Screenshot key hard coded?

Eldur

I came across this 'cos my User folder grew and grew on my limited C drive and I didn't know why until I started examining it closely. Well, it's full of DCS screenshots. See the attached ones that DCS made even though I removed the key mappings literally ages ago.

I'm using an external tool, fraps, to record screenshot since it saves them as .bmp uncompressed. Yes, that takes up lots of space, but asolutely no time at all converting them while I play respectively fly. Every screenshot saved by a game or simulation engine that is being converted to png or jpg creates a mini stutter while it does. That's what I want to prevent. But it's impossible if it still takes pics even if I disabled the keys for that function. I say, there has to be a point in being able to remap or "demap" the key I guess... rainbowdashwink.png

Screen_180405_022209.thumb.png.a079d34232e6be4ea58454bfe72712b4.png

Screen_180405_022220.thumb.png.0df1371f4385f1f43e5f3c20d70bb3c7.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Yes, I believe the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard always takes a picture regardless of the settings you show.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Yeah, I've looked into this back when I was on the Steam version; I particularly appreciated how with the overlay active it was still possible to use my media keys to advance tracks and whatnot on my audio player. Speaking of which, even though the InputEvents.lua file seems to define the media keys, DCS doesn't seem to detect them at all, making them utterly useless when ingame (at least for me).

+1 because it really should be an option to change/unbind.

• 1 year later...