Canopy Scarches/Weathering

GReetings guys (or mostly Skatezilla :))

Are the intensity of scratches we had on canopy a few patches ago are something defined in the 3D modeling that can only be set in 3D Max? I want to put them up a bit higher, as in VR i don'T see them at all even when directly staring at the sun, and i liked it when we had them, really made the feeling of having a glass around my head, now i feel like an invisible glass is there as much as flying canopy less, as i don't see any DDS that can be used for it with a defined alpha chanel, the f18c_cpt-glass_norm.dds doesn't hold much.

Nevermind, just found the issue, i presume since a few patches ago the « f18c_cpt-glass_NRM » Texture in the Texture .zip file « FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip » was a PNG and not a DDS, so saving it as DDS and replacing it made the scratches loaded again.

Well, not too sure how to properly work this effet out, normal diffuse map is something i haven't realy explored, but i was able to make it a bit more visible, here's what i meant, section 1 of the video is the default effet, barely visible on screen and mostly not visible in VR, i never realised it was there, so i tried to make something more visible in VR. Not perfect, but i like it better in VR than seing nothing and having the feeling i'm canopy less, i like seing the effet in real footage and adds to the immersion for me.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, I agree in VR they are not very visible.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Nevermind, just found the issue, i presume since a few patches ago the « f18c_cpt-glass_NRM » Texture in the Texture .zip file « FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip » was a PNG and not a DDS, so saving it as DDS and replacing it made the scratches loaded again.

Where's this file located?

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR