Foggy Lenses (Hot Face :( ) Help needed!

OnlyforDCS

Like the title says, are there any quick solutions to this problem?

Basically my Rift S gets foggy within minutes of me putting it on, and worse of all it stays pretty foggy unless I periodically keep keep moving it away from my face. Even then some of the moisture stays on the lenses, and I cant really do that and keep my hands on my HOTAS.

So how do you guys get around this issue? It's probably the number one issue I have with VR at the moment.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

How long does it stay foggy?

Both my cv1 and Reverb tend to fog up when I put on the HMD, for instance right after I've hit the shower. Sometimes it takes over 15 to 20mins before this stops, can take even longer if it's really warm. But eventually the fogging stops.

The first 15mins I just regularly use one of those cloth you receive when buying sunglasses.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

How long does it stay foggy?

Both my cv1 and Reverb tend to fog up when I put on the HMD, for instance right after I've hit the shower. Sometimes it takes over 15 to 20mins before this stops, can take even longer if it's really warm. But eventually the fogging stops.

The first 15mins I just regularly use one of those cloth you receive when buying sunglasses.

Yeah it has been pretty warm and humid lately. But Ive tired playing with the AC on, and it doesnt seem to help that much. Last night I played for about an hour and half and it wouldn't defog. Correction I tried playing for an hour and a half, but most of that time was spent fiddling with the headset, moving it away from my face so that it would defog a bit, etc.

After the session my face was literally drenched with sweat, so on wonder it fogs up. I havent tried using that cloth to clean the lenses, but will try that tonight.

Interestingly enough, loosening the headset on my head makes it fog up much less, as does just pushing it away from my face. So I have a feeling that just punching some holes in the plastic or the foam might do the trick, however Im loath to do that as that would probably void the warranty.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I use my Rift S in a well air conditioned room, and it has never fogged up on me when putting on.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok, I managed to solve this particular problem. My solution? Letting the S warm up a bit, dropping the temp a bit on the AC unit, and using a silk bandana around my forehead.

Now with the bandana on, my face doesnt sweat so much since its not in direct contact with the foam, and I think this is the main thing that did the trick.

Thanks a lot everyone.