When is JF-17 going to be launched at DCS? It’s been dragging on for a long time.

huchanronaa

All functions of JF17 are nearly complete. At present, it is in the QA stage, but when to sell and download, the key lies in ED, DIS has not been able to decide. If we pass QA, we can release it as soon as possible, if we can pass QA quickly, then we can have it faster. When will we have JF17 through QA? I don't think anyone can answer except ED.

This is amazing. Release it now then you'd get complain a feature is missing. Release it later then you'd get complain it takes too long. Glad I'm not in this kind of business.

Agreed dammed if you do, dammed if you don't I said a similar thing about the F-16 launch last week its 100% the reason companies won't share all of what they are working on but DCS is very good in this reguard which is probably the reason this happens

Hey Deka, when it’s ready it’s ready. I waited five years for Heatblure to get the Cat out, actually I did give up on that one, but I digress. The fans here seem to prefer the near complete releases to the really early access ones. I have to say, I also would rather wait a year longer to have a more compleat module. From what I’ve seen the JF-17 looks spectacular. I’m definitely sold, and I have no particular interest in JF-17s in particular. So do what you need to do, get it through QA, make it nice and functional. I can wait to fly it, but am really looking forward swatting a few Hornets.

All I hope is that there will be a official and big announcement so everyone knows it who follows ED forum...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

This is amazing. Release it now then you'd get complain a feature is missing. Release it later then you'd get complain it takes too long. Glad I'm not in this kind of business.

So you are glad that you are not part of any kind of buisness? Because a lot of people will naturally have even more oppinions. You will never be able to 100% please everyone, if that your goal you will never reach it.

Some people will always like other things than other people. Deal with it. No reason to open the salt bucket everytime some people have a different opinion.

For me at least, I prefer the more complete module and appreciate that devs are taking their time and not rushing out incomomplete, uhm, things for the sweet sweet EA buck, because thats kinda rare in the videogame industry these days and has led to hilarous failures.

So you are glad that you are not part of any kind of buisness? Because a lot of people will naturally have even more oppinions. You will never be able to 100% please everyone, if that your goal you will never reach it.

Some people will always like other things than other people. Deal with it. No reason to open the salt bucket everytime some people have a different opinion.

For me at least, I prefer the more complete module and appreciate that devs are taking their time and not rushing out incomomplete, uhm, things for the sweet sweet EA buck, because thats kinda rare in the videogame industry these days and has led to hilarous failures.

Yeah, then deal with my different oppinion than you then.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

And so, the greatest Soothsayer in the Kingdom of Flightsimmia was summoned to answer this riddle. The Prophet Olegidus Maddoxii has cut open the hare and, upon viewing its liver, has delivered this portent:

"TWO WEEKS BE SURE"

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

When is JF-17 going to be launched at DCS? It’s been dragging on for a long time.

I saw the introduction of YOUTUBE, and the completion of JF-17 is even higher than the current DCS F-16C

When they feel like it, that's when. This isn't War Thunder where they slap a new texture and some stat bonuses on and call it a day. It typically takes 3-5 years for completion (F-16 reuses code from F-18 is only reason we have it). So yeah, it's been a while. What of it? The whole point is tgey aren't doing an EA release.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

And so, the greatest Soothsayer in the Kingdom of Flightsimmia was summoned to answer this riddle. The Prophet Olegidus Maddoxii has cut open the hare and, upon viewing its liver, has delivered this portent:

"TWO WEEKS BE SURE"

I wonder if he knew that would become as popular as it did, and has, over the years? :)

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

why do customers always think they run the business lmao

you want things done your way go do it yourself

They don’t run the business but they pay full price for a promised-to-be-completed product. So yes they have a say because they are paying for it based on specs as advertised by the developer. And that revenue helps keeps the company afloat. So I’d say consumers are one of the the stakeholders which the developer takes cues from. It’s the same consumer expectations for any product sold.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

They don’t run the business but they pay full price for a promised-to-be-completed product. So yes they have a say because they are paying for it based on specs as advertised by the developer. And that revenue helps keeps the company afloat. So I’d say consumers are one of the the stakeholders which the developer takes cues from. It’s the same consumer expectations for any product sold.

Well when they pay for something, they can bitch. Deka taking their time.costs no one anything, so people have no basis to complain.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Well when they pay for something, they can bitch. Deka taking their time.costs no one anything, so people have no basis to complain.

I wasn't referring to Deka actually, but the issues with ED's EAs. Deka seems to be more customer focused with better PR.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Oy vey,

It will be out when its out. "soon" ... People really need to get a grip here, and some perspective.

If they just sent it out for Q/A checking it will still be a while. IIRC when it came out, it took like 2 weeks for the mig19 which was supposed to be "complete", then ED Q/A said, LOL wut? No way are we putting this out. Then it went back to Raz for like a month. Then it went back for Q/A #2 which must have went better, since they did release it as EA. And even then the whole FM was a dumpster fire and a bunch of stuff didn't work. Thats on a Mig-19, with "simple" systems, FM, and some very basic weapons.

Compare that to the JF17, the most modern fighter in DCS with advanced weaponry? I'm sure it will take more than the magic 2 weeks to test and evaluate it. And if there are issues, I'm sure it will also take some time to fix them.

Personally I'm thinking they will get it out before Xmass. Which is great in my book.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).