Can't get port to open

FlyBoyd

I am having trouble getting the port 10308 to open on my router. I have the netgear XR500 router and I am hardwired into it for my desktop.

I use Spectrum for my ISP and my speeds are great. The issue is when I go into the port forwarding setting of my router I set it to the internal IP address of my computer which is 192.168.1.22. I setup the port I want to open and hit apply. When I go to check with a port checker it keeps saying that it is closed. I even tried setting up the internal IP address to static in windows and that didn't help either.

I am at the end of my rope here and can't think of anything else to try. I tried calling support for the router, but the girl on the phone could only walk me through the process of port forwarding (which I already know) and not how to troubleshoot.

I don't think my external IP address from Spectrum is static. Does that make a difference?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Intel I9-9900k, Gigabyte AORUS Ultra, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 3200, EVGA 2080Ti, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 512, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 1TB, MCG, Vipril, TM Controls, SLAW device rudders, Obutto Revolution, Valve Index

I don't think my external IP address from Spectrum is static. Does that make a difference?

Not for checking to see if your port is open.

I don't know the specifics of your router, but check the WAN settings. Years ago I had a netgear router that had to have a setting "respond to ping" checked in order to host.

More likely it's an issue with your ISP. I used to be able to port forward just fine until my ISP decided to "improve" its service. You'll have to spend hours on the phone to find out. Just make sure they don't charge you for a visit to investigate your cable.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria