DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

CM could mean counter measures (e.g., chaff) in this context? No idea otherwise...

in the text it says counter measures

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I guess that's mostly hotfixes like the Harrier's rockets, Tomcat's radar, and Viper's CCRP.

Nothing thereof on the list. And neither word on the thick fog in VR or sorry I dare to say this, the performance. At least we didn't have to wait another 5 weeks for this one again rainbowdashwink.png

I just hope DCS becomes playable again in VR before the release of the Supercarrier still... oh wait! icon_redface.gif

you can use Symbolic Links but it has to be done manually now.

To many people were using custom download locations that were dangerous unfortunately, leaving it for the user to do manually is the safest option.

thank you

Caution: The following content is being served with a grain of salt. Just take it like that dealwithit.png

I see you're literally pulling off a Google (or lately Microsoft) here - if an option that's only being reached by pro users and not directly visible within the GUI causes support tickets, just remove it altogether, won't hurt anyone twi-notbad.png

Actually that won't solve any Layer 8 problems though icon_question.gif

rdlaugh.png

Was using junctions anyway when I needed that (before that option existed though) rainbowdashwink.png

TL;DR: Thanks for the unexpected update. Let's see what's in it that is not documented and be happy about that twilightsmile.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team
I have downloaded but don't see a campaign in my menu or on the ED store?

Am i missing something really obvious here or what :huh: ?

if you are on the latest open beta you should see it in your module manager

and once installed in your campaigns menu on the right of the main menu

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

if you are on the latest open beta you should see it in your module manager

and once installed in your campaigns menu on the right of the main menu

Ah right i see it now, i had clicked onto products->campaigns but did not see it but it is there under E-shop->campaigns.

Confusing having both don't you think?

you can use Symbolic Links but it has to be done manually now.

To many people were using custom download locations that were dangerous unfortunately, leaving it for the user to do manually is the safest option.

thank you

I would argue that this is even more dangerous from previous experience with users - couldn't the updater just check that it is not being set to the root of a drive.....

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I would argue that this is even more dangerous from previous experience with users - couldn't the updater just check that it is not being set to the root of a drive.....

It even can be a root - the updater should just make a DCS_downloads folder there and I see no problem with it.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Nothing thereof on the list.

Most often not all fixes/changes make it on the list. Seems the Harrier rocket pipper is adjusted.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Ah right i see it now, i had clicked onto products->campaigns but did not see it but it is there under E-shop->campaigns.

Confusing having both don't you think?

Agreed. Especially since the module descriptions are often different and sometimes inconsistent between the two locations (e.g. early access status mentioned in one place and not the other).

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Well fellows thank you for this stable update I was not expecting it on Friday so it was really cool. I have been flying the P-47d finally yippy Skippy:joystick:.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

• ED Team
Well fellows thank you for this stable update I was not expecting it on Friday so it was really cool. I have been flying the P-47d finally yippy Skippy:joystick:.

you are welcome, and enjoy! :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi guys, i tryed to update my stable version, but it wants to download everything from internet, despite i have the latest open beta update on my computer!

Is there any way to copy datas from the beta instead of downloading everything from servers?

thanks

Hi guys, i tryed to update my stable version, but it wants to download everything from internet, despite i have the latest open beta update on my computer!

Is there any way to copy datas from the beta instead of downloading everything from servers?

thanks

If you have the latest Open Beta then you have the latest stable as it were...

Just don't update when the next OB patch comes out and you will effectively still be on the stable release.

No? :huh::)

Thank you Devs. Whatever y'all pushed in the last update fixed my VR performance. It's back to normal now. No more stuttering. :)

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

thanks

There was a change to the updater, it now no longer makes use of a custom downloads directory, what you can do is copy all the files from one to the other , or you can create a hard link between the two in windows...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

thanks

You can create this file "dcs_local_source" into the stable directory and put inside the path of the Beta.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

thanks

- Switching Between Open Beta and Release Versions
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

I've done that a year ago, it works.

Only thing the folder will retain it's name. Meaning if it's named "Open Beta" that's what it'll be after conversion.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Switching between OB and Stable doesnt trigger and update if they are the same version.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Deprecated custom download folder feature.

All downloads will now go to the standard "_downloads" subfolder

inside the installation path.

Uuuugh ... just because one or two guys misued the feature :(

In fairness I'll have to admit data integrity over speed of the update process and that was a freak edge case which can't be blamed on anyone directly, but if you ask me, using the root of a disk is just a bad practice only someone with bad computer skills would do, sorry but this is just a fact, I'm sorry I'm a bit salty right now because this was kinda my thing I kept posting on the wishlist and it's gone now, allright I'll get over it.

On the other hand, we've moved to SSDs so they're much faster than HDDs in the speed regard, I'm not storage space limited anymore as I'll move to a 500 GB SSD just for DCS (*even tho I'll temporarly put it on a 3TB HDD for beta testing and debug purposes but that's another story*).

So the story that's relevant to HDDs goes like this, I don't want to apply this for SSDs because perhaps SSDs may work differently in terms of read&write mix speeds I don't have good experience on, but there's another reason why it was the issue in the first place ... because there is or was (checked half a year ago) middle-man-procedure of unpacking the torrented ZIPs from the subfolders in "_downloads" folder into the root "_downloads" folder and then what I think is copying (not moving?) from the "_downloads" folder one step back out to the DCS root installation folder which is a parent of the "_downloads" folder, so that means both of the operations happen on the same device and if one device has to copy&write at the same time it's half slower than it's maximum. Not only is the unpacking procedure half slower, it's also wasting time by not installing directly, and then when it does "install" it's a half slower read&write procedure again.

A direct unpack-to-install would speed up the procedure by half, then there would only be one read&write procedure on the same device, albeit still half-slower due to being on the same device if that is true for SSDs.

I don't have DCS installed currently, I'll see in detail later.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Is the next OB update scheduled for the 12th or the 19th? Sorry if asked previously.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

19th

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

Is the next OB update scheduled for the 12th or the 19th? Sorry if asked previously.

This is where the schedule is posted https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

This is where the schedule is posted https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

Cool, thanks.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

• 2 weeks later...