What should I be getting out of force feedback?

I just got a FFB stick, a MS FFB. I'm using the adapt-ffb-joy.hex. I get a centering force effect which changes with trim. Pretty cool, pretty nice to have. Though DCS has an option for "Shake" which I never feel in any phase of flight. What effects does DCS model?

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like AeriaGloria said.

Just got mine as well. Didn't do anything except enabling FFB, and make sure you invert FFB channels on the axis FF tuning. Has to be done for every module.

Download and test the free MB-339 module. It seems to me (for some reason), this has the best FFB implementation of all my modules. Well, of those I've tried with FFB anyway.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

If you're flying a WW2 plane you should feel the stick shake before a stall. Do you get that with the non-usb stick?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

On the F14, you should also get a stiffening of the stick with increased G load. Thats the way it is setup in the real plane, however with the limited power of the force feedback motors this is nowhere near the levels of the real thing. It is still nice however, and once you get better muscle memory it will allow you to "feel" what the plane is doing during maneuvers.

On the WW2 (and the L39) birds you should also feel a smilar effect due to the airflow forces acting on the control surfaces.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

The biggest thing you should get with FFB is realistic trimming. i.e you hold the stick in place and then trim until you don't require any force to hold it there. This polar opposite to the normal simism of trimming whilst bringing the stick back to centre.

Sadly I have never actually seen this implemented, hence why I gave up on FFB years ago.

Forcefeedback works for me in every module except the av8b and mig19 from razbam. The fbw modules don't move the stick when you trim but still have ffb and you can feel the plane too. av8b and mig19 feel like a dead centered spring. But trimming with the stick keeping in place works on every module for me which have that function also visually modeled. Even the FC3 planes and some free mods like the mentioned mb339 and a4c.

And it doesn't matter if you don't get realistic forces you just have to adapt to the force range of your ffb device.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

I can't speak for you guys. But trimming works for me. I pull vak on the stick and trim until it stays in place.

That said, my SW FFB2 is limp at the center, due to a little bad design on MS part. And the buttons and hat are poorly designed as well.

I have also tested that it totally moves while trimming. I just used another joystick to make sure. Made the had as an additional trim hat, trim, and the MS stick moves. Can probably be tested by trimming with the keyboard as well. Ain't got the Harrier or 19, so haven't tested those. Where the MS really shines is in helicopters of course.

When, and if, I've got time my plan is to mod it. Gonna do the resister power mod (makes it more powerful), and add another grip. Maybe scavenge the board from my old cougar if possible. Or something else. Also found another tip on another forum. He had changed out the gearing with timing belts. That looked really promising, as he wrote (with pictures), that the limpnes was almost gone. I believe it can be, with a little tweaking.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk