# Control Axis for all controls

CallsignPunch

So I feel like I read somewhere that you are limited on the number of control axis but after searching a bit can’t seem to find the post.

Here’s the deal, finally got the new rig, got everything installed and hooked up, got VR working and the rudder pedals aren’t working. I’m running the TM Hotas Warthog and the new TM pedals....TPR I think. Everything was at default and I tried to figure out how to add an axis for the pedals but no luck so far.

Anyone have suggestions? Can you have an axis for Pitch, roll, yaw, L throttle, R throttle?

Thanks for the help!

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

Yes you can have axes for all of these

What module(s) are you trying to fly?

Common issue with default layouts is that joystick, throttle, pedals etc are all mapped to the same controls so you have to go do some clearing out and setting. At the bottom of the controls window is the Axis Assign and there should be a rudder option in here

Edited by hornblower793
Added final line

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

You can definitely add all the axes you want and then some. I have never heard of an axes limit and have several devices hooked up with no problems.

Firstly, it's good practice to clear all default axis assignments, as these can be forgotten and interfere.

Then just assign the controls to the axes you want. There's several columns for different devices, so make sure you're on the column of the device you want to assign the axis to.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

There is an axes limit if you combined the controllers into one device, blame windows... If you are not running target, you can map them all in DCS under each heading for the device.

If you must use Target, I would exclude the rudders from the profile so you can have the HOTAS axes and the rudders without the limit.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I have never heard of an axes limit and have several devices hooked up with no problems.

There is a limit of 8 axis per controller. That's a windows thing.

The good part is that the limit is for each controller. The Stick, Throttle, Rudders, MFDs (Left & Right respectfully), are all individual controllers. They are seen as individual controllers in DCS and none of these controllers have more than 8 axis by themselves.

If you use TARGET software, the controllers are combined to makeup the virtual controller. DCS will see this as one controller and you will be limited to 8 axis. If you use Stick(X and Y axis), Throttle (witch has 5 axis available for mapping), and Rudder with toe brakes(X,Y and Z axis), you could run out of axis pretty quick.

For the A10C a complete setup has more axis than are availible with the windows limitation.

Stick 2 axis (X,Y)

Throttle 5 axis (Z and RZ- Left and Right Throttles, X and Y for Slew, Slider for zoom control )

Rudder 3 axis (Z for rudder and X,Y for toe brakes)

10 axis

But all is not lost. You can modify the TARGET .tmh file to eliminate the Rudder Pedals from the virtual controller and still have them seen by DCS as an individual controller. That will leave you plenty of axis to map to stick and throttle.

I think this is the trhread you were looking for:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219716&page=2

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS