L-39ZA cannot dismount gunsight

hoochiekoo

That's how it should work imo. Can't dismount the gunsight without dismounting the cannon (or strictly speaking your technician crew most likely can do it, but it defeats the purpose of having the cannon / using the ZA version in general then).

Anyway I'm yet to see single operational ZA without gunsight, but have seen a lot of Cs without it (mostly civilian/private owned though).

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

I second that. I also think there is no reason to dismount gunsight in ZA version. My opinion is that this checkbox should worl just for C version and have no effect in ZA.

That would be great.

Vita

I agree there is no reason to remove the sight in the ZA. However, I do want to remove it most of the time in the C. Currently checking the dismount sight disables the sight (but does not remove) in the ZA.

Either there should be a dismount sight checkbox for each model (which I think would be the best option, as it caters for all tastes), or the single dismount sight should just be for the C and not impact the ZA sight.

• 1 month later...
I agree there is no reason to remove the sight in the ZA. However, I do want to remove it most of the time in the C. Currently checking the dismount sight disables the sight (but does not remove) in the ZA.

Either there should be a dismount sight checkbox for each model (which I think would be the best option, as it caters for all tastes), or the single dismount sight should just be for the C and not impact the ZA sight.

+1

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the thread bump.

Any options to have the dismount sight checkbox moved from the special tab options as a common feature for the 39C/ZA to a specific checkbox for the 39C only in the special options tab of the 39C in the mission editor alongside the hood and the solo flight?

Thanks for the best module!

The L-39C has been used as civilian aircraft with no weapons, so for this variant gunsight removal would make sense. However, for the ZA version (which is a purely light combat variant and has never been used in civilian applications), I see no point in having a removable gunsight for the ZA.

The problem really is that if you try to put in L-39C without AS (aiming sight) and L-39ZA with AS, in the same mission, you get either one, or the other, not both at the same time. Either the AS will show, although not clickable in the L-39C, or same way in L-39ZA, depending on whether you save the mission (option registered through "special" tab in settings) with AS or without. The individual settings in editor don`t seem to affect it...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The L-39C has been used as civilian aircraft with no weapons, so for this variant gunsight removal would make sense. However, for the ZA version (which is a purely light combat variant and has never been used in civilian applications), I see no point in having a removable gunsight for the ZA.

Agree.

I agree with this too !

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...