK 30/32 have monochrome

ANG BLK 30 have multicolor ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by greenmamba

Man, i hope we get color MFDs. I HATE the monochrome displays.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Based on the weapons they plan for it .... yes this should be the BLOCK 50 with multi color MFD’s.

But monochrome doesn’t suck that bad you know .... again, based on the weapons they want to integrate ... the BLK50 with those weapons has color MFD’s.

Man, i hope we get color MFDs. I HATE the monochrome displays.

What's wrong with monochrome displays? :huh:

They work quite well in the Hornet.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I hope so! The green ones kinda suck. It's enough to have them on the hornet

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

The Hornet DDI's color is not only green. I think in future we will get an update for DDI's color. IMO two or three colors will be added (yellow, red and white).

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Some info on Color MFD and its relation to NVG and night flying

This is a direct PDF link

Night Vision Image System (NVIS)

Just skimming the surface, you can see that back 18 years ago there where several CMFD versions. I wonder how many are now.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The Hornet DDI's color is not only green. I think in future we will get an update for DDI's color. IMO two or three colors will be added (yellow, red and white).
Yes that's why I didn't call.it monochrome. It has red yellow and white as well. But can't otherwise predominantly green.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

+1 for color MFDs. If nothing else it will make the cockpit and display modes more visually interesting. Love that they announced the CJ. Tamiya has an excellent scale model in 1/32 for that version. Will be fun to build when it gets released in early access.

I have a model of the two seat Israeli SUFA version with the CFTs and all the bells and whistles. I'm not expecting an accurate mod for that version but something close with accurate livery for Arab-Israeli scenarios on the new Syria map would be swell. Recreating the Bekaa Valley would be fun once the MiG-23 is out.

I don't know why I though of this, but the F-16 would be a perfect place for ED to start micro transactions. I don't like micro transactions, but whether we like them or not, they are part of gaming now on all consoles, from PC to PS4. In the last 3 years, how many games form all developers have come out with some form of micro transaction?

I hope this does not happen, but as a business if makes since if they do since if it unfortunately becoming industry standard.

So USAF F-16C block 50 would be the base model. You want Greece's capabilities? We got that for $. You want to fly Polish F-16? This package cost $

Additionally, most maps they make can have and F-16. PG as it is right now can have Oman, Bahrain and UAE. They do a European map, F-16 are there. South China sea, F-16 are there.

:doh:Hope this does not happen but would not surprise me if it did.

To whom it may concern,

It would actually make sense to have a Block 30/32 for agressor F-16 to go along with the Nevada Map.

And why not some ... advanced F-16 for the Middle East ?

You just made me dream of à European map with EPAF F-16’s ... along with USAFE ones.