Using bonus points with the spit?

Generally, and if I understand correctly, bonus points aren't redeemable on brand new releases due to their being a preorder discount- I'll differ to a moderator or someone who may know better but IIRC I've never been able to redeem bonus points on a new release purchase

You won't use them during pre-release period, but most likely will be able to do so after the module goes "live" in December. Some guys did just that with F-5 and Gazelle. The unknown question is how much of a retail price You will be able to drop then, 'cause there always are some limits to bonus usage per module.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Save your bonus money. The discount today is the same height as your bonus money that you can spend in december. Maybe you can use the bonus money much better in the future. :D

WW2 map. F-18 or other things.

Think before you spend. Cause you can spend only once your bonus money. :smartass:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Did ED devlop for 20 Dollars full worthy Modul? Would sometimes not so much think about it help to get our Hobby alive. :music_whistling:

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Save your bonus money. The discount today is the same height as your bonus money that you can spend in december. Maybe you can use the bonus money much better in the future. :D

Think before you spend. Cause you can spend only once your bonus money. :smartass:

I did think about that, but they do expire, so if nothing comes out before they do then I'm SOL.

Exactly........If you pay attention to how everything is priced. It boils down to whether you want to get anything in pre-release at it's marked down price or if you wait and use your bonus points. The price is usually the same it's just a matter of when you want to make the purchase. Bonus points are good if you don't have the $$ at time of pre-purchase. You can still get it at the 20% discount if you have to wait.

I wasn't aware that they expire. I could be wrong on that. I remember having lots of bonus cash for the longest time because I didn't really understand how it worked. I don't recall ever losing any to not spending it. I ended up using it on a bunch of newer modules at some point.

Edited by Zimmerdylan

The 1-year-expiry-clock gets reset after every purchase of any product on the shop, so it's usually not something to remember / worry about, unless you really don't find anything worth buying throughout the whole year.

I'm actually close to this scenario, so after ordering the Spit, I just hope Normandy will come before November 2017 :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I asked about using bonus $$, but they said the Spit is discounted, so I prepurchased early and used my Bonus to get the Huey. then found out the Spit wont be released until next year, I hope Im still alive when it does get released.

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

I asked about using bonus $$, but they said the Spit is discounted, so I prepurchased early and used my Bonus to get the Huey. then found out the Spit wont be released until next year, I hope Im still alive when it does get released.

The pre-purchase newsletter points to 16th of December as a release date, so try to stay alive one month longer and You should be fine, if You're using stand-alone version of DCS. Not sure about Steam users, though, they usually are a bit behind the schedule.