Anyone using a playseat?

http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/uk/flight-simulator/flight-simulator-chair.html

This looks like it might be nice to have but I wonder if anyone who has one can comment?

:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm using a Playseat Flight,I think it's called "Playseat Air Force" now according tothe official site http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/de/flight-simulator.html

It's in use for over a Year and im overall happy with it. My main problem with it was that there is nothing you can adjust except for the backrest. I did a small modification to it so the whole seat tilts a bit more forward. Personal preference I'd say. The cusions are well made and after 1 year there are no signs of wear yet

I'm saving to buy one and ship it all the way to Egypt.. It's gonna cost about 7000 EGP (roughly 1000 USD)... My current setup is inflicting pain on my back and I should've thought about that one long time ago... Anyways if you want to know specifics about the package, I've mailed Playseat and they replied as follows:

The packaging is 24"x20"x16" and weighs 61lbs. Yes it is compatible with all the major throttle and flight sticks on the market.

Being an owner of CH products, I will clamp rather than screw the units to the holding trays, and might even throw in an armrest if I'm doing an Airbus setup or a fighter setup.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I ordered the Playseat Flight Seat almost two years ago but had to return two of them due to improperly installed press-in fasteners (neither unit could be assembled). After two tries I gave up and purchased a Volair Sim http://www.volairsim.com/ (but I wouldn't imagine shipping costs would be practical since, IIRC, they ship from the west coast US).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I get your point, and I agree with most of them. My point being that the price is too high for these mere incremental merits of the playseat system... And mind you, there is at least one member on this forum who has built a G-seat for himself. The cost is below that of the playseat system (disregarding the value of the time spent building it, of course), and imho it is THE other thing (in addition to DCS 2.0 and VR headset :D) that is missing which will render our DCS experience as close to reality as possible.

I get your point, and I agree with most of them. My point being that the price is too high for these mere incremental merits of the playseat system...

You are right, as well.

This is very much a matter of individual preferences as well as expendable income.

I am quite happy with my sim 'furniture' (remember, it is more than just a chair) and the price really is not bad when I consider the cost of my Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals and TIR (only $700 total since I got a good price on the Warthog). It would have cost me quite a bit to duplicate it including all of the mounts for controllers and displays, especially since I can't weld. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have an Obutto, I love them and if your into flight sims you need to be comfortable, and ergonomically practical to your body, ive even made a couple of parts to fit the frame myself, ive raised the chair 10 inches and built another mount for my "hacked" collective, i thoroughly recommend it. I got mine from this fellow and was well looked after: http://www.simparts.co.nz/

100_1585_zps5e1e3168.jpg

100_1635_zpse48da1cb.jpg

100_1624_zpsffad2c06.jpg

Edited by Strut

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

This is very much a matter of individual preferences as well as expendable income.

Yes and no... Yes, it is a matter of individual preference, but no, it is not only about how much money one can/is willing to spend.

For me, a simple seat and a table combined in a convenient form? Sure, it's good to have. But it won't be missed terribly because its alternatives are easily within reach. G-simulation however is another story. It is novel to me, and I am willing to spend on it, much more than I would be willing to spend on a playseat. Considering that a G-seat and the simple playseat suggested in this thread are alternatives to each other, i.e., they cannot be used together, I wouldn't even consider a simple playseat, in the hope of getting a G-seat in the near future.

Now if only there is a playseat that comes with G-simulation...

Strut that looks very nice set up mate:) I used the front passenger seat from a pajero acquired from scrapyard and fitted it to a wooden base. It had arm rests, binned it when I moved on the wifes orders ;P

Blackbelter get a G suit and rig it up so it constricts the appropriate body parts as and when required;)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I have an Obutto, I love them and if your into flight sims you need to be comfortable, and ergonomically practical to your body, ive even made a couple of parts to fit the frame myself, ive raised the chair 10 inches and built another mount for my "hacked" collective, i thoroughly recommend it.

Just curious, what are those purple things clipped onto your Saitek throttle for?

I've used the Playseat Flightseat for about 1 year and I love it. I couldn't imagine using anything else. It goes together very fast and the backrest will fold down so I can put in in my car to use for flying RC aircraft FPV (First Person View) outdoors.

If you are thinking about getting a Playseat I wouldn't hesitate. Worth every penny.

I also use the Oculus DK2 for DCS and with the playseat it is as if you are actually sitting in the cockpit. I've got ZERO complaints.

20140927_174555.thumb.jpg.7463b83928ecf45d602ac77a5dfdcb24.jpg

Edited by EddieJames

Asus Rampage V X99 | Win 7 x64 | i7 5930 @ 3.5 GHz | 32GB RAM | Nvidia GTX780ti | Logitech G940 | Oculus Rift DK2

• 2 months later...

The only thing that bothers me about the playseat is the lack of a pedal mount. What I like about the playseat is that I can use an existing desk with it.

