Free Trial June 19th to 25th - Tomcat and Viggen!

IronMike

Tomcat is very nice, love it. But I won't buy it, because for the money I want to fly a new shiny F-14B from 1987, not from the 2010s junk yard.

First of all the thanks for the feedback. The Tomcat we recreated did not fly in 1987, it is a mid 90s B model. But even if, Navy jets did look like this couple weeks/months/a year after rollout, numerous SMEs agree that it is realistic, and contrary to the believe of many, the cockpit wasn't modeled after scrapped museum versions, but a lot of active duty fotos. That's just how it was. You can watch the video where Dave "Bio" Baranek flies along with the DCSNZA - unfortunately I did not find the exact spot, but the entire event is a great watch anyway. So you can hear a real RIO comment directly on it, and don't have to take our word for it. A clean cockpit only existed when it rolled out from the factory and couple weeks in it would not exist anymore. After the first few weeks repaints were already necessary, because salt water is very aggressive. And they did not remove paints, but just painted over them, and so on. The result is that couple weeks/months in you would get a cockpit such as we recreated. Much more so 10 years down the road.

That all said, taste cannot be argued with of course. But I would find it a pitty if that would be what is holding you back.

EDIT: I found the comment, it is at 20:31 playtime (I timestamped it). Just before the cat shot he comments on the look of the cockpit and how quickly it got used. It's more a remark really, but just so you guys see we didn't just recreate "museum-paint" but actually how the F14 was. It's not a question to him either, but his spontaneous reaction when he relives his memories, which imo makes it speak even more for itself. Something that was important to us, was that former Tomcat crews would sit in the cockpit and be taken right back down memory lane. A lot of the chipped paint, etc tells many small stories, too, of the aircraft's life, of the people who worked on it and of the inevitable grasp of the sea, because that's just how the ocean is. The sea does not bend to anything. Everything bends to the sea.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hi all, was trying out the F14 free trial but unfortunately running into a few issues. First one is after I salute for launch nothing happens, This was on the CVN 73. Tried all positions to no avail. This was multiplayer with another person in the pilot seat. So we changed to air start, but after roughly 10 minutes or so, the F14 just vanishes. No CTD, it just goes poof. Checking the logs all I see is version mismatch "WARNING F-14: F-14 Build vs DCS version mismatch! Built with: 2.5.6.50793, DCS is: 2.5.6.50979" Maybe that's the vanishing issue but no sure. Tried reinstalling still same issue. I was going to purchase this but not in this state unfortunately.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

For cat launch use Lshift+U.
Thx for that

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

There is a discount.

Sorry, I did not say I'm a steam user.

There is a 20% sale for the standalone, that's correct.

I need a sale for steam. Hope it will come.

Ryzen 9 5950X - watercooled | RTX 3090 FE - watercooled | ASUS ROG PG278QR | 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3800MHz CL16

Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI | Creative Sound Blaster Z| be quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro & Dark Power 12 1000W

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

f369a91f-373c-4a67-b752-106889db8767.png

Tomcat is very nice, love it. But I won't buy it, because for the money I want to fly a new shiny F-14B from 1987, not from the 2010s junk yard.

I dont know what source this is based on from your point of view but the cockpit and overall look the Tomcat has in DCS is actually as real as it can get. Just look at some IRL pictures and youll see what I mean.

DCS F-14 Tomcat Alley Discord Server:

Won't discuss de gustibus but there are cockpit mods if it's about the labels:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304383/

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I didn't want to buy a jet this year. :(

I'm actually waiting for the helicopters.

Why are you doing your thing so damn well? I just have no reason not to buy this majestic F-14 icon.

And then the sound ... whoever is responsible ... Great job!

Jester, no longer alone, the Walkmann etc.

Now the discount. Now I've bought it. :music_whistling:

I didn't want to buy the Viggen at the time ... but you always have to do everything super well.

Edited by Crash

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

First of all the thanks for the feedback. The Tomcat we recreated did not fly in 1987, it is a mid 90s B model. But even if, Navy jets did look like this couple weeks/months/a year after rollout, numerous SMEs agree that it is realistic, and contrary to the believe of many, the cockpit wasn't modeled after scrapped museum versions, but a lot of active duty fotos. That's just how it was. You can watch the video where Dave "Bio" Baranek flies along with the DCSNZA - unfortunately I did not find the exact spot, but the entire event is a great watch anyway. So you can hear a real RIO comment directly on it, and don't have to take our word for it. A clean cockpit only existed when it rolled out from the factory and couple weeks in it would not exist anymore. After the first few weeks repaints were already necessary, because salt water is very aggressive. And they did not remove paints, but just painted over them, and so on. The result is that couple weeks/months in you would get a cockpit such as we recreated. Much more so 10 years down the road.

That all said, taste cannot be argued with of course. But I would find it a pitty if that would be what is holding you back.

EDIT: I found the comment, it is at 20:31 playtime (I timestamped it). Just before the cat shot he comments on the look of the cockpit and how quickly it got used. It's more a remark really, but just so you guys see we didn't just recreate "museum-paint" but actually how the F14 was. It's not a question to him either, but his spontaneous reaction when he relives his memories, which imo makes it speak even more for itself. Something that was important to us, was that former Tomcat crews would sit in the cockpit and be taken right back down memory lane. A lot of the chipped paint, etc tells many small stories, too, of the aircraft's life, of the people who worked on it and of the inevitable grasp of the sea, because that's just how the ocean is. The sea does not bend to anything. Everything bends to the sea.

