[REPORTED] Aircraft sound stops

Reflected

Have to admit I very rarely was suffering from this bug previously, but got it already in the second flight in latest Open Beta. Saved a track, but during playback everything works fine. This one is going to be difficult to reproduce and fix...

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

^This has been the perennial problem with this bug, and may be a clue to where the solution lies.

Facts:

No Crash log is generated by the event;

Casual perusal of the DCS Log shows no obvious reason for sound to stop; and

Tracks play back normally and do not demonstrate the event.

Hypothosis:

A comparison of the DCS Logs after the bug occurs and the DCS Log after playing back the track may provide some clues.

Recommended COA

Record Sabre flights with a program such as Shadow Play to show when the problem occurred.

Save tracks when the problem occurs and quit DCS, save the DCS log.

Restart DCS and play back the track, shut down DCS and save the log.

Submit the DCS log (original) and DCS Log (track playback) along with the recording and track file for ED to analyze.

• ED Team

I have been trying to reproduce again but no luck so far, it is very frustrating. The report is still open and we are still looking in to it.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I have been trying to reproduce again but no luck so far, it is very frustrating. The report is still open and we are still looking in to it.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Someone suggested earlier that it might be related to the F10 key and displaying map view. I posted some speculation about this earlier. I wonder if it is really a surround sound or hardware related fault where the sound origin gets fouled up when changing view and then gets lost because the system is overloaded? Maybe it has something to do with the F-86 model, or the relationship of the model, cockpit, and sound generation coordinates in 3D? Maybe there is a memory leak or "out of bounds" error in the sound coordinates when changing view back and forth?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

• 2 weeks later...

This just happened to me about 10 mins ago. I'm trying the free trial, stable version. I was on an Instant action ground attack on Caucasus. I had switched to F10 and then back to the cockpit and the sound in the cockpit disappeared. External sounds still work fine. Haven't been able to reproduce it though. Tried all 3 maps, in and out of F10 and all views, no issues.

Edited by aleader

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

• ED Team

thanks will take a look,

Edit: indeed the track replay does show this issue, thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent Big Newy! Keep at it! Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

• 3 weeks later...

I know the focus was clearly on the SC module with today's update but was there any progress with losing the engine sound out of a sudden?

I saw the patch notes from today and it was not mentioned. As stated absolutely no problem for me, just what to know if you guys had a chance to look into it?

I bought the Sabre years ago and until the Yalu campaign, it was not of interest to me and now it's just annoying to not be able to enjoy this old bird.

Edited by Bender_39

kind regards

Bender_39

• ED Team

no progress yet sorry, this is proving to be a very difficult issue for the team.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah,it's been porked for years thumbdown.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been flying this on and off for about as long as this issue has been reported and never had this happen, but I guess I popped that cherry tonight. F

Thrustmaster T.16000M HOTAS - i7-9700K - MSI GTX 1060 6GB (waiting for a sale) - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB M.2 SSD - ASRock Z390 Pro4 - Corsair 275R

F/A-18C - F-14B - F-16C - Spitfire

• ED Team
I've been flying this on and off for about as long as this issue has been reported and never had this happen, but I guess I popped that cherry tonight. F

Yep it is very frustrating and a totally random bug, which is why we are having so much trouble with it, unless we can reproduce consistently testing a fix is near impossible.

We continue to try.

thank you

99% chances to be unrelated but just in case, I experienced a sound suddenly stopping to be played in DCS: it was a "radio squelch" ogg sound I use when a message is displayed to player.

If two messages got to be displayed at same time (sound is called two times at same time), the sound was no longer played for all next messages / calls.