SU-33 take off from carrier

zeitgeist

Hi, I need help taking off from the forward spots on the Kutz. No matter how I set the fuel and load out (even almost fully empty) I just can't take off.

My sequence is:

1. Flaps down
  2. Hit and hold start brake (shift+W)
  3. Throttle up until about 80% and wait. Plane starts nosing down. Still holding Start Brake
  4. Throttle up until Afterburners light up.
  5. At this time plane wants to start moving.
  6. Then I Realease Start Brake and imediatelly hit Emergency Afterburners (SHIFT+E)
  7. As soon as I leave deck, gear up and gently pull the stick with careful not to stall
  8. Invariably ends up in the water

The only way I can take off is from the 3rd position.

I even tried trimming the plane to a higher AoA with no success.

Hello! You should pay attention to the take-off weight. If you want to take off from the position closest to the jump point, you must have as little weight as possible. Instead, if you try to take off from the position farthest from the jump point, you will be able to have much more weight. Sorry if I can't get numerical values, but you can find useful information on a lot of documentation.

This works, just tested

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3256607&postcount=12

For a comfortable successful take off from forward position 1 or 2 with full fuel and Missile loadout:

Carrier should be at maximum speed (50-59 km/h) heading into wind.

Head Wind speed should be higher than 5m/s, (10m/s or higher) is ideal.

Your maximum take-off weight should be under 30,000kg, you can go heavier if head wind is higher than 10 m/s.

In your planes cockpit ready for take-off:

Set "Flaps" up using the (Left CONTROL + F Key).

Open the "Engine inlet protection Grids" using the (Left ALT + I keys) to gain an extra 10% power to the motors.

Engage and hold the "Wheel brakes - Start" using the (Left SHIFT + W keys) and not the (Wheel Brake ON = W key or rudder pedal Toe brakes) to hold you in position.

Advance the throttle to 100% until the "Afterburners" engage, shown by the "Two green lights" on the center console.

When the two "Afterburner green lights" come on, engage the "Special engine thrust mode" using the (Left SHIFT + E keys), this will increase the engine thrust to 103%, a third green light will come on, this is situated between and below the two "afterburner indicator lights", you should release all brakes at this point.

As you leave the ski jump, retract your wheels ASAP using the (G key or Left CONTROL + G keys).

Increase your "Angle of attack" to gain altitude whilst maintaining a climbing speed "above 240 kilometers per hour", climb to "1000 meters" and level off, reduce the throttle slightly to turn off the afterburners and special engine mode.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Hi, I need help taking off from the forward spots on the Kutz. No matter how I set the fuel and load out (even almost fully empty) I just can't take off.

My sequence is:

1. Flaps down
  2. Hit and hold start brake (shift+W)
  3. Throttle up until about 80% and wait. Plane starts nosing down. Still holding Start Brake
  4. Throttle up until Afterburners light up.
  5. At this time plane wants to start moving.
  6. Then I Realease Start Brake and imediatelly hit Emergency Afterburners (SHIFT+E)
  7. As soon as I leave deck, gear up and gently pull the stick with careful not to stall
  8. Invariably ends up in the water

The only way I can take off is from the 3rd position.

I even tried trimming the plane to a higher AoA with no success.

FWIW, if the carrier is travelling at full speed (59km/hr) with or without a headwind, you should be able to take off with 65% fuel and a full weapons load from the forward position. You'll sink a bit but nothing problematic. (For that matter, you can do it with the carrier at 30km/hr but that's cutting it very fine):

Track attached

Su-33 Persian Gulf-Carrier Takeoff.trk

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.