What bothers me about the obutto ozone is that the monitor cannot be moved closer and seems rather far away; this seems to be remedied by the obutto revolution, with its swivel monitor arm, however, the revolution is too expensive in comparison.

What to do... :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Find a nice bucket seat on CL, or a junkyard ( I paid 100 bucks for a brand new Racing seat that didn't work out for the guys car - He had it already mounted on the car mounts and ready to bolt in.).

Mount on frame and install all your hardware ( stick, pedals, etc )..

then you have a adjustment to slide seat back to get in and out, and rest of the tilt options.

If you find one that is came out of a car ( or was going into a car ) then your'e way ahead because you only need to drill 4 holes and bolt it in ( and the vehicle hardware ( frame the seat bolts to ) will had an adjuster.

No reason not to find a full electric seat either.

I'll post some pics and put on my profile in a day or so for you.

Those are sure some nice setups.

All I have is a basic computer chair, but it's very comfortable because I'm sitting on a pile of hundred dollar bills in my wallet that I didn't use to buy a gaming chair...

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P | i7-860 2.8Ghz | 16G Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3 | Asus GTX 750 Ti OC | 2 x Acer G235H | Samsung 850 256 GB | Windows 7 Pro 64bit | Saitek Cyborg Evo

Obutto. Car seats are very good for reclining which is good for your back. The monitor stands are very good for making the space vertically a desk doesn't naturally have. And rudder pedals on the inclined floor allow you to get your feet up which is under-rated...

It's more than a Warthog but less in price than a typical commercial grade office chair with lumbar support and i use this for work at home too so it was an investment. Play seat didn't give me anything i couldnt conjure up myself.

obutto.jpg.e54356184bdea3ea606b335d09ccdf6d.jpg

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Obutto. Car seats are very good for reclining which is good for your back. The monitor stands are very good for making the space vertically a desk doesn't naturally have. And rudder pedals on the inclined floor allow you to get your feet up which is under-rated...

It's more than a Warthog but less in price than a typical commercial grade office chair with lumbar support and i use this for work at home too so it was an investment. Play seat didn't give me anything i couldnt conjure up myself.

[ATTACH]110952[/ATTACH]

The way you guys have the cockpit control panel set up is pretty cool. It would be great if it was a touch screen.

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P | i7-860 2.8Ghz | 16G Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3 | Asus GTX 750 Ti OC | 2 x Acer G235H | Samsung 850 256 GB | Windows 7 Pro 64bit | Saitek Cyborg Evo

The way you guys have the cockpit control panel set up is pretty cool. It would be great if it was a touch screen.

I would imagine the one in your quoted post is a touchscreen.

I would imagine the one in your quoted post is a touchscreen.

The only touch screen I have is on my smart phone. If DCS has touch screen programming, my hat is off to the developers.

You don't need touch screen programming. The cockpit is clickable, therefor touchable. I use Helios for my touch interface, but if you position the monitor correctly so that the touchscreen is displaying the controls then you are all set.

Have a look at this...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=101614

Edited by cichlidfan

You don't need touch screen programming. The cockpit is clickable, therefor touchable. I use Helios for my touch interface, but if you position the monitor correctly so that the touchscreen is displaying the controls then you are all set.

Have a look at this...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=101614

That is a sweet setup. Looks like a mini military simulator.

• 2 months later...

I just went to Home Depot a coupke days ago and got me some wood and table leg(s) to build my

Desk for work ( IT, mouse mover ) and gaming, some kind of blend with "options" that I am still thinking about in some quiet hours.

I always admired cichlidfan's signature: "...and a really nice chair" THAT was what I needed too

Having been stuck on dining room tables with my laptop and now a more or less standard desk in my work room I am really in to getting this comfortable. Back pain, muscles aches are nothing you should put aside with 45. It only gets worse if you dont counter act with a more suited chair and overall arrangement.

Since I cant lower my desk as far as the Hotas would need it am planning on scissor swivels ( right word ?) to lower and forward to mounts that will hold the Hotas, left and right and some small riser for the rudders so I can leave the chair and monitor in its normal height.

I thought about all those seats but for that much money I can do it too :) With 500-1000 € you can almost go to a carpenter and get it tailored.

I would go to the yunkyard or online used sales to get me a Recaro seat or similar, ask a friend to weld the base and some vertical mounts but I dont have that much space to do this fully committed version and have to blend work and joy into 1 desk and space.

So far, I got a 40mm solid wood kitchen top w.1.7m x d.1.2m to start with as my main desktop surface....yes...I prefer solid wood as it just looks and feels warmer than most metal construcs, but that is pure personal taste. It is also easy to work with and I have most tools for wood works but lack welding equipment etc... some basic steel tools but I am no steeler, more the wood guy.

Will post some pics in the coming weeks when I am done and satisfied.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X