Thanks for the eloquent reply, it sounds very convincingly)

Edited by third_man

I'm new in DCS, Viggen is on my wishlist for long time. Big THANK YOU for free trial!

Few my thoughts after tutorial missions:

- Tutorial missions for Viggen are a mess. E.g. C-130 in mission 3 are parked on each other.

- Young voice actors sound kind of silly.

- Manual in RC version, but to be honest the one on my tablet was still a beta one.

Other than that, I love your Viggen! Amazing plane and well made module, I will buy it.

I seen your F-14 the last time you made free trial, and I like it too. Beautifully textured but the turkey is out of my interests for now.

I hope for more updates to Viggen and subscribing now the J-35 Draken topic.

Thanks.

I'm new in DCS, Viggen is on my wishlist for long time. Big THANK YOU for free trial!

Few my thoughts after tutorial missions:

- Tutorial missions for Viggen are a mess. E.g. C-130 in mission 3 are parked on each other.

- Young voice actors sound kind of silly.

- Manual in RC version, but to be honest the one on my tablet was still a beta one.

Other than that, I love your Viggen! Amazing plane and well made module, I will buy it.

I seen your F-14 the last time you made free trial, and I like it too. Beautifully textured but the turkey is out of my interests for now.

I hope for more updates to Viggen and subscribing now the J-35 Draken topic.

Thanks.

Thank you for your feedback, Glow. I'll forward it to our Viggen Team. One remark: the voices are female, not young, in that sense I would argue against them being "silly"... but I know where you are coming from, some prefer the coarse deep "instructor voice of authority" more. :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

I've just purchased the F14 Tomcat and have been having lots of fun, in a sort of masochistic sense, up until now, trying to learn to fly it onspeed.

Despite my apparent ineptitude at flying onspeed however, i do still appear to be able to get down on the deck in a single piece, which should at least provide the LSO with an easier target for their less-than-complementary comments. I just need to practise more and git gud.

I'm loving it.

Thank you.

I already have the Tomcat but I've just purchased the Viggen after trying it out over the past two days. I've been really impressed with it. It's a really nice model, good cockpit with nice textures, easy to read dials (I fly exclusively in VR) and a joy to fly. And it must be the easiest DCS plane to land that I've ever flown. After my first quick cold start flight I put it back down on the tarmac no problem, without even reading the manual or knowing how to switch to any landing modes, no auto throttle, no reverse thrust, or anything! Just by eye and seat of the pants. And it looked a perfect touchdown on the replay. :) That's a testament to the plane, not my skills!

The only issue I seem to be having is the cockpit lights not working when I'm rotating the lighting dials in the cockpit. I read in another thread that there's been an issue with the cockpit lights not working; it says it's been fixed but is there still an issue with them?

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

Also for the F-14. Will Jester be able to use the LANTIRN pod and drop LGBs at some point in development?

Yes, it's in the plans. You can already drop LGBs with Jester, however not lased by your aircraft.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Will the HB sale also end once the Free Trial finishes or is that going with the Summer Sale?

It will continue for the duration of the summer sale.

Heatblur Simulations

Thank you!

This is my first post here, I just wanted to post a thank you for making the F-14 free for the weekend. I bought and have been a huge fan of the A-10 since before DCS World was even a thing.

I'm a dad, and due to pay cuts over the virus didn't have anything to look forward to playing over the Father's Day weekend, and this totally made my weekend! The F-14 is awesome and iconic, I could play out all my old Top Gun moments. Was impressed you could even put it in a flat spin, the flight model feels completely different from the A10 which is awesome. Was so much fun to pull off some carrier landings.

Anyway, thank you guys again for this!!

This is my first post here, I just wanted to post a thank you for making the F-14 free for the weekend. I bought and have been a huge fan of the A-10 since before DCS World was even a thing.

I'm a dad, and due to pay cuts over the virus didn't have anything to look forward to playing over the Father's Day weekend, and this totally made my weekend! The F-14 is awesome and iconic, I could play out all my old Top Gun moments. Was impressed you could even put it in a flat spin, the flight model feels completely different from the A10 which is awesome. Was so much fun to pull off some carrier landings.

Anyway, thank you guys again for this!!

We're very happy that you enjoyed it!

Heatblur Simulations

Yes I bought it, and having a blast flying RIO with my buddy. Thx for the free week and the chance to finally check out this amazing module! Tango Mike!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried this module during the free 5-days that just ended, and just gotta say this is the best module that I've flown yet (close second is the huey). The plane is alive and seems to have a lot personality; such a joy to fly! Great job Heatblur! I'm actually amazed how much I love this module, as I was skeptical about an old interceptor with steam gauges everywhere (but she is pretty, ain't she!).

On a side note; I just bought the Hornet last night, and although nice, it's slow compared to the F-14, sterile (FBW) and kinda generic. I just missed my Tomcat the more I flew the Hornet. I only purchased it 'cause it's 50% off and it's a plane I want as well (bought the Hornet and Persian Gulf map for $60 on Steam) - although gonna buy the Tomcat next week for the long 4th of July weekend.

Anyhow, just had to say great job Heatblur, excellent module...love it.

Good day!

DrDetroit

Edited by DrDetroit
  • Like 1

Thank you for your kind words, guys, we are happy that you enjoyed the free trial!

Thank you! It is very hard to give a Heatblur module back after a free trial. For me it was impossible btw.

Keep up the outstanding job and I will follow my addiction happily after the free trials of your future modules.