I fear for the future

I don't want to loose nobody and we agree that this thread is only about mods adding objects and vehicles in the library. All mods enhancing DCS graphics or terrain or sounds or cockpits aren't concerned by this thread. Why? Because they needn't a work from users after and if one day, they wern't updated, that will only return DCS to its graphics, terrain or sound by defaut.

No this thread is about you complaining that some mods get broken and you think the folks that spent all that time making a mod for free have the DUTY to update them. You say they have the DUTY to update them so that you don’t have to “spend hours” fixing missions you made. You want them to spend hours fixing their mods so that you don’t have to spend hours fixing your missions. Stop trying to save face. You got called on your entitled attitude, stop digging.

To the modders in this group, thank you. I have no idea how to make mods. I enjoy all your hard work. If you don’t update them that’s ok. I’ll gladly use the next ones you develop instead. Many thanks for all the awesome works of art.

You want them to spend hours fixing their mods so that you don’t have to spend hours fixing your missions.

As I said 4 messages above, I believed that updating a mod take only few minutes. I thought that the big work was only to create a mod and not updating it.

Now for the rest, I stay on my position: From now on, I will hesitate to use a mod, knowing I have the risk it will be unusable one day.

Now I use this thread to say again to ED that a paying asset pack with civilian stuffs would be welcome. I repeat: I would be ready to buy !

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Digital Combat simulator not digital civilian simulator go buy fsx or fs9 if you want civvie cack mate

Ah? The Christen Eagle is a military aircraft now ?

And you know as me that flight models in FSX or P3D are unrealistics, especially for the helicopters. That's why I use DCS.

I have P3D V4.5. I have great sceneries ORBX with plenty of details, some landscapes are absolutly wonderful but when I use it, I'm annoying, it's too simple, the aircraft ( except some liners in payware very advanced) are acting like toys. I'm piloting a Cessna 172 in the real life and even the payware C172 from the A2A editor, for P3D, isn't realistic compared to the real. With DCS, even if it's not all the world covered, even if some summit ridges are from an other age of the simulation, the flight models seem to be realistic and, despite these ridges in mountains, the landscape and especially the vegetation are very-well made.

After that, if you suppose that one day, ED will do a civil asset pack( honestly I would be very surprised ), nothing forces you to buy it, if you want to stay military by hook or by crook.

But with this kind of pack, I will be sure that it will be updated too.

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

No but i will shoot down every civvie plane i see in the air out of spite :)

I'ts a good thing that you aren't a fighter pilot in the real life !

I'ts a good thing that you aren't a fighter pilot in the real life !

It's a good thing you think he's serious...

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Just a question:

As i got stucked with some of my missions using mods (after the 2.5.5 update), is there a way to remove the mods ? Can we download dcs 2.5.4 to remove the mods and rework on the mission ?

thanks for your answer.

As i got stucked with some of my missions using mods (after the 2.5.5 update), is there a way to remove the mods ?

Can we download dcs 2.5.4 to remove the mods and rework on the mission ?

No need to downgrade your DCS, just load the Mission on the Editor, then go to Unit List and order by Module, like this:

xQFO8Xz.jpg

Then just delete those units that belong to the outdated Module, or you can also edit the Unit and replace it with another that isnt obsolete, that way any triggers associated with that unit name will still be valid.

Once you have no units of the afflicted Mods (for example Ranger79 Mod Pack) then save the mission, it will now be compatible with 2.5.5

Once you have updated all of your missions, then you can remove the Mod from your DCS ... dont remove it until you have edited your missions, as you wont be able to edit a Mission that uses a Mod if the Mod is no longer present on your DCS.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Just a question:

As i got stucked with some of my missions using mods (after the 2.5.5 update), is there a way to remove the mods ? Can we download dcs 2.5.4 to remove the mods and rework on the mission ?

thanks for your answer.

Just want to add that, as an alternative, you can manually edit the mod out of any mission with NotePad++. MIZ files are ZIP files. Unzip the mission file in question and open the file named “mission” with NotePad++. Near the top is the included mods section. Edit it out, save and repack. Now you can open the mission in the ME even if the mod is no longer on your hard drive.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Some light at the end..

Maybe I can share some positive News.. maybe. I'm working on something called "Nellis reality pack", which includes a bunch of new stuff, buildings, NAS Style Shelters, Gates, Approach lights, light enhancement. New Ground textures, Trees, Henderson Airbase and much more.

I don't wanne go to deep into my life and how difficult things're at the moment but i can only hope that i get a chance to sell this pack for a few bucks real soon. I need to contact ED as soon as i'm ready.. got love for DCS and the whole community..

:director::pirate:

zzhpsRv.jpg

C6e6Udb.jpg

Zl2sP1x.jpg

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

I'm working on something called "Nellis reality pack", which includes a bunch of new stuff, buildings, NAS Style Shelters, Gates, Approach lights, light enhancement. New Ground textures, Trees, Henderson Airbase and much more.

... i can only hope that i get a chance to sell this pack for a few bucks real soon. I need to contact ED as soon as i'm ready..

Wish you luck and I hope you will be able to sell it on the ED-store :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Welcome to internet gaming and the general mod scene, OP. This has been an issue for about 30 years across every game ever modded. There is no magic fix for the fact that mods, modules, indeed, even entire games eventually become obsolete.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Wish you luck and I hope you will be able to sell it on the ED-store :)

Not Possible

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 3 weeks later...

That is why I fly:

- Su-27 Flanker DOS

- Su-27 Flanker Win 95 1.2a

- Su-27 Flanker Win 95 1.50 & 1.51

- Flanker 2.03a

- Flanker 2.51

- LOMAC 1.02

- Flaming Cliffs 1.12b

- Flaming Cliffs 2

- Black Shark 1.02 Stand Alone

- DCS A-10C 1.1.1.1 Stand Alone

- DCS 1.2.16

- DCS 1.5.8

- DCS 2.5.3 (last one to support Hawk)

- The latest DCS Beta

And all of it on Windows 10 ver 1803, DOS Su-27 on DosBox and Flaming Cliffs 1.12b on VM XP-Pro. Crazy, but I love it. More fun getting it all to work than to fly sorties late into the night.

:o)

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"