What is DCS?

Wags

Nah it's not an attack on your personal preference. It's just that some people are bashing those who'd rather fly simpler aircraft for whatever reason and making some waves about how terrible it is to be vulched by an FC level aircraft (wait until they get vulched by a DCS one ... what then? Will they complain that the other guy didn't do things right because he started taxiing as soon as one engine spooled up and lined everything up in the air?)

@GGTharos and EtherealN

You guys are both correct. I guess in the end it boils down to what people fly the sim for. I love the details... As a gamer I get far more satisfaction flying the same mission in DCS than I do in FC2. I don't mean to suggest that one is more valid than the other. It's just personal taste

...I guess it might actually be a little hard=realistic for me. And the realism is what I fly the sim for. There's no doubt that my SA has suffered as a result...too busy setting up my TAAF and a secondary flight plan :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(btw, there was no a10c in the 1970s) I

There's no A-10C in FC3 either. You should read the part of the thread that you took that quote from. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

There's no A-10C in FC3 either. You should read the part of the thread that you took that quote from. ;)
Absolutely right, which makes anything but a hypothetical conversation on the matter somewhat moot.

That is too broad a stroke to make. If you're simulating a 1970ies C version then maybe, up to date Charlie sensor and avionics suites would smoke the FC3 version in a pipe.

So what you were saying is "If you're simulating a 1970ies A10 DCS version then maybe the FC3 a10 would have an advantage (in lack of workload), up to date Charlie sensor and avionics suites would smoke the FC3 version in a pipe."

...Couldn't agree with my amended version more :) Is that more or less what you meant?

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

Smokey, I think Sobek was talking about F-15C. ;)

His post is in response to:

Having a reduced workload, the FC3 pilot should have an advantage over the DCS pilot.

Which is in response to:

Does it mean that a DCS F-15C pilot will beat an FC3 F-15C pilot - nope.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I have been away from the forums for a while, and after reading about dcs world, can someone answer me this. Is this for single player?. I have black shark but never finished it, but I don't have any interest at this time to play multiplayer.

I want to reinstall BS, but do I need dcs world?

I'm just not understanding.

Welcome back. Yes, it plays well in single player.

Do a search through the forums. I'll wager that most of your questions are answered in the sticky's, however to save you some time, DCS World is the new unifying environment. You need to install it first. Then if you want to fly the modules you have to buy them (or upgrade them depending on your preference).

***You actually can have an old copy of BS or A10 installed at the same time on the same computer ... because they are totally separate products to DCS World.

Snippet taken from here ...

DCS Product Installation

1- Uninstall all previous DCS products prior to versions 1.2.1

2- To be safe, delete \Saved Games\DCS files

3- Install DCS World 1.2.1

4- Install each new DCS module (1.2.1 or latest Beta version)

Edited by Teapot
  • Like 1

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Yes, you can. No need to buy it again.

Not entirely true. If he has already purchased BS2, then no, he wont need to buy it again. However, if he only has the original, he can install via standalone version 1.1.1.1 located here. http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=135&scr=products&lang=en

Otherwise, if you want to run world and get all the latest and greatest updates and what not, then you will need to purchase BS2 either full or upgrade and then install the module into World.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Actually, my previous answer is not true either :( If he only has bs 1, then he will need to download bs1. 1.1.1.1 is BS2 only. It was really late and I was tired haha.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Very glad I found this GREAT game!!! :smartass:

DCS WORLD 1.2.2

- NVIDIA 310.90 WHQL + CUDA 5.0.545 || MAC PRO 3.1 [early 2008] || BOOTCAMP 5.0 || MAC OS X 10.8.4 [12E55] - NVIDIA Geforce GT8800 512 MB MAC-Edition + Samsung SyncMaster 191T || WINDOWS 8 PRO x64 - EVGA GTX-670 FTW 4GB + Hewlett Packard HP LP2480zx || 2x 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon || 12GB DDR2 800 MHz FB-DIMM || 4x 1 TB WD Black Caviar 7200/64MB || MAC PRO 3.1 980W || OnBoard Realtek Soundcard -

Question

So from what I have read so far it looks like if I want to run DCS world to get all the new updates for lets say A-10C, then I have to purchase A-10C again so I can. If this is correct that really stinks, good way for DCS to continue to make money but screw your customers that have already purchased the game to start with.

If I am wrong on this can someone correct me. I really like A-10 and was about to purchase P-51 or FC3, but if I have to purchase a-10c again, not going to buy anything.

So from what I have read so far it looks like if I want to run DCS world to get all the new updates for lets say A-10C, then I have to purchase A-10C again so I can. If this is correct that really stinks, good way for DCS to continue to make money but screw your customers that have already purchased the game to start with.

If I am wrong on this can someone correct me. I really like A-10 and was about to purchase P-51 or FC3, but if I have to purchase a-10c again, not going to buy anything.

A license for A-10 standalone, or for Black Shark 2 (but not BS1) standalone, will transfer to the related DCS World module.

Okay thanks for the info. I am downloading DCS World now, have tried three times so far, every time I try install I get a source file corrupt. Wonder what is going on with that.

Also I have the original Lock on and was thinking about getting FC3 for that. Will that work with DCS world or what do I need to do?

FC3 is designed for DCS:World. Since you already have the original LockOn you'll have no problem there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 1 month later...

Hi new guy here in the forums. I had A10c for a while but wasn't able to run it due to my rig. I got a decent rig now with win 7 64 bit installed. I just read about DCS world. So I just install DCS world and then use my serial from A-10 and I should be able to play A-10 again? Can i use A-10c by itself or do all the DCS games now need to be run thru DCS world? No need to install A-10 updates no more?

Thanks

Install DCS World then the Module, making sure it is the right version.*

*latest is 1.2.3.

Yes you can still use your serial number from the stand alone version.

From now on all modules will plug into DCS World -

A] to save space on your HDD/SSD

B] so you don't have to download 5 gigs for each module

C] the auto updater is great.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 3 months later...

DCS: WW2 :thumbup:

translate.google:

We plan to do a simulation with the general approach similar to DCS: P-51. Our primary audience - these are the people who love to detail and thorough historical accuracy of that product.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=80095&page=6&p=2002891&viewfull=1#post2002891

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109850

(sorry that Russian)

Edited by Flаnker

• 5 weeks later...

Questions on DCS and FC3:

I.

Lockon+FC3 have to be installed seperately and dont merge with DCSW meaning you have to start FC3 and not DCSW when you want to fly FC3 planes?

II.

Assuming I. is correct: But you can still join the same MP-Servers?

III.

If you have the standalone planes from FC3 you can integrate them "better" by being able to load them as a DCSW module?

IV.

Wasn't the major improvement of FC2 to be able to fly with the Lomac/Fc-planes together with the DCS products? Now the major improvment of FC3 is being able to fly with DCS products in.... ermmm DCS"World"? Did I get this right? I know there are some more tweaks and features but that's how it sounds to me as far as I understood.

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant