Addon Tents, Watchtower, UH-1-Cargo

Thank you 'Eight Ball' and 'upuaut':thumbup:... am downloading the files and look forward to check them out!!

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Well, did get the helipads and cargo working... somehow, somewhat, though with some "issues...

First of all, for some reasons I need to run 2 (two) JSGME Mod Enablers;

- one in the root directory of the User/Saved Gamer/Mods, and the

- other in the C/Eagle Dynamics/DCS root directory.

The 'User' JSGME loads the above mentioned file by 'EightBall' ( Download ("complete_upuaut_mods") DCS 2.5).

The second C drive DCS root directory JSGME runs "Helipads - Cargo - Racegates - Hospital".

Somehow together these two make up the Helipads Mod.

If I de-activate either one of the JSGEM helipads mod, I'm missing ALL the Mod's stuctures in the Mission Editor.

Problem now is that the tall HeliPads structures are "unland-able".... I can't land on them, but sink right through the landing pad. The small heli pad towers are ok to land on (lighthouse w/ helipad [sea & land])

Also, there are some other Mod structures with missing texture; like the 'antenna' and the 'leuchturm'.

Tried to work with the 'Helipads.rar' file from page 1, but am unable to open the Helipads.rar' file (107mb) with 7-zip, as it says that it cannot open it as archive file.

Q: is the oil rig changed from previous versions? There used to be quite an elaborate oil rig, but this one seems smaller and with less equipment on it than the previous one I've seen for v1.5.

This oil rig I can land on, but it's acting like a ship, with the Huey sliding back and forth, as if on a rolling ship. Is that normal?

Note; DCS built is 2.5.2.20601

Sorry for all the hassle, but I'm quite confused at this point now to make this actually work.

1909823629_2xJSGMEModsEnabler.thumb.png.6e4c1af5f4d4e595bf74d9f358b27b37.png

546388188_CantopenHeipads.rarfile.thumb.png.3df9f5db3811680b3bcd283286a87670.png

Antenna.thumb.jpg.13b4b09cc17abb6b7d0efb7fc6f4ab40.jpg

Leuchturm.thumb.jpg.ceb968df78e33eeff9d48c491ed02937.jpg

1187855347_ThroughHelipadSea.thumb.jpg.ab29bcb2932aa3bb850babb063261818.jpg

299556664_ThroughHeliport-Land.thumb.jpg.ce7e801f3c728b7300f80808ca2fddf1.jpg

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Tried to work with the 'Helipads.rar' file from page 1, but am unable to open the Helipads.rar' file (107mb) with 7-zip, as it says that it cannot open it as archive file.

Try redownloading, this message usually pops up when the file is corrupt due to some issue during download.

This "helipads" pack contains the following objects - all available under "FARPS" in the editor, which means you can now spawn on them :)

KRPuhFp.png

Beware, there are some conflict with previously released pack, namely the "1_Ships_Bunker_Flak 2.5" (looks like Upuaut remove the link anyway).

But if you have this pack already installed, you should remove the following folders (located in mods/tech) "HelicopterLZ", "Goal_Marker" and "OilRig"

@Upuaut

First of all, Thanks a lot for the update thumbsup.gif

As you can see there are some missing textures for the Red Sands and Sea Fort objects. I've had a look at the logs and it seems those textures were in a folder called staddons which the game can't find. But all this is chinese to me so I might be completely wrong...as usual.

6PZ9PfR.png

fvDfnLa.png

Also there's an issue with the helipad tower, it seems it has no collision box for the upper part of the tower and the helipad.

It's a bit weird because I've been able to spawn on it once (just once :huh:) and everything was fine but after that I'd just go right through it.

From my limited testing it seems this issue is only with this particular object.

pOXRSDz.png

Edited by Eight Ball

Update: 13.10.2018 DCS 2.5

-- You have to move the Mods-Folder from the files to you DCS-Folder in your "Saved Games" Folder, before you use JSGME --

Sorry, I'm a bit confused on where to install this. Do we install all of it into the SavedGames\DCS or into the Program Files\DCS folder? Or just the Mods-Folder from this into SavedGames\DCS and the rest into the Program Files\DCS folder?

I tried it all in the SavedGames\DCS and I didn't see the objects in the Mission Editor.

So, I installed it into the Program Files\DCS folder, and I see objects, but most(all) are missing their textures. :cry:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Sorry, I'm a bit confused on where to install this. Do we install all of it into the SavedGames\DCS or into the Program Files\DCS folder? Or just the Mods-Folder from this into SavedGames\DCS and the rest into the Program Files\DCS folder?

I tried it all in the SavedGames\DCS and I didn't see the objects in the Mission Editor.

So, I installed it into the Program Files\DCS folder, and I see objects, but most(all) are missing their textures. :cry:

Both.

rBokY0B.png

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hi Uputaut

Thanks but I had to come back to your previous version because I had some issues:

In first, DCS freezed at 58% but I read the forum and found the conflict about oilrigs, Helicopters Z and Goal Makers. I've deleted these directoriies and DCS launched after.

But some objects like communication tower M are in the ME but I don't see them anymore in the mission. On the mission I've made, plenty of objects seem to miss in the mission but I can see them in the ME.

I think the issue is linked with the FARPS

When I came back to the previous version, restoring oilrigs, Helicopters Z and Goal Makers, all was OK.

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Great work 'Eight Ball':thumbup:! I'll check it out when I get to my PC again!!

Would love to see this great Mod pack of these helipads and cargo one day become an integral part of DCS, so that it it's automatically part of any future updates of the program.

Hi

I've checked !

It's not linked with FARPS.

With this version, I havn't anymore TV antenna, Static Mast, and Communication tower M.

I can see and use them in the ME, I can place them where I want, but I can't see them in the mission.

Any idea ?

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

I've find a solution

I keep the previous version of helipad+cargos+external tanks +racegates and I use the new helipads too and that's working and I have the TV antenna, Static Mast, and Communication tower M.

It seems that Hospitals like helipads don't work always.

I see them in the ME, I place one and I can't see it in the mission according to the place I put it. I've tried in Sochi and I don't see it in the mission.

Very strange !

Helipads working good now... extracted the "helipads" folder to the "saved games"-"dcs"-"mods"-"tech" folder. Cargo working and looking good too now.

No more JSGME needed by the looks of it :thumbup: Hope that any future DCS updates don't mess with the file set-up anymore now that the folder is in the 'saved games' directory.

Noticed some small issues:

- Can't land on the tall heli tower; fall right through it. Can also fly right through the upper part of the structure.

- The short heli tower (land) is missing parts of it's skin (see attached pic)

- The tall heli tower light on the top looks very odd (square) (see attached

pic).

- Is it possible to start a mission (spawn) from the leuchturm island (see pic), or the oil rig, or the heli towers? If so, how does one do that?

Every time I try it, the Huey just explodes at starting the mission, and the mission stalls... It doesn't crash... just the heli is gone, and I'll have to exit to Mission Editor screen, or the DCS main screen again.

- Would it be possible to have a wind sock on the heli towers?

Appreciate very much the hard work that went into making these structures!! I use them on a constant basis when I can!:thumbup::thumbup:

432162966_1-OddHelitowerlight.thumb.jpg.9ee11c108e8d9f4b9eecef1f2f6b47a3.jpg

898453136_2-Helitowerland(missingskin).jpg.8522c23ca57869b8debc53d543bbfbb4.jpg

753765451_3-Leuchtturm.thumb.jpg.0f8aa442212e63c2e07ad7ba4f158431.jpg

Not for me. Just downloaded the last version.

DCS freezed at 60%.

Installed in the right folder as explained in the txt file...

there are some conflict with previously released pack: "1_Ships_Bunker_Flak 2.5".

But if you have this pack already installed, you should remove the following folders (located in mods/tech) "HelicopterLZ", "Goal_Marker" and "OilRig"

I just did a quick test with the latest update and everything seems to work, the helipad tower is fixed aswell as the missing textures. Thanks Upuaut :thumbup:

Hi Upuaut

Just downloaded the new helipads and tested, it's the same.

Hospital is in the ME as helipad, not in the mission. No issue if I use it as structure. I'd noticed the same problem with some of others but I don't remember which.

And what about TV antenna, static mast and Communication tower M not present in the new version of Cargos+ Uh-1H external tanks+ Racegates ?

Hi Upuaut, nice work as always with your objects. The ability to adapt with terrain slope is great.

But I've noticed few problems

1) The Inverted Y and Nato T, use a texture reported to be loaded from a zip contained in the Nevada Terrain. Now I do have the Nevada, so no problem for me but...

2) As you can see in the video below, the main object to which all the formation orient during landing, is the less visible form distance. To signal the other Staggered Right positions, I've used the light from another package that use the F15_bano5tga (for white). Less strong but distinguishable from greater range.

3) It's not a problem but more a request, is possible to have at least those Landing Zone available on the fortification list, in order to create Dynamic Template with?

Hi, the helipads are updated. Hope it's working correctly now.

I've only tried this one, and can tell you that it functions nicely as an helipad:

nNFo3Nq.jpg

Thanks a lot for providing such detailed models :)

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

there are some conflict with previously released pack: "1_Ships_Bunker_Flak 2.5".

I just did a quick test with the latest update and everything seems to work, the helipad tower is fixed aswell as the missing textures. Thanks Upuaut :thumbup:

In mission editor, when I want to place an heliport from the proposed list, I have an error message juste after a short freeze...sad.gif

Please correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe the install instructions regarding the autoexec.cfg file all have an error. The instructions should include a comma following the word /staddons. Like this:

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "./Bazar/World/textures/staddons,")

Strange, whenever I am adding the new helipads with ovGME, my DCS loading screen (the initial one when you launch DCS) freezes at 58%.

I tried with no mods but the new Helipads, then removed one by one the other mods. Freeze occurs only with this one...

see here

Beware, there are some conflict with previously released pack, namely the "1_Ships_Bunker_Flak 2.5" (looks like Upuaut remove the link anyway).