[REPORTED]Su33 G limiter not work correctly

Falcon_S

At speed M1.3 we break wings because limiter not work as is on Su27.

How is it possible to cross the limits if the limiter is switched On? I guess he should keep us in the limits of the permitted.

Su27 in same conditions keep us in limits and we not break wings.

I don`t know which one is correct but limiter in Su27 doing what he needs to do.

yaf7xVR.png

On this picture is moment when Su33 lose his wings.

csM5xGt.png

:helpsmilie:

TacView files.rar

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Flanker pilots, thoughts?

Any info from ED, please. This thing definitely does not work properly.

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Thanks Rage. I've already begun to think that I'm the only one in this issue :)

...This happens with or without missiles. This Su27 have 100% fuel (9400kg), Su33 broke wings at 100% (9500kg) and 76% (7220kg) too. Both Sukhoi`s are without missiles. ... Su33 have some big problem in limit`s calculations.

Maybe the Su-33 is just using the same limiter as for the Su-27.

Maybe... Another reason to check and make corrections.

Maybe... Another reason to check and make corrections.

I didn't dispute your findings - just offering a possible explanation :)

The Su-33 is heavier, has a different aerodynamic configuration(including larger wing area) and has a lower max G rating(8 versus 9 of the Su-27), so if its assigned with the same limiter logic and restrictions as the Su-27 in DCS, then the airframe might be overloaded at extreme conditions where the Su-27 survives.

I looked at your comparative graphs(or the associated data rather), but IMHO there are too many differences in the conditions for direct comparison.

JJ

I didn't dispute your findings - just offering a possible explanation :)

The Su-33 is heavier, has a different aerodynamic configuration(including larger wing area) and has a lower max G rating(8 versus 9 of the Su-27), so if its assigned with the same limiter logic and restrictions as the Su-27 in DCS, then the airframe might be overloaded at extreme conditions where the Su-27 survives...

I agree ... that's what I thought when I said:"Another reason to check.." ( i mean "One more reason...)

I looked at your comparative graphs(or the associated data rather), but IMHO there are too many differences in the conditions for direct comparison.

I did not want it to look like a direct comparison. I wanted to say that Su27 has no problem with the limiter. It works impeccably. Su33 has it, but it allows us to cross the limits. That's why I think something is wrong. The purpose of the limiters is to stop us.

I did not want it to look like a direct comparison. I wanted to say that Su27 has no problem with the limiter. It works impeccably. Su33 has it, but it allows us to cross the limits. That's why I think something is wrong. The purpose of the limiters is to stop us.

Yeah I agree.

JJ

• 1 year later...
  • ED Team

I will ask if there is a reason for the differences.

Not sure if it is a bug or not to be honest.

Bare in mind the weight of the aircraft will have an effect on breaking values.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I will ask if there is a reason for the differences.

Not sure if it is a bug or not to be honest.

Bare in mind the weight of the aircraft will have an effect on breaking values.

:cheer3nc::cheer3nc::cheer3nc: appreciated a lot! G-limiter should not allow to exceed Gs to a braking point, should work at least as in Su-27.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • ED Team

Hi all

I am chasing up this issue, I dont have any news to share currently.

A reminder before posting to read the forum rules.